| NEWS SOURCE: Bryan Harsin is telling players that want to redshirt that they must enter the transfer portal or quit the team

TerryP

Staff
Harsin's making his own stand here, eh?

With Zykevious Walker and Landen King both announcing their intention to transfer from Auburn, a source tells Auburn Daily that Auburn football Head Coach Bryan Harsin is telling players that have asked for redshirts that their only options are to quit the football program or enter the transfer portal.

I didn't realize their class had been hit this hard.

Of Auburn's 18 signees in the 2021 recruiting class, nine have already left the program, including five of the top ten.

The thing that bothers me most about all this is that Harsin has not been given the chance to make things work. First year, if I am not mistaken, he was told whom to hire as his OC and DC. This year he was "allowed" to hire his former OC and DC from Bosie St. The 2021 recruiting class should not be counted against him because this class is part of the Gus mess and he had very little time to recruit once hired. How many of the 2022 players he brought in and then transfer is on him and his staff.

IMO, this has been a major cluster since his hiring. They brought in a guy from another part of the country, the northwest. He has not been accepted by the "major people" since day one. The AD that hired him is no longer at Auburn. Its just a mess and its all because the administration at Auburn does not have the backbone or integrity to tell the "major people" to back off and let Harsin run the program.

Just some random thoughts from my shallow mind. :unsure:

Reliable source or just more propaganda to make him look bad? They’ve already put out stories of him “harsin around” which were not true. Do agree with 11 though.

Nothing about this makes any sense. They aren't going to keep Harsin, yet they just won't pull the plug. It's not for recruiting reasons. Any prospect HAS to know that Harsin is a lame duck. So, it's not like that's a huge secret. The consensus was that he would be fired after the Missouri game. Then they won in a game where neither team wanted to win. Then, if he lost to LSU, he was out. Well, they lost, blowing a 17-0 lead, giving up 21 unanswered. But they "lost close", so they couldn't do it then either. Next, the scuttlebutt was that after the Georgia game, he was history. A 42-10 beatdown apparently wasn't enough, because they weren't expected to win that one anyway. Then, he was definitely going to be gone after Ole Miss. But....they only lost by 14....so....the moral victory kept him around. As always, their narrative just keeps on changing. I just wonder if there is NOBODY on staff who would make a suitable interim. Or, if he will actually be given another year to (attempt to) right the ship.

Nothing about this makes any sense. They aren't going to keep Harsin, yet they just won't pull the plug. It's not for recruiting reasons. Any prospect HAS to know that Harsin is a lame duck. So, it's not like that's a huge secret. The consensus was that he would be fired after the Missouri game. Then they won in a game where neither team wanted to win. Then, if he lost to LSU, he was out. Well, they lost, blowing a 17-0 lead, giving up 21 unanswered. But they "lost close", so they couldn't do it then either. Next, the scuttlebutt was that after the Georgia game, he was history. A 42-10 beatdown apparently wasn't enough, because they weren't expected to win that one anyway. Then, he was definitely going to be gone after Ole Miss. But....they only lost by 14....so....the moral victory kept him around. As always, their narrative just keeps on changing. I just wonder if there is NOBODY on staff who would make a suitable interim. Or, if he will actually be given another year to (attempt to) right the ship.

Not having an AD probably doesn't help matters but I would imagine they don't want to pay out a third straight massive buyout.

May be looking at someone who has a team playing at high level and dnt want to disrpt that... maybe....
And as JoshB pointed out...maybe waiting to hire an AD

Back
Top Bottom