| GAME THREAD 🏈 Championship Weekend 🏈

Yea but the media doesn't vote in the committee and the committee has constantly allowed FSU to hang in

I'm not talking about the committee... we will see what they do. I've stated my opinion on them numerous times... I learned a LONG time ago, not to take anything for granted that I don't have control over, and I have zero control in terms of what they are going to do. But, I'll stick by my prediction, backed by the several reasons I've previously listed, that they will include Bama in the top 4. Maybe I'll be wrong and have to eat it, if so, that's fine. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around be be scared of a possible negative outcome, when the compass of logic is pointing to BAMA ---> IN.

That FSU win over LSU in week 1 is looming large now. They won that game handily. Who knew that win would be so impactful. It gives them credibility against the SEC. I bet it gets them in the dance.

That FSU win over LSU in week 1 is looming large now. They won that game handily. Who knew that win would be so impactful. It gives them credibility against the SEC. I bet it gets them in the dance.
The LSU team that finished 6-2 in the conference so in a 3 way tie for 3rd place? Currently ranked #13?

SEC Champion has alot of credibility also.

I'm not talking about the committee... we will see what they do. I've stated my opinion on them numerous times... I learned a LONG time ago, not to take anything for granted that I don't have control over, and I have zero control in terms of what they are going to do. But, I'll stick by my prediction, backed by the several reasons I've previously listed, that they will include Bama in the top 4. Maybe I'll be wrong and have to eat it, if so, that's fine. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit around be be scared of a possible negative outcome, when the compass of logic is pointing to BAMA ---> IN.
Michigan vs Alabama
Washington vs Texas
Alabama vs Texas. We win and much of the country has a meltdown 😂

Strength of Record:
Bama #3
FSU #4
Texas #5

Strength of Schedule
Bama #5
Texas #14
FSU #58

Head to Head:
Texas beat Bama back in week 2

FSU and Bama have similar wins against LSU but in different weeks.

Best Wins against teams in current CFP rankings:

Bama - Georgia #1
Texas - Bama #8
FSU - Louisville #14

Losses:
Bama - #7 Texas
Texas - #12 Oklahoma
FSU - NA

If it was done by true thinkers, it's obvious. Texas and Bama deserve the spots. The committee has changed standards too much this year to really pinpoint what matters. They seemingly just make it up as they go and tend to put whatever spin they can on why Bama stays at #8 despite racking up multiple wins against ranked opponents. Then Georgia does the same thing and bumps to #1. It's a complete sham, they just don't want Bama in, and the fact that it keeps the SEC out is just icing on the cake.

Strength of Record:
Bama #3
FSU #4
Texas #5

Strength of Schedule
Bama #5
Texas #14
FSU #58

Head to Head:
Texas beat Bama back in week 2

FSU and Bama have similar wins against LSU but in different weeks.

Best Wins against teams in current CFP rankings:

Bama - Georgia #1
Texas - Bama #8
FSU - Louisville #14

Losses:
Bama - #7 Texas
Texas - #12 Oklahoma
FSU - NA

If it was done by true thinkers, it's obvious. Texas and Bama deserve the spots. The committee has changed standards too much this year to really pinpoint what matters. They seemingly just make it up as they go and tend to put whatever spin they can on why Bama stays at #8 despite racking up multiple wins against ranked opponents. Then Georgia does the same thing and bumps to #1. It's a complete sham, they just don't want Bama in, and the fact that it keeps the SEC out is just icing on the cake.

What's the benefit to this? I've seen this line of thinking numerous times, here and elsewhere... I don't follow the reasoning though. Feel free to dumb it down for me.

What's the benefit to this? I've seen this line of thinking numerous times, here and elsewhere... I don't follow the reasoning though. Feel free to dumb it down for me.
Benefit? Does there have to be a benefit for the committee to make that decision? I mean they're going to put a 13-0 FSU team in and watch them get shellacked by whomever they go against because they are just not good without Jordan Travis.

The reasoning is always obvious, they've kept us at #8 the entire time despite Texas and FSU struggling down the stretch. Texas seems to have figured it out, but FSU is going to get boat raced like TCU in the Championship.

Benefit? Does there have to be a benefit for the committee to make that decision? I mean they're going to put a 13-0 FSU team in and watch them get shellacked by whomever they go against because they are just not good without Jordan Travis.

The reasoning is always obvious, they've kept us at #8 the entire time despite Texas and FSU struggling down the stretch. Texas seems to have figured it out, but FSU is going to get boat raced like TCU in the Championship.

Maybe you're right, but I don't agree with that line of thinking. The only poll that matters is the final one, it's always been that way. I'm leaving open the possibility that they go against their executive director's rather bold (and somewhat uncharacteristic) statement from just a few days ago...

"Most deserving is not anything in the committee’s lexicon. They are to rank the best teams in order, and that’s what they do. Just keep that word in mind: best teams..."

But I can't get onboard with this idea that they are out to punish Alabama, which is essentially what is being suggested (it seems).

Back
Top Bottom