| FTBL Auburn Coach

I said in the games thread that they won't do it, I'll stand by that. They'd have to pay him (I think) ~$19.5 million after this season. They barely got the money to buy out Harsin, which is why they tried to find cause to fire him. Maybe they could find cause to fire Freeze, but that would be damaging to them as well since they have a rep now for doing their HC's dirty. Regardless, it would be stupid to fire him after year 2, IMO. He inherited a mess. He made a miscalculation on QB this year and passed on a portal player, but his thought process was to load up in recruiting and spend more money on the '25 roster when he had the team filled out a bit more. To fire him now, resets all that again... they money goes away, you have anther coaching search that few will find attractive (because of the issues and turnover) and you likely set the roster up to be poached, and he did bring in some pretty good young players... for all his issues, they guy can recruit. But if they fire him, they'll likely end up having to roll the dice on some up and comer who would be a terrible fit or some guy who is only hired because he has some previous tie to the school. The job would be radioactive and would require a financial commitment for a proven coach that the boosters would unlikely be able to provide at that point. A big reason they got Freeze coming off the Harsin buyout was because of the "past issues" discount that came with him...

I said in the games thread that they won't do it, I'll stand by that. They'd have to pay him (I think) ~$19.5 million after this season. They barely got the money to buy out Harsin, which is why they tried to find cause to fire him. Maybe they could find cause to fire Freeze, but that would be damaging to them as well since they have a rep now for doing their HC's dirty. Regardless, it would be stupid to fire him after year 2, IMO. He inherited a mess. He made a miscalculation on QB this year and passed on a portal player, but his thought process was to load up in recruiting and spend more money on the '25 roster when he had the team filled out a bit more. To fire him now, resets all that again... they money goes away, you have anther coaching search that few will find attractive (because of the issues and turnover) and you likely set the roster up to be poached, and he did bring in some pretty good young players... for all his issues, they guy can recruit. But if they fire him, they'll likely end up having to roll the dice on some up and comer who would be a terrible fit or some guy who is only hired because he has some previous tie to the school. The job would be radioactive and would require a financial commitment for a proven coach that the boosters would unlikely be able to provide at that point. A big reason they got Freeze coming off the Harsin buyout was because of the "past issues" discount that came with him...
That's a very rational way of thinking so auburn will probably do the opposite 😂

That's a very rational way of thinking so auburn will probably do the opposite 😂

The city will sell the naming rights of the city to "Big Lots" for $30 million and use the money to buy him out and get a QB from the portal. It'll still be auburn University, but located in Big Lots, Alabama.

I don't think he's happy in cow town. I wonder if his agent's already talking to the UF administration.

Supposedly, he can't fish and golf as much as he'd like (which is a lot), but he wanted back in the SEC... and that comes with it. I know he likes Lake Martin though. I do think he thought he'd be having more success than he has had to this point though...

Short version translation… they suck.

Back
Top Bottom