| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Anyone that we were ā€œtrying to getā€ is on hold. Whoever the next HC is will have his own list of future assistants.
I think you may have missed the part where he was interviewing assistant coaches before he retired and will continue to do so until the new Head Coach is named. He may not pick his guy out but he's made it clear he's still helping whoever it is, succeed.

I know some people may not like this, but the oddsmakers for this thing think Dabo is gaining momentum but again odds on these things are weird so they could be trying to sucker people in for money.

If you don't wanna read essentially

Kalen Deboer -200 from -400 earlier in the day
Dabo Swinney +100 from almost +2000 through the day
Steve Sarkisian +400 from about +1000 earlier in the day
Lane Kiffin +500 from about +750 earlier in the day
Mike Norvell +1000 - stayed about the same
Lanning dropped to +2000

I know some people may not like this, but the oddsmakers for this thing think Dabo is gaining momentum but again odds on these things are weird so they could be trying to sucker people in for money.

If you don't wanna read essentially

Kalen Deboer -200 from -400 earlier in the day
Dabo Swinney +100 from almost +2000 through the day
Steve Sarkisian +400 from about +1000 earlier in the day
Lane Kiffin +500 from about +750 earlier in the day
Mike Norvell +1000 - stayed about the same
Lanning dropped to +2000

I'm not all that well versed in futures bets, but it makes me wonder if they are manipulating it to try and get suckers to throw down more coin on Dabo as opposed to wear the number was. I say that, because even with the looming possibility of a left field hire, I can't fathom a scenario where Dabo is offered the job.

A lot of you guys on here have seen coaching searches at Bama before. AD said do not believe anything you read and I believe that. All this flight watching and speculation just puts you on a rollercoaster. Let Byrne do his job and put someone in place. When he does back the guy. Saw some Bama fans protesting saying do not hire Dabo. As an organization and fanbase we are better than that. If CNS being at Bama has taught us anything it should be that unless the organization including the fanbase pulls in the same direction whoever is there will innevitably fail. Support the AD and his choice.

A lot of you guys on here have seen coaching searches at Bama before. AD said do not believe anything you read and I believe that. All this flight watching and speculation just puts you on a rollercoaster. Let Byrne do his job and put someone in place. When he does back the guy. Saw some Bama fans protesting saying do not hire Dabo. As an organization and fanbase we are better than that. If CNS being at Bama has taught us anything it should be that unless the organization including the fanbase pulls in the same direction whoever is there will innevitably fail. Support the AD and his choice.

The plane watching in 2024 is a fool's errand.

I'm not all that well versed in futures bets, but it makes me wonder if they are manipulating it to try and get suckers to throw down more coin on Dabo as opposed to wear the number was. I say that, because even with the looming possibility of a left field hire, I can't fathom a scenario where Dabo is offered the job.
Eh, future bets like these tend to be a rollercoaster on odds. They try to get a ton of sucker money by manipulating them some and making it seem like there's something that Vegas knows that others don't I'd say tomorrow we will see some more movement as ramblings and rumors continue to swirl.

I will say, on Norvell at around Noon he was a +200 and Sarkisian was +250 so they moved even throughout the day a ton. Norvell started around +1000 dropped to +200 around the middle of the day and then shot back up after his tweet earlier about FSU landing Ferguson.

I will also point out Sarkisian just tweeted out a very pro-Texas tweet a few minutes ago so wouldn't be surprised to see him shoot up as well.

followed by his wife's tweet of Texas with a horns logo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom