| MBB/WBB Basketball stuff I just got in an email...'twas posted on TI.

TerryP

Staff
@rick4bama you were asking about numbers, records, with basketball. I mentioned this a few weeks ago in another thread about offensive numbers. This is historic.

- Bama now has an adjusted offensive efficiency rating of 127.1. Kenpom goes back to the 1999 season and only three teams have finished a season with a rating of over 127. Duke (99), Wisconsin (15) and Nova (18) are the three teams and two finished runner up (Duke and Wisconsin) and Nova won it all.

- Bama has two games this week against very good offensive teams. Kentucky is 7th and Florida 9th in Adj Off Eff. Both teams are in the top 35 in tempo as well. Bama is going to get to play up tempo and should have plenty of opportunities to get into their stuff.

- Florida is terrific on the offensive glass and that will likely be the defensive emphasis for the Tide on Wednesday. Florida only trails A&M nationally in offensive rebounding %. One large advantage I see is Florida doesn’t turn their opponent over. More reason to believe that Bama will have ample opportunity to light the scoreboard up.

- Kentucky is going to be a tough win on Saturday. They shoot the three ball extremely well. They are over 40% for the year. Additionally, they take care of the ball very well. It’s the reason I liked them so much against Auburn. Bama will need to dominate the glass as Kentucky isn’t a great rebounding team on either end. UK is 3rd in block percentage. They make it tough to make twos around the basket. The game will likely come down to who is able to slow down the other from 3PT and I think Bama needs to win the glass.

- The 3PT shooting that could be on display on Saturday could be special. We know the numbers that Sears, Wrightsell, and Griffen have put up but Sheppard, Dillingham and Reeves are just as lethal. To qualify as a leader on KP you have to play at least 40% of teams minutes and have two attempts per game. The following 3PT percentage leaders in the SEC will be on display Saturday:

#1 Sheppard 54-105 51.4%
#3 Sears 60-133 45.1%
#4 Dillingham 47-105 44.8%
#5 Wrightsell 57-128 44.5%
#7 Reeves 65-148 43.9%
#14 Griffen 50-123 40.7%

That’s some insane shot makers in one game. Should be a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom