| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
My preferences are Lanning, Sark, Kiffin

I'd obviously take Smart over all three if it was an option but I seriously doubt we could pry him away from Athens. Though there's some legs to those Atlanta Falcons rumors he's accomplished what he wanted at Georgia, he could be gone to the NFL sooner rather than later.

According to reports, the source of this is a Eugene Oregon News cast that broke the story saying Lanning pushed his players meetings back 2 hours for tomorrow and left on a plane today to Alabama to interview and possibly be offered the job.

Some people are disputing this source saying it's false. It's hard to tell at this point what is truly real and not since there's a lot of Oregon people saying it's false and a lot of Bama and others saying it's real.

Going to be a wild 72 hour ride.

Last edited:
Certainly think Sark stays at Texas simply because they can outpay Bama but you have to wonder if Sark would take a bit less to take over Bama. He has no ties to Texas. Lanning seems to be the most logical option but does he have the wherewithal to take over a job line Bama? Have to admit I don’t know enough about him other than what I’ve seen him do the past two seasons. I think we could have Lane in a heartbeat if we wanted but even though he has a brilliant offensive mind, I don’t know if he’s the guy to take over Bama. This will date me a little bit, but he reminds me of David Letterman when the tonight show became available, just not quite straight, laced enough for them, although I love David Letterman more than Leno. I think a lot of lanes antics are exaggerated because he knows he’s at Ole Miss and he has to bring a lot of spotlight. If he wants to get players there you have to wonder if he came to Alabama if he was still do that I kind of feel 60-40 that he would.

All of that being said, I would not bet a large sum of money on any of those pics at this point because I just don’t feel sure enough

According to reports, the source of this is a Eugene Oregon News cast that broke the story saying Lanning pushed his players meetings back 2 hours for tomorrow and left on a plane today to Alabama to interview and possibly be offered the job.
Until someone is behind the podium...

There is A LOT in this thread that is accurate.

I want Lanning, but all the rumors remind me of "Byrne has visited with Thad Matta" only to hire Nate Oats lol

I'll say this... this search may end today. It may drag on for a week. But there's going to be (and already has been) a shit ton of rumors, and even people are are very reputable are going to get caught up in the wash if they aren't careful. News like this, at a place like Bama, breeds hysteria... not just among fans, but among media. And I agree, that while Lanning was/is the horse I'm (still) betting on for now, the amount of billowing smoke around that is concerning (if he's the guy you want) at this point. Especially if it drags on past today.

And one last note on Lanning (in particular). If you come across anyone, anywhere, saying that a $20 million buyout is a non-starter, then that's a good sign that they are out of their depth on this particular assignment.

If you come across anyone, anywhere, saying that a $20 million buyout is a non-starter, then that's a good sign that they are out of their depth on this particular assignment.

Yeah, I never understood this. As if to say the powers that be don't understand how a great coach can be such a tremendous return on investment in Tuscaloosa. And the implications of the exact opposite.

In short, we cannot afford to get this wrong. Too much is at stake therefore that $20MM is the equivalent of jack squat.

I'll say this... this search may end today. It may drag on for a week. But there's going to be (and already has been) a shit ton of rumors, and even people are are very reputable are going to get caught up in the wash if they aren't careful. News like this, at a place like Bama, breeds hysteria... not just among fans, but among media. And I agree, that while Lanning was/is the horse I'm (still) betting on for now, the amount of billowing smoke around that is concerning (if he's the guy you want) at this point. Especially if it drags on past today.

And one last note on Lanning (in particular). If you come across anyone, anywhere, saying that a $20 million buyout is a non-starter, then that's a good sign that they are out of their depth on this particular assignment.

Yea, it's hard to sift through all the trash on this one. I'm honestly enjoying not knowing much about something for the first time in a long time and there being wild speculation though.

Another testament to Nick Saban and Alabama is that it has almost every school around circling the wagons around their coaches. Even schools that swore up and down they weren't worried about their coach leaving.
I will now pour the concrete on that.

Just saw that too. Guess the news guy in Oregon is likely fired soon.

Back
Top Bottom