| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Sorry for the ignorance, but what the hell did he do on his way out?

It wasn't just on his way out, it was while he was here. He had to be babysat, literally. Cochran was assigned to watch him. Kiffin has zero respect for authority and goes rouge. He'd put Alabama in positions that they don't want, and can't afford, to be put in. Also, his social media antics are something that would go over like a lead balloon with the higher ups. As far as his exit, it would be fair to blame that Clemson loss on him. To say he mismanaged his time would be an understatement. He completely let go of the responsibilities that he'd agreed to keep during his transition out... No show at meetings for example. Mentioned this before, but the final straw was in the Washington game, he was calling plays that hadn't practiced in weeks, he was completely detached from the plan. Saban gave him the boot before the Clemson game and had to replace him with an analyst (Sark) for the biggest game of the year. Sark is good, but keep in mind, that was his first game back in such a position after all that went down with him. It was not an ideal scenario, and IMO, it cost Bama another title.

It wasn't just on his way out, it was while he was here. He had to be babysat, literally. Cochran was assigned to watch him. Kiffin has zero respect for authority and goes rouge. He'd put Alabama in positions that they don't want, and can't afford, to be put in. Also, his social media antics are something that would go over like a lead balloon with the higher ups. As far as his exit, it would be fair to blame that Clemson loss on him. To say he mismanaged his time would be an understatement. He completely let go of the responsibilities that he'd agreed to keep during his transition out... No show at meetings for example. Mentioned this before, but the final straw was in the Washington game, he was calling plays that hadn't practiced in weeks, he was completely detached from the plan. Saban gave him the boot before the Clemson game and had to replace him with an analyst (Sark) for the biggest game of the year. Sark is good, but keep in mind, that was his first game back in such a position after all that went down with him. It was not an ideal scenario, and IMO, it cost Bama another title.

Thanks for sharing this. Funny, because his antics were the exact reason I never wanted him to be considered for this head coaching position, and honestly never felt he was even an option. This lets me know my feelings were spot on about him.

Thanks for sharing this. Funny, because his antics were the exact reason I never wanted him to be considered for this head coaching position, and honestly never felt he was even an option. This lets me know my feelings were spot on about him.

And sadly, his antics are the exact reason so many young fans did want him.

And sadly, his antics are the exact reason so many young fans did want him.

Yep, that is concerning. I hope they grow out of that mentality for the sake of our future. It's honestly one of the reasons I was never a fan of Pat McAfee. Too much attention seeking action. NOW, my feelings on McAfee have changed a little as I feel the segments I watch about him are in fact maturing from his schtick that got him here. I think Coach Saban did a lot for him in the maturation department.

Bringing this thread back to the topic of actual coaches at 'Bama now. . . I don't know a thing about this Kane Wommack. Besides the typical Google search revealing who his etc & where coached. What do we really know about this guy? What's the appeal?

And why in the world would Deboer chose him over his previous D staff?

Bringing this thread back to the topic of actual coaches at 'Bama now. . . I don't know a thing about this Kane Wommack. Besides the typical Google search revealing who his etc & where coached. What do we really know about this guy? What's the appeal?

And why in the world would Deboer chose him over his previous D staff?
Recruiting in the South?

Very well respected for his defensive mind, runs a 4-2-5 which fits Bama's personnel well. And not that it really matters much, but it won't be a take it down to the slab type install in the spring... As far as just calling a defense, he's an upgrade over what Travaris Williams would have been IMO. He's a young guy (36), brings some energy, and will fit really well with DeBoer's staff based on his personality. Having the head coaching experience is a bonus, as his is familiarity with recruiting this area of the country... HS coaches love the guy. Just as a DC, he's a better option than Morrell (who was the main DC at UW), but those other intangibles give Wommack more value too.

Very well respected for his defensive mind, runs a 4-2-5 which fits Bama's personnel well. And not that it really matters much, but it won't be a take it down to the slab type install in the spring... As far as just calling a defense, he's an upgrade over what Travaris Williams would have been IMO. He's a young guy (36), brings some energy, and will fit really well with DeBoer's staff based on his personality. Having the head coaching experience is a bonus, as his is familiarity with recruiting this area of the country... HS coaches love the guy. Just as a DC, he's a better option than Morrell (who was the main DC at UW), but those other intangibles give Wommack more value too.
Not only that, but his wife is fine as hell.

Back
Top Bottom