| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: Elite 2025 EDGE Justin Hill has Committed to Alabama

I'm thinking...

We're going to see a run based offense…
I agree.

Other than Henderson and Hale (injured), I don’t think we have any deep threats with sufficient height and wing span to reliably win one-on-one’s. I do like Odom in the red zone though. But I like your idea of using the backs (in run and pass) to help open up the intermediate and long pass game. I expect our best opponents this season to load the box to defend the ground game and QB runs/scrambles and force Milroe to connect with his shortish and smallish WRs in coverage.

To add one thing, Bernard staying healthy will be crucial. He provides that physical ball hawking option that Burton played last season as someone able to fight for the ball in tight coverage.

I agree.

Other than Henderson and Hale (injured), I don’t think we have any deep threats with sufficient height and wing span to reliably win one-on-one’s. I do like Odom in the red zone though. But I like your idea of using the backs (in run and pass) to help open up the intermediate and long pass game. I expect our best opponents this season to load the box to defend the ground game and QB runs/scrambles and force Milroe to connect with his shortish and smallish WRs in coverage.

To add one thing, Bernard staying healthy will be crucial. He provides that physical ball hawking option that Burton played last season as someone able to fight for the ball in tight coverage.
I'll give you an example of something they've been working on.

Bama has speed in the backfield. A LOT. The toss/toss sweep will be used to get the RB's on the outside.

Then there's going to be that one fake toss sweep where Jalen heads in the opposite direction. He's gone.

Sheridan said something the other day I agree with. It's arguable, the best athlete on the field for Bama, is the QB.

Related note: I know they have been working with JM on his "mechanics." Everyone I've spoken with has said, "they've improved." I know they've been working on his route recognition. The staff has said, a few of them, he's improved and getting better.

I said it last year, I said it this spring, I'll say it again. Barring injury, we're going to see Jalen in NYC.

I agree.

Ryan Williams will step in nice here. He's a lanky 6'1. Like I said before, just like DaVonta.

Ryan Williams will step in nice here. He's a lanky 6'1. Like I said before, just like DaVonta.
I do think we have deep ball threat. I don't think we'll see that often.
I'll give you an example of something they've been working on.

Bama has speed in the backfield. A LOT. The toss/toss sweep will be used to get the RB's on the outside.

Then there's going to be that one fake toss sweep where Jalen heads in the opposite direction. He's gone.

Sheridan said something the other day I agree with. It's arguable, the best athlete on the field for Bama, is the QB.

Related note: I know they have been working with JM on his "mechanics." Everyone I've spoken with has said, "they've improved." I know they've been working on his route recognition. The staff has said, a few of them, he's improved and getting better.

I said it last year, I said it this spring, I'll say it again. Barring injury, we're going to see Jalen in NYC.
Perfect Example.

Another thing to think about: Fake Toss Play Action. I expect to see that as well.

I do think we have deep ball threat. I don't think we'll see that often.

Perfect Example.

Another thing to think about: Fake Toss Play Action. I expect to see that as well.

Yes sir. It is.

This is also and example of the "eye candy" I mentioned a few days ago that's being installed. In a single back set who are they watching?

Fake Toss Play Action.

They've been doing that with Cole Adams as the primary target. Single back set with two TE's.

I wish I had video. I don't. Most of the guys I speak with treat cells phones like the Covid Vaccine. Just don't want to do it anymore.

Jadon Blair chose ND which means Ivan Taylor should be on flip watch, I know Bama's been pursuing him but a lot of the people in south bend think he's sticking around.

The fact Blair just dropped his commitment when they didn't need a safety in their class has to be because they think Taylor is moving on or at least re-opening recruitment. There's a possibility they are over-recruiting that position but dunno I feel there's a lot of smoke around that.

We're going to see a run based offense, but one where suddenly the running backs are in the passing game. It'll create situations where the defenses are so focused on the backs, that we'll see the receivers running like a deer in an open field. The way both DeBoer and Sheridan have used the tight ends? It's going to scramble some brains.

I've always wanted us to use the RB more in the way that St. Louis Rams did with Marshall Faulk. It truly was pure speculation what he was going to do. I wonder how much of that Mike Martz's offense influenced CKD.

I've always wanted us to use the RB more in the way that St. Louis Rams did with Marshall Faulk. It truly was pure speculation what he was going to do. I wonder how much of that Mike Martz's offense influenced CKD.
That's a good question. He's got a great offensive mind.

My whole point all along hasn't been stated as clearly as it should have been. I keep pointing to the 104-12 record. But, I haven't said, "That NAIA, D2, and then D1." He's won at an incredibly high rate, at every level of football.

#LANK is so fitting this season.

"He can't recruit in the SEC." Yeah, well, that one is out the window. "When Courtney Morgan..."

"Can he coach in the SEC" may be one of the most stupid things I've heard.

My whole point all along hasn't been stated as clearly as it should have been. I keep pointing to the 104-12 record. But, I haven't said, "That NAIA, D2, and then D1." He's won at an incredibly high rate, at every level of football.

"He can't recruit in the SEC." Yeah, well, that one is out the window. "When Courtney Morgan..."

"Can he coach in the SEC" may be one of the more stupid things I've heard.
To me, football is football. Your best eleven against the other best.

I started a thread last year about #LANK.

You right about recruiting in the SEC. Best hired in Bama history not being a Coach.

Again, you are right about your statement.

"Can he coach in the SEC" may be one of the more stupid things I've heard.
Barners and every other delusional fan base are now moving the goalposts once again. It has gone from “he can’t recruit in the SEC to he has to get all of his recruits from the West Coast and Midwest because he can’t recruit the Southern kids!” Dumbassery at its finest!!

Barners and every other delusional fan base are now moving the goalposts once again. It has gone from “he can’t recruit in the SEC to he has to get all of his recruits from the West Coast and Midwest because he can’t recruit the Southern kids!” Dumbassery at its finest!!
I'd have to look to be sure on this...off the top of my head.

Six from Cali.
Five from Bama.
Three from Georgia.
One from Mississippi.

Merritt is from Kansas and Russell is from Texas. Ohio, New Jersey...I can't remember where Carroll is from, I do know it's in the NE.

I'd have to look to be sure on this...off the top of my head.

Six from Cali.
Five from Bama.
Three from Georgia.
One from Mississippi.

Merritt is from Kansas and Russell is from Texas. Ohio, New Jersey...I can't remember where Carroll is from, I do know it's in the NE.
I guess BAMA, Georgia, Mississippi are no longer considered the South according to Barners!!😂

Back
Top Bottom