| RECRUIT Alabama commit (WR) Ryan Williams updates thread

Yes he was, and yes he does. But he’s building a nice resume under Saban right now, would be tough to walk away from that for anything less than the DC spot. Even then, it would take some serious pro and con thought.
I expect to see the announcement of a raise and a title change in the next six weeks or so. IE: Assistant head coach of defense...something like Wiggins title.

Yes he was, and yes he does. But he’s building a nice resume under Saban right now, would be tough to walk away from that for anything less than the DC spot. Even then, it would take some serious pro and con thought.
As a Barner he has been programmed differently. What you are saying make sense but Barner cult defies logic. I am sure you are right I just do not trust the Viles and Barn. I do trust CNS will get it done.

@TerryP mentions a change of title. I’m thinking he just might possibly be our “DC in waiting”. I don’t know how long Steele might go. Next year might be it and that may have been in the discussion with TRob from the beginning. Just spitballing!

@64Tide I realize we're dealing in a little bit of semantics here. The defensive calls are about done: if they aren't already.

When I say "communication," it's delivery style. There is a perceived improvement in the defense this season that doesn't show up in efficiency. It's akin to having an Algebra teacher walk the class through equations carefully versus one that does the same thing and class is over in :10.

I was told the Barn offered 16 mil for 4 years. And Bo Jackson give his dad a job at his company and a truck. So we’ll see what happens.
This is the kind of stuff that I have been talking about. No idea if this is true but NIL gives these wanna be programs a path to make a splash and impacting Bama. Now being reckless will eventually implode these programs but for a window of time it could give them a leg up from the past. Desperate people/programs will do desparate things.

I gotta think this is a joke but then you see stupid things like what A&M did with Fisher and you know it is possible,

Last edited:
Hopefully with the Barn not having a QB yet maybe he’ll stick with Bama. But, a lot of money floating around.
He's stuck with a hard decision. He'll end up being drafted either way. Here's where the "external recruiting factors" come in to play.

I need to look more deeply. Don't' really have the time. I seeing NIL programs falling apart and also seeing NIL programs, that started cautiously, succeeding. I don't know if I'm seeing this right.

Loads of money if 4/$16M is correct. I tell you, if I had that my dad wouldn't need a job.

All that being said, who is going to throw him the ball? Darvin Adams the last Auburn receiver to make it to the NFL? Gotta get out of the weeds to see the field with these kinds of decisions. Also, who has Freeze ever developed at receiver?

I don't know... I mean he's going to get an NIL deal here too. How much will that be worth? Players choosing to go to a place just for the cash is not the kind of player Saban is recruiting, IMO nor is it the kind of player I would want here.

Back
Top Bottom