| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
The Georgia ones have some more legs but they involve his like for Trob and Kirby and that Georgia fans just think everyone wants to be on their team much like Texas folks do. I've heard Kirby literally went to Buford high yesterday to speak with the coach to have the coach call Downs and try to persuade him to move on from Bama. Not sure if he took the call or if Downs is considering it seriously.

Downs isn't from Buford. He went to Mill Creek.

Last edited:
Grubb is coming...

In my line of work you do not let great people leave. Now they may choose to leave but you do what you can do to keep them until you can tell they are not going to then you wish them well. I know nothing about Grubb but just curious about the real story.

Winning will take care of a lot of dislike. Whether you like him or not he’s here! That’s who they wanted. I believe he’ll do fine! Bama fans can’t be like Auburn with Harsin. That man never stood a chance. Let’s at least give him a chance! He’s not a chump for sure. Roll Tide! JMHO!

I'm in the Never Dabo/Franklin Camp. I like DeBoer and his staff.
This we can agree on! People that were putting James Franklin out there were asking for another Coach Curry. A guy that was going to recruit well, win you 9-10 games regularly, but consistently lose to your biggest rival.

Question about Franklin. Most of those coaches in this poll had their names out there for leverage with their university to get a pay raise. For Sark, Lanning, and Norvell, they got paid because Saban retired. Did Franklin? Is PSU that... desperate?

I like DeBoer regardless of where Saban is. Not sure everyone else does.
Then let me assure you. Everyone doesn't like him.

So that's it.

"It," would be an elementary epiphany.

Everyone didn't like Saban,
Everyone didn't like Shula,
Everyone didn't like Price,
Everyone didn't like Fran,
Everyone didn't like ....

You want to start with assistant coaches? Let's ask @JoshB what he thought about Sark taking over the OC role. Hell, ask half of the forum how they felt about Kiffin coming onboard.

You want to start with assistant coaches? Let's ask @JoshB what he thought about Sark taking over the OC role. Hell, ask half of the forum how they felt about Kiffin coming onboard.
Yeah it really stretched my ability to trust CNS when he brought Kiffiin to Tuscsloosa.

I really like DeBoer a lot.
I loved Saban right from the get go. Though I didn’t think Bama could actual get him. A very pleasant surprise.
Was OK with Shula (because of the situation)
Did not like Price at all
Was OK with Fran … then regretted it
Did not like Dubose as head coach
I loved Stallings - not as much since leaving
I liked Curry - even more so now
Was OK with Perkins until I wasn’t

As for the assistants you mentioned:

I didn’t like Kiffin coming on board. I thought he was immature and a train wreck in the making. Glad I was wrong … about the train wreck.

I liked Sark but for reasons apart from football so that probably doesn’t count.

Back
Top Bottom