| GAME THREAD 🏈 Alabama vs LSU 🏈 ~ 7PM ET on ESPN

I've been saying all year this team is not as talented as we are use to having with Saban. The coaching staff is not as talented as well no Sark or Kiffin calling plays no Kirby or Pruitt on defense. This season is over so everybody have another drink.

Last edited:
I've been saying all year this team is not as talented as we are use to having with Saban.
I think this aboultelty true in many areas. Certainly WR and I would say LB/Safety. Probably should include some of the OL but hard to tell if that is more on coaching, play calling or both.

This is such a mind blowing statement. How could anyone honestly believe that? Even if you ignore the lack of development ACROSS THE BOARD, ignore that (which is also COACHING), it' STILL COACHING. A football coach that prides himself on being the most prepared coach in the history of college football yet his defense looks utterly LOST CONSISTNELY. That OT is 2022 Alabama in a nutshell, in terms of defense. Dallas Turner's entire responsibility is outside containment, we've seen the QB do this all night long. What does he do? Immediately crash inside and there it goes... Then, OUT OF A FUCKING TIMEOUT there is STILL 12 players on the field and the defense is lost like usual. THAT IS COACHING.
So, it’s Saban right? If so we can agree on that

Nick Saban is the greatest football coach ever.
This we agree on. He deserves all of us to show him much respect for that. I also believe he deserves to say when it is time for someone else to take over.

With that said, I believe he is still the best out there and will do what it takes to fix this for one last run.

I am 72 and Nick is now 71. I really don't understand why he would want to try to continue forward with today's players. It is only going to get worse and if he continues his path of appeasement (what it appears to me) then his days at the tip top are really over.

Saban‘s time is up. This is the early 80’s all over again. I’m old enough to remember Southern Miss coming to Tuscaloosa in 1982 and and beating a Bama team that a few weeks earlier, had been ranked #2 and was an overwhelming pick to win it all. That team was in disarray and it was crystal clear that Bryant’s time in the sport was over. This is as perfect an example of history repeating itself as I’ve ever seen. Coach Saban should have bowed out after the 2020 national championship. Nobody would have thought any less of him had he done that. Now he’s looking like Bowden and Paterno. He’s hanging around too long

Saban‘s time is up. This is the early 80’s all over again. I’m old enough to remember Southern Miss coming to Tuscaloosa in 1982 and and beating a Bama team that a few weeks earlier, had been ranked #2 and was an overwhelming pick to win it all. That team was in disarray and it was crystal clear that Bryant’s time in the sport was over. This is as perfect an example of history repeating itself as I’ve ever seen. Coach Saban should have bowed out after the 2020 national championship. Nobody would have thought any less of him had he done that. Now he’s looking like Bowden and Paterno. He’s hanging around too long
No offense dude, but many on here would say them same about you (with the exception of the winning part) ((oh, and the graceful part))

I'm old enough to remember back a lot farther than the 80's - some on here need to grasp that this shit isn't designed for one team to win all of the games and all of the championships for infinity. Should you lose your job because of a "down" year? If so, look back at your history on here.
If you are honest in your evaluation, then "see you"!

Last edited:
I am 72 and Nick is now 71. I really don't understand why he would want to try to continue forward with today's players. It is only going to get worse and if he continues his path of appeasement (what it appears to me) then his days at the tip top are really over.

Outlaw I’m with you on the age thing and agree. I use to tell my managers, supervisors. and employees that I could do enough on my own to get fired or demoted and didn’t need their help 🤪. I’m not saying it’s time for CNS to be fired, retire or whatever but he is now surrounding himself with coaches and players that are not willing to do the things that have created what we know as the Alabama football dynasty. These next 3 games and the next couple of months will tell us a lot about what the future holds. Do the coaches and players cave, do some of the players decide to skip the bowl game and etc.

Yeah, the sky is falling. :rolleyes:

Literally last year in January 2021 we were celebrating possibly the best team Bama has ever fielded. In January of THIS year we were ahead in the 4th Qtr of the National Championship game. We've now lost 2 games during the regular season. It sucks to lose when we're so used to winning. We owe all that winning to one man who revolutionized the concept of program building in college football. Last time he lost 3 games in a season, he followed that up by winning two consecutive national championships. In the 9 years SINCE THEN, he's played in 6 NC games winning 3 or them.

Chill out. Trust the man. Trust his process. Trust his decision-making whether you agree with it or not. He's earned that.
So they won't win the NC this year. Get over it. Don't act like spoiled child and demand that he do better or else!

We've got some wonderful people on this board and I sincerely appreciate the online casual acquaintances.
But it's truly alarming how quickly some seem to turn on our coaches when we have a down year. It happens.
Now is when CNS can truly use the support of the fan base he has given so much to these past 15 or so years.

Buck up. Congratulate the winner. Kiss your wife and children and be thankful for what you have. And last but not least - Roll Tide!

Literally last year in January 2021 we were celebrating possibly the best team Bama has ever fielded. In January of THIS year we were ahead in the 4th Qtr of the National Championship game. We've now lost 2 games during the regular season. It sucks to lose when we're so used to winning. We owe all that winning to one man who revolutionized the concept of program building in college football. Last time he lost 3 games in a season, he followed that up by winning two consecutive national championships. In the 9 years SINCE THEN, he's played in 6 NC games winning 3 or them.

Chill out. Trust the man. Trust his process. Trust his decision-making whether you agree with it or not. He's earned that.
So they won't win the NC this year. Get over it. Don't act like spoiled child and demand that he do better or else!

We've got some wonderful people on this board and I sincerely appreciate the online casual acquaintances.
But it's truly alarming how quickly some seem to turn on our coaches when we have a down year. It happens.
Now is when CNS can truly use the support of the fan base he has given so much to these past 15 or so years.

Buck up. Congratulate the winner. Kiss your wife and children and be thankful for what you have. And last but not least - Roll Tide!

Well said some of this fan base are spoiled rotten.

How dare you come on here with this! We are supposed to win all games, all of the time! We owe nothing to Saban - all he's done is ruin the great run we had going (damn I miss going to the Sun Bowl). You are just a sunshine pumper.

*Actually, this is one of the best posts I've ever seen on here.

Nick Saban is the greatest football coach ever.
Agree. I also believe being the greatest ever he has earned a chance to fix this shit show. Not 100% sure but I believe the man is actually good at his job and can adjust it to get it right. I also believe if he has any doubt that he can't do this he would hang it up. But hell, I'm one of those that believes the only time you can't adapt and do something, especially something you've been doing for ages, is when you die or decide you're tired of adapting and you hang it up.

No offense dude, but many on here would say them same about you (with the exception of the winning part) ((oh, and the graceful part))

I'm old enough to remember back a lot farther than the 80's - some on here need to grasp that this shit isn't designed for one team to win all of the games and all of the championships for infinity. Should you lose your job because of a "down" year? If so, look back at your history on here.
If you are honest in your evaluation, then "see you"
So....as Ray Perkins said after the Bear died, we should get used to 9-3 kind of seasons But wait....we should never expect mediocrity....even though....we are very mediocre...on a GOOD day. Oh and fuck you. Try and pull that bullshit where you out me personally on here. Just try it. You ain't winning this, boy

Last edited:

This x10000. All kinds of emotionally charged and spoiled responses in these threads. Let the GOAT do what he does. As you say he has earned that just as the Bear did. I will take CNS over anyone else out there.

If you are honest in your evaluation, then "see you"!
No offense....but you're a piece of shit. Fuck you, BOY!! Wanna fuck with me on a personal level?? Over fucking football?? Fuck you!! You won't win, boy

Back
Top Bottom