| FTBL Harsin is out at Auburn

Correct me if I’m wrong, but has Freeze even been cleared to coach in the SEC again? Auburn just thinking they have it wrapped up is certainly set up to have a glorious backfire.
I think that only lasted as long as Ole Miss. was on probation which was for 3 years. I could be wrong but that’s what I have seen.

Sanders- Likely watching FSU or GT spot. Dont' think he'll go to Auburn. He's a smart man... He'll use that as a leverage to get better job. Plus whever he goes, his kids will go.

Kiffin- Would be smart to wait this one out one more year, Especially if he wants to go back out west.

Grimes- Might be the obvious choice here. Or Rhules.

Sanders- Likely watching FSU or GT spot. Dont' think he'll go to Auburn. He's a smart man... He'll use that as a leverage to get better job. Plus whever he goes, his kids will go.

Kiffin- Would be smart to wait this one out one more year, Especially if he wants to go back out west.

Grimes- Might be the obvious choice here. Or Rhules.
Yea I don't think Sanders gives a crap about Auburn and he doesn't want to go up against Bama and the west every year while they are down in recruiting already. He will likely go into the ACC so he can have only 1 team to essentially contend with.
Kiffin -stays at Ole Miss for at least one more year, but likely considered for a few other HC positions here soon. Wouldn't be surprised if he jumps to OU just before they move to the SEC. Much easier to recruit/build there. He also fits the kind of style they want to play.
My obvious choices -
Kevin Steele
Hugh Freeze
Sonny Dykes

Likely in the realm of those three..Dykes is a realtively unkown offensive guru kinda coach. We all know who freeze and steele are.

Yea I don't think Sanders gives a crap about Auburn and he doesn't want to go up against Bama and the west every year while they are down in recruiting already. He will likely go into the ACC so he can have only 1 team to essentially contend with.
Kiffin -stays at Ole Miss for at least one more year, but likely considered for a few other HC positions here soon. Wouldn't be surprised if he jumps to OU just before they move to the SEC. Much easier to recruit/build there. He also fits the kind of style they want to play.
My obvious choices -
Kevin Steele
Hugh Freeze
Sonny Dykes

Likely in the realm of those three..Dykes is a realtively unkown offensive guru kinda coach. We all know who freeze and steele are.
I can see either Steele or Freeze because of extensive SEC experience but not Dykes. I think he was at Kentucky, at 2 different times in the 90's, as a GA and the WR coach for only a couple of years. IMO Auburn will hire the PTB/Boosters choice and President and AD go along or .......well we know what happens when you buck Yellow Wood and his buddies.

Jeff Grimes
I understand Grimes has started contacting HS coaching staff's telling them he's about to begin recruiting their kids for Auburn.

My mention of Grimes the other day was as much deductive reasoning as anything based on tid-bits heard here and there. Now there certainly looks to be momentum behind this story. I don't know for certain if he has the job. According to what's being reported he thinks he has the job.

I've also heard, several times over the last few weeks, AU will look to snag one of Bama's defensive staff.

Back
Top Bottom