| RECRUIT Reflections on Ala-Aub recruiting

Freeze will buy a QB. May come from Tuscaloosa. With that said, CNS recruits to win championships not to beat the Barn. You are giving the Barn and Freeze waaaaaaay to much credibility and credit. Freeze will be more of an issue than the last guy and Malzones last few years but there are waaaay bigger fish to fry than the Barn for Bama to win championships.

Last edited:
Freeze needs good players, but he is trying to flip the perception in terms of recruiting right now is it pertains to Bama. He's putting a tremendous amount of effort (and $) into players that Alabama wants and trying to pluck them. The project right now is to get Ryan Williams... it would be a massive get for their roster but would also be used by him and his program in the way Alabama used the commitment of Julio at the beginning of Saban's tenure. Freeze has gone all in on him, including flipping one of his teammates (DL Antonio Coleman) that @Scrape&Search1032 mentioned. He's also working hard to flip Saraland QB KJ Lacy from Sark and the Longhorns. Ryan Williams is the end game, and Freeze is pulling every string. Gonna be one hell of a ride until the Feb. signing day.

Freeze needs good players, but he is trying to flip the perception in terms of recruiting right now is it pertains to Bama. He's putting a tremendous amount of effort (and $) into players that Alabama wants and trying to pluck them. The project right now is to get Ryan Williams... it would be a massive get for their roster but would also be used by him and his program in the way Alabama used the commitment of Julio at the beginning of Saban's tenure. Freeze has gone all in on him, including flipping one of his teammates (DL Antonio Coleman) that @Scrape&Search1032 mentioned. He's also working hard to flip Saraland QB KJ Lacy from Sark and the Longhorns. Ryan Williams is the end game, and Freeze is pulling every string. Gonna be one hell of a ride until the Feb. signing day.
He's certainly put the pressure on in getting Williams. But I still feel good about him staying at Alabama. Now that could obviously change until signing, but I'd bet on us keeping him. He just had an interview saying he's just enjoying his visits, but that he's still fully committed to Alabama.

He's certainly put the pressure on in getting Williams. But I still feel good about him staying at Alabama. Now that could obviously change until signing, but I'd bet on us keeping him. He just had an interview saying he's just enjoying his visits, but that he's still fully committed to Alabama.

I think he probably sticks too... but as I said earlier this week... anyone who tends to worry and get worked up about the drama of a high profile recruit probably needs to self-impose a blackout on him until after February 9th...

He's remained firm with us after all of the things Auburn has tried in pursuing him. Something I want to add is this, Mbakwe has been a big help in keeping Williams at Alabama. And 2025 is already off to a recruiting war between Alabama and Auburn. There's tons of targets that they'll be battling for this next cycle, like with Eric Winters.... Bama's gonna need to add some more linebackers in next years class, and it be great if we could beat them out for him. I still say Alabama should heavily prioritize Zayden Walker, and get him on as many visits as they can for him. We get him, I'm completely fine with losing Winters to Auburn. But it be great if we could somehow land both. Don't see that happening. Losing Coleman stings, but that one is not over by a longshot. They could possibly pursue Fegans, and we get into another battle for a recruit. I'll give rat face this.... he can recruit, but he's a very slimy recruiter. He feels like one of those door to door salesman that sell a shitty product, but insists that I give it a chance, and low and behold.... it turns out to be shitty.

Freeze is at Auburn for the short term. Yes, he wants to pluck Bama recruits but it’s not for the Auburn Fambly it’s for him. Anyone remember when he was at Liberty how many schools with head coaching openings was knocking down the doors to get him? Not to mention the fact he was not Auburn’s 1st, 2nd, and possibly 3rd choice. He’s at Auburn just to get his foot back into the SEC and big time college football. He’s had a good recruiting year, 8th in the country, after just 1 year. He will probably go 9-3 possibly 10-2 his second year. The first notable HC job that becomes open I wouldn’t be surprised if he bailed.

8-4, maybe 7-5 depending on who A&M hires. They face the Aggies on the road in week four? UGA the following Saturday. @LSU...they host Lane and his crew but I can't chalk that up to an automatic W. Hosting Bama...
He has a favorable schedule, but needs a QB to pull off 9-3 or 10-2 in my opinion. Think 7-5 to 8-4 is realistic with 9-3 being the ceiling.

8-4, maybe 7-5 depending on who A&M hires. They face the Aggies on the road in week four? UGA the following Saturday. @LSU...they host Lane and his crew but I can't chalk that up to an automatic W. Hosting Bama...
You looking at '23 or '24, @TerryP ?

Assuming they get by Cal, I see six potentially losable games. I don't know what Mizzou (they are up and down) and Kentucky (I think they've peaked) will have next year, and then there are OK/GA/aTm/Bama to play.

You looking at '23 or '24, @TerryP ?

Assuming they get by Cal, I see six potentially losable games. I don't know what Mizzou (they are up and down) and Kentucky (I think they've peaked) will have next year, and then there are OK/GA/aTm/Bama to play.
'23

It is all about this for sure.... Marketing 101. Find a way to win one against the GOAT.

Back
Top Bottom