| FTBL Thinking about spring ball...and Austin Mack.

How many of you guys know he 'shirted last year at UW? He's had a year in CKD's system.

I do believe Jalen will be QB1 at the beginning of camp. But dayum...the fact he's been in this system for a year makes me also think the QB room is going to be shook up a bit.

I'm not counting on A-day for an answer.
I came out of posting retirement to make a comment:

I really believe Mack will push Milroe for the starting job. While the A-day won't give us an answer, we will know where things stands as of April. If I were Milroe, I would bust my ass in the off season to learn the offense and if Mack does get starting job and Milroe doesn't transfer out, then I can see us having few package for Milroe.

For some reason, I think Milroe can get the job done.

How many of you guys know he 'shirted last year at UW? He's had a year in CKD's system.

I do believe Jalen will be QB1 at the beginning of camp. But dayum...the fact he's been in this system for a year makes me also think the QB room is going to be shook up a bit.

I'm not counting on A-day for an answer.
If he can't move ahead of Milroe with a year's head start in the system, then he's in trouble.

Last edited:
I came out of posting retirement to make a comment:

I really believe Mack will push Milroe for the starting job. While the A-day won't give us an answer, we will know where things stands as of April. If I were Milroe, I would bust my ass in the off season to learn the offense and if Mack does get starting job and Milroe doesn't transfer out, then I can see us having few package for Milroe.

For some reason, I think Milroe can get the job done.
You haven't lost a step...

I can’t believe that I feel as good as I do about our QB room, despite having a new coaching regime. Also to have a promising young transfer with a tremendous ceiling and a year experience with KD’s system is awesome. I can’t wait to see what happens once we’ve mastered the center-QB exchange.

You know I'll be around here time to time. Not much to hear when it comes to the program, but I am curious about the 4th quarter program under KD and what changed, and what didn't changed. Who's impressing, who's the leader, etc. We'll know more by March.
Yeah always wondered what would happen with that. But I’m sure he has his own style. Can’t wait for some reports.

He’s a young guy,” Michael Penix Jr. said. “He actually reclassified, came in early, he wanted to be able to spend a year in the offense. Seeing me and seeing how I operated in the offense and stuff like that. I did my best to just show him as much of the offense as I could and continue to encourage him.”

Michael Penix is confident that what he saw in practice will one day translate onto the field.

“His confidence is out of the roof, man. He’s going to be an amazing player at Alabama. That’s definitely going to be a household name there pretty soon, and he has so much talent at a young age that I saw as soon as he came in and just the way he was able to pick up the offense, and pick up on just seeing (reading) the defenses, and reacting to the plays, it was amazing to see. So, I know his ceiling is very high.”

Penix on A. Mack

A lot of you guys in here are looking for some weird things, "All I'm looking for is X" have some faith in DeBoer. We'll know more come end of spring about the offense and his plan for the team we have vs Washington. We'll see after summer workouts heading into fall what his opinion is on S&C. I am of the mind that his Washington team was more physical against Texas than we were this year, so I think we'll be just fine in that area.

Mack will be a slinger, as everyone knows the best QB in Bama history is the guy backing up our current starter. I don't see anyway Milroe loses the job. I think the Battle we're all expecting is between Simpson, Lonergan, and Mack for that #2 spot. That could really shake-up the QB spot because both Simpson and Lonergan will be gone if a Freshman (RS) is ahead on the depth chart. Will also make it awkward as far as depth for the next year at least.

I just wanna get to A-day after Spring Practices with a healthy roster and look forward to the fall.

A lot of you guys in here are looking for some weird things, "All I'm looking for is X" have some faith in DeBoer. We'll know more come end of spring about the offense and his plan for the team we have vs Washington. We'll see after summer workouts heading into fall what his opinion is on S&C. I am of the mind that his Washington team was more physical against Texas than we were this year, so I think we'll be just fine in that area.

Mack will be a slinger, as everyone knows the best QB in Bama history is the guy backing up our current starter. I don't see anyway Milroe loses the job. I think the Battle we're all expecting is between Simpson, Lonergan, and Mack for that #2 spot. That could really shake-up the QB spot because both Simpson and Lonergan will be gone if a Freshman (RS) is ahead on the depth chart. Will also make it awkward as far as depth for the next year at least.

I just wanna get to A-day after Spring Practices with a healthy roster and look forward to the fall.
I sincerely hope you are wrong about QB1.

Back
Top Bottom