| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Well...only 2 are talking...( ok...maybe more) and both to agents ...agents doing all work...
...we are interested....are you
....what are they offering
....What do you want...
...hey...they would be if you gave this...
...etc. etc

That way no body can say they were turned down...everyone can say they are happy where they are.....
Until it crosses....and there is an agreement....

On that example, Byrne talks to guys to get info on other targets. But people hear that they spoke and assume it was an interview. Easy assumption, and early on, I too thought things pointed that way. But after some dust settles, you can start to separate fact from fiction. This stuff is like running a maze... you're going to hit dead ends. They key is to lock onto people who you know you can trust and are not easily duped by false leaks. Usually, they are the quiet ones. Follow the clues and get out of the maze... don't get stuck in the middle with the people who are tweeting out stuff like, Rees is a candidate.
I heard Rees. How could that even be...

It makes no sense

don't get stuck in the middle with the people who are tweeting out stuff like, Rees is a candidate.
Exactly! Everyone knows that doesn't even come close to passing the "sniff test".

Saban will be handing the keys to a Maserati and not a Chevy. Yeah, there will be some big shoes to fill but the infrastructure is in place. We will get a quality coach, period, and I am not even worried about it. The curiosity of who it will be is very interesting but you can bet it will be someone that is more than capable.

Lots of reasons have been rehashed here for a while, and I don't hate the guy like some. But it wouldn't have much support from key players and it would immediately put Byrne on a throne of fire with fan$.

I know. But i think there is quicksand everywhere...
Of the 4-5. Once you were past kirby...sark..lanning...

Gonna be..."settling for". Why would anybody really not want dabo...( rhetorical...noone has to respond). ...only one that has the credentials...

All this shit should have been done....prior to announcing

On that example, Byrne talks to guys to get info on other targets. But people hear that they spoke and assume it was an interview. Easy assumption, and early on, I too thought things pointed that way. But after some dust settles, you can start to separate fact from fiction. This stuff is like running a maze... you're going to hit dead ends. They key is to lock onto people who you know you can trust and are not easily duped by false leaks. Usually, they are the quiet ones. Follow the clues and get out of the maze... don't get stuck in the middle with the people who are tweeting out stuff like, Rees is a candidate.
Yea, I thought Lanning made sense also, the issues are as you say. A talk and an offer/interview are different things, he didn't even confirm he talked about it just said that his name was floated around (Probably by Sexton).

Yea, I thought Lanning made sense also, the issues are as you say. A talk and an offer/interview are different things, he didn't even confirm he talked about it just said that his name was floated around (Probably by Sexton).
As posted earlier Sexton was in the building yesterday. Reps from Excel Sports Management were as well.

I feel quite sure the hire will be a capable, championship quality hire. Not a Rees type hire. Its not like a coach is coming in behind a Mike Price, FucheadFran, or something. This team is loaded with talent, and we are in a good place to get a top tier coach. Anybody think we are getting turned down by coaches right now, might need to take a Xanax or something. Bama will not offer a Job to someone that might take it. If we are at that point in the game again, then we have a Athletic department issue and the lot needs to get fired and skull dragged. I do not see it being this way. My guess we are going to make a move on DeBoer. This hire is near crucial, because of the quality players and that fooking portal thing, I do not see a Rees type, or up in coming trial by fire type of hire. It could be disastrous if that doesn't pan out. Alabama is not a practice hire school anymore, it is a Championship quality hire school.

@TerryP I went to their website and looked under football. A lot of current and former players in the NFL popped up but no coaches. Who are some of the coaches they represent applicable to our possible hire?
I wasn't able to find that list either. It could just be a coincidence that Bama's looking for a coach while players may be discussing things with their agents; or interviewing agents.

on Dabo... I think the main reason most fans don't want him is because all of his success has proven to have relied on basically 2 qb's he was able to get, and his OC & DC at the time... as soon as those 4 men left the program, he has floundered, looking lost... refuses to adapt to NIL and the portal... change is not always progress (as Josh Pate said), but if you fail to change with it, you can easily fall behind... which is exactly what Dabo has done.

He's still driving a 50's hot rod while everyone else is moving on to electric cars. Are electric cars better than 50's hot rods? Not necessarily, but if you don't at least look at them and know what you're up against, you're going to look mighty foolish in a red light race against one.

on Dabo... I think the main reason most fans don't want him is because all of his success has proven to have relied on basically 2 qb's he was able to get, and his OC & DC at the time... as soon as those 4 men left the program, he has floundered, looking lost... refuses to adapt to NIL and the portal... change is not always progress (as Josh Pate said), but if you fail to change with it, you can easily fall behind... which is exactly what Dabo has done.

He's still driving a 50's hot rod while everyone else is moving on to electric cars. Are electric cars better than 50's hot rods? Not necessarily, but if you don't at least look at them and know what you're up against, you're going to look mighty foolish in a red light race against one.
If you drive an electric car because ”everyone“ has one, you’re an idiot.

Dabo's a good guy, but he's a Mike Shula type that found a really good OC and DC that pretty much carried the coaching. He can recruit, he can do the fan engagements well, kiss the hands and all that. But he doesn't really do NIL stuff, he doesn't do Transfer Portal and he's not really an X and O kind of guy. His development is also suspect since he lost some of those coaches.

I would be highly surprised if he was the one who got the job, not because he's a bad guy. I like the guy honestly, but because he doesn't fit a lot of the other criteria that Byrne is looking for in a new coach.

If you drive an electric car because ”everyone“ has one, you’re an idiot.
wow, you really didn't get the point at all, did you...

I said you got to at least know what one is before you race one... i didn't say that everyone should go buy one, I don't have one, don't want one, but I guarantee you I'm not pulling up at a stop light against a Model S Plaid thinking I'm going to smoke him...

Dabo refuses to even acknowledge the portal and I don't think he really grasps NIL either... that's why he's being left behind... Saban didn't love either, but he knew that he had better be prepared for it or he wouldn't be able to keep up...

Back
Top Bottom