| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Yeah, I saw the Sark thing earlier. I don't know how far it got, but he was interested. I'd imagine it had to hit a certain # for him to give the green light. From what I gather, he never got the opportunity. Sounds like Byrne has lowered the landing gear. If so, lets hope for a smooth landing tomorrow.

Just got a text from a non-UA source, but word in Agent Land this is almost done. We will find out, but final approach? Sounds like it...

Dabo's a good guy, but he's a Mike Shula type that found a really good OC and DC that pretty much carried the coaching. He can recruit, he can do the fan engagements well, kiss the hands and all that. But he doesn't really do NIL stuff, he doesn't do Transfer Portal and he's not really an X and O kind of guy. His development is also suspect since he lost some of those coaches.

I would be highly surprised if he was the one who got the job, not because he's a bad guy. I like the guy honestly, but because he doesn't fit a lot of the other criteria that Byrne is looking for in a new coach.
Finding good coordinators ....is a sure nuff positive...
Dont see any resemblance to shula though...sure not with clunks mike hired..

A good hc is only as good as his coordinates...
And i thought Dabo would be loved for standing up against portal n nil...
But for him to ever have success..he will have to rethink...those areas...
I agree

wow, you really didn't get the point at all, did you...

I said you got to at least know what one is before you race one... i didn't say that everyone should go buy one, I don't have one, don't want one, but I guarantee you I'm not pulling up at a stop light against a Model S Plaid thinking I'm going to smoke him...

Dabo refuses to even acknowledge the portal and I don't think he really grasps NIL either... that's why he's being left behind... Saban didn't love either, but he knew that he had better be prepared for it or he wouldn't be able to keep up...
You didn’t understand the fallacy of the comment. Electric cars are new, not better. Electric cars aren’t capable of performing like a 50s hot rod. I guarantee you that if you need to drive 1000 miles and both cars are limited to 65 mph, the 50s hot rod will get you there faster. The portal and NIL are part of the playing field now. Those with the most NIL dollars aren’t winning more. Those getting more players from the portal aren’t winning more. Yes, you can isolate Clemson and claim that their poor 2023 record is due to lack of NIL money or portal players, but if you look deeper you’ll find real reasons for their failure. At the same time I could isolate Colorado who rebuilt their team through the portal and failed miserably. An analysis with one variable will point to that single variable as impactful.

Yeah. If i was willing to bet on this.....thats where i would lay my money down...

Know little about him...other thanhis year at Washington....

Know Only this...AU hired outside Southern region...an offensive coach...
How did that work out..?
Yes and once LSU took a chance on a "northern, out of region" coach, turned out good for them and better for us....
And we ain't *aU

Back
Top Bottom