| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
So if he runs a 4 man front, will we be recruiting differently on defense? A 3 man multiple scheme has different roles and body types than a 4 man front. We have been running the 3 man multiple for 17 years under Saban. A lot of teams, including Ga, also use the 3 man multiple. One thing I will say is that in Saban's 3 man multiple we ran a lot of 4 man front, with Will Anderson or Dallas Turner or whoever the Jack was actually lined up in a 3 point stance on the edge. But the linebackers especially have different roles in the 4 man front. It will be interesting.

I think there's more to the story. The AD said he wanted to make a hire within 72 hours of the announcement, and that it took 49. He didn't say when they actually started looking for a replacement. The call to Sexton certainly occurred ahead of the announcement. We'll never know the true timeline, again because Saban, Byrne and others were aware of the shelf life of recruits and roster inhabitants.
I'd heard that DeBoer had a new UW contract sitting on his desk unsigned after the P12CG.

Couple that with Saban's admission-veiled-in-light-humor to Kirby during SECCG pregame: "I'm getting too old for this"

Pretty sure Saban was heavily contemplating retirement at the end of the season. And the fact that DeBoer wouldn't sign his UW contract when it was presented to him at around the same time... It makes one wonder if this plan wasn't brewing for several weeks before CNS and Miss Terry did their post-season career assessment.

So if he runs a 4 man front, will we be recruiting differently on defense? A 3 man multiple scheme has different roles and body types than a 4 man front. We have been running the 3 man multiple for 17 years under Saban. A lot of teams, including Ga, also use the 3 man multiple. One thing I will say is that in Saban's 3 man multiple we ran a lot of 4 man front, with Will Anderson or Dallas Turner or whoever the Jack was actually lined up in a 3 point stance on the edge. But the linebackers especially have different roles in the 4 man front. It will be interesting.
Not as much of a transition as everyone is assuming, as it was much more of a hybrid 3-4/4-3.

A lot of 4-3 teams use a slender, more athletic DE on one side to drop him into flats coverage if necessary, allowing to keep somewhat of a "nickel" concept while keeping 3 backers on the field.

I just don't expect lot of changes personnel wise, It's more of teaching them different scheme.... Its not any different from going to 3-4 to 4-2-5 or any other scheme.... from college to NFL. They can handle it. They're probably going to seek players who palys fast and agressive

I'd heard that DeBoer had a new UW contract sitting on his desk unsigned after the P12CG.

Couple that with Saban's admission-veiled-in-light-humor to Kirby during SECCG pregame: "I'm getting too old for this"

Pretty sure Saban was heavily contemplating retirement at the end of the season. And the fact that DeBoer wouldn't sign his UW contract when it was presented to him at around the same time... It makes one wonder if this plan wasn't brewing for several weeks before CNS and Miss Terry did their post-season career assessment.
We'll never know how this played out... I think DeBoer knew he was going to get opportunities and I think Brynes kinda did the work behind the scene with DeBoer... and I think Nick played a role in it, no matter how much he denies it.

Makes me question the hire entirely.
I'm still freaking out on this statement.

They did it at INDIANA. The defense improved, immediately, at South Alabama when he took over...and stayed that way.

You've complained about defense...without looking at what he can do for a defense.

GREAT hire.

This is not a "fandom" statement. This is one of the best OC/DC combo's we've seen.

I might agree with this. You're saying, essentially, that mando is bi-polar.
@mando
Offense intended. You are making me think of @50+yeartidefan ... paying attention to Alabama, but not the football world.

And yet i am not sure if thats good or not so much....or agree and...wait a minute...maybe i do agree...yeah...ok i agree
But dont know its true...

I think you are missing @mando being tongue and cheek. He is concerned because @SnakeDoc likes the hire. He has been a pessimist through this entire process and now he is on board with something......... It concerns Mando that he and Snake Doc agree.
I haven't been a pessimist regarding DeBoer. I've been pessimistic about the future implications of Saban being so close to the program going forward.

Back
Top Bottom