| FTBL Amid NCAA investigation and sluggish 1-2 start, Herm Edwards out as Arizona State football coach

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....

Here are a few name that is on their list:
Names for Arizona State: Bryan Harsin, Kalani Sitake, Jonathan Smith, Tom Herman, Troy Calhoun, Charles Huff, Matt Entz, Sean Lewis, Bill O’Brien, Todd Monken, Derek Mason and Alex Grinch.

Last edited by a moderator:
...brutal

If they really fired him on the field - or even implied it - it's beyond classless. The Herm Edwards hiring was always confusing to begin with. The guy hadn't coached in a decade and had never been a college head coach and had only been an assistant coach in college in the 80s for a couple of years.

If they really fired him on the field - or even implied it - it's beyond classless. The Herm Edwards hiring was always confusing to begin with. The guy hadn't coached in a decade and had never been a college head coach and had only been an assistant coach in college in the 80s for a couple of years.
Good gosh...agree with you again...this has got to stop..

Really strange hire...when it happened

I've always thought it was strange to fire a coach early in the season. So they're 1-2. So what? Who says they don't turn around and end their season with a 9 game winning streak? But I guess they'll never know.

I've always thought it was strange to fire a coach early in the season. So they're 1-2. So what? Who says they don't turn around and end their season with a 9 game winning streak? But I guess they'll never know.
It's the norm, now. You can specifically point to the early signing period as when this trend started.

I strongly believe Nebraska will have their man hired, and announced, before we hit ESD.

It's the norm, now. You can specifically point to the early signing period as when this trend started.

I strongly believe Nebraska will have their man hired, and announced, before we hit ESD.
Would be bad if a sitting HC was named....kinda disruptive to say the least....
Screw current recruiting big time...
But a
Now a tv person
Or
Assistant HC
Or
An unemployed Big name coach

It's usually not based on only this year. They were 8-5, 2-2 and 8-5 over the last three years. Add to that the recruiting violations and this year's 1-2 record.

Back
Top Bottom