| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
So apparently @rick4bama was correct. I found the transfer rules for things like this. If a coach leaves a program it triggers a 30-day transfer window for any players currently enrolled. We could see anyone from Freshman to Seniors flying the coop if we don't make this hire soon it could get rough real quick.

I know there's a ton of teams pushing for certain players to jump in the portal and they may be more inclined now.

So apparently @rick4bama was correct. I found the transfer rules for things like this. If a coach leaves a program it triggers a 30-day transfer window for any players currently enrolled. We could see anyone from Freshman to Seniors flying the coop if we don't make this hire soon it could get rough real quick.

I know there's a ton of teams pushing for certain players to jump in the portal and they may be more inclined now.
But here is a thing too. School just started back, so it may be till the Spring time before anyone does leave.

So NLI is binding, but because they enrolled in the school. They completed their requirements. There's no required amount of time you have to wait before you transfer usually though you can't until after spring or during fall. And usually you never seen Freshman transferring because they knew they weren't likely playing year 1.

NLI only holds them until the 1st day of class then it's free game.

Ok. Just for kicks. What does Lanning bring to the table? Personality, Recruiting abilities, offense and defense philosphies, ect.
He's great when it comes to schematics, what he's done for Oregon defensively the last two seasons has been really good. If he's able to keep the talent at Alabama if he takes the job, he'll have way more to work with than what he ever could have at Oregon. If he can replicate anything resembling that 2021 Georgia defense.... I think I might pass out from too much blood flow going to a certain area. Know what I mean?
passed-out-drunk.gif

He's great when it comes to schematics, what he's done for Oregon defensively the last two seasons has been really good. If he's able to keep the talent at Alabama if he takes the job, he'll have way more to work with than what he ever could have at Oregon. If he can replicate anything resembling that 2021 Georgia defense.... I think I might pass out from too much blood flow going to a certain area. Know what I mean?
View attachment 26905

If he can get any of our quarterbacks to have a year like Bo Nix, we'll be fine. The biggest thing will be if he can continue to recruit at the level we are used to? NIL makes that harder than ever, so you'll find out how bad he wants it. The pocket book will be opened up and he will have the Ferrari to sell.

My first choice would be Sark, but I don't think he is leaving Texas. We can't compete with them if it gets into a bidding war.
I have a feeling Sark would be more interested in listening than some may think. He has always had great respect for CNS, as he has said, saving his football coaching career. I think if CNS talked with him it would be very hard for him not to accept the job purely out of loyalty. I also think Bama could match any offer made by Texas with CNS blessings. With all that said, IMO a HC has already been hired unless the rumors floating around that the sudden resignation was due to a family health issue.

Back
Top Bottom