| RECRUIT Reflections on Ala-Aub recruiting

He's remained firm with us after all of the things Auburn has tried in pursuing him. Something I want to add is this, Mbakwe has been a big help in keeping Williams at Alabama. And 2025 is already off to a recruiting war between Alabama and Auburn. There's tons of targets that they'll be battling for this next cycle, like with Eric Winters.... Bama's gonna need to add some more linebackers in next years class, and it be great if we could beat them out for him. I still say Alabama should heavily prioritize Zayden Walker, and get him on as many visits as they can for him. We get him, I'm completely fine with losing Winters to Auburn. But it be great if we could somehow land both. Don't see that happening. Losing Coleman stings, but that one is not over by a longshot. They could possibly pursue Fegans, and we get into another battle for a recruit. I'll give rat face this.... he can recruit, but he's a very slimy recruiter. He feels like one of those door to door salesman that sell a shitty product, but insists that I give it a chance, and low and behold.... it turns out to be shitty.

It’s way early but the pundits are already talking about the 2025 class. Two of them on an Atlanta sports talk show predicted Freeze will “clean up on Alabama high school players in 2025”. They listed the names of the players he would probably sign but to be honest I’m just learning the names of all of the states 2024 players. They both said they haven’t heard this much positive Auburn talk among Alabama high school coaches in a long time. The elite talent the state has produced over the past few cycles makes cleaning up the state a big deal. They also listed all of the five star Alabama high school receivers over the past few years that haven’t signed with Bama. I was surprised to learn there were so many and that Bama had only signed a few of them. I know I’m old school but I still think getting the state’s top talent should be a priority.

It’s way early but the pundits are already talking about the 2025 class. Two of them on an Atlanta sports talk show predicted Freeze will “clean up on Alabama high school players in 2025”. They listed the names of the players he would probably sign but to be honest I’m just learning the names of all of the states 2024 players. They both said they haven’t heard this much positive Auburn talk among Alabama high school coaches in a long time. The elite talent the state has produced over the past few cycles makes cleaning up the state a big deal. They also listed all of the five star Alabama high school receivers over the past few years that haven’t signed with Bama. I was surprised to learn there were so many and that Bama had only signed a few of them. I know I’m old school but I still think getting the state’s top talent should be a priority.
At least one thing that I do not worry significantly about with CNS is his ability to recruit great players to Bama. Everyone should have expected Freeze to be a better recruiter than the last couple of clowns. Also, yellow fellow has a lot of cash so they are going to win some of these kids that are swayed mainly by the $$.

For Bama to worry significantly about the Barn, at least while CNS is coaching, would mean Freeze has built a CFP level program. Do yawl believe that will happen?

At least one thing that I do not worry significantly about with CNS is his ability to recruit great players to Bama. Everyone should have expected Freeze to be a better recruiter than the last couple of clowns. Also, yellow fellow has a lot of cash so they are going to win some of these kids that are swayed mainly by the $$.

For Bama to worry significantly about the Barn, at least while CNS is coaching, would mean Freeze has built a CFP level program. Do yawl believe that will happen?
He never did at Ole Miss when he bought players before it was legal. His defensive side of the ball lacked in performance at times. but, sustaining what he’s built will be the problem. The Barn only wants to beat Bama and that is all. They never been able to sustain or handle success for any period of time they get overinflated heads and believe they’re kings of the universe until the bubble gets busted. We’ll see what he does, he needs players right now, so he’ll win some battles but being able to keep them in check will be a problem.

If it makes you feel better, there's a good chance we take the top 3 players in the state. There's also some commits that Bama could potentially flip from Auburn, way too early to tell exactly how this class is going to shape up in terms of in state talent. There's gonna be some recruiting wars between the two, and I believe Saban will win a good deal of them.

This is reverting back to the beginning of the thread...... Yes, Freeze beat CNS twice back to back. The game at Tuscaloosa had some Auburn horse shoe up your ass king of luck in order for them to win that game. 5 Bama turnovers and not to forget the almost sack almost intercepted, bounce off the helmet TD pass. Looked like the second coming of Johnny Manziel on that play. Take out just one of those turnovers or we sack him/knock the ball down or intercept it, and Freeze has one good win against Bama. I know you create your own luck, blah blah blah, but they escaped that game by the skin of a gnat's whisker.

Having said all that, I think Auburn will get some players, etc. As stated earlier, yella fella got plenty of money, and I think Freeze is a good coach, but he ain't Nick Saban.

I know I've talked about how much I wish we would land Zayden Walker in this next class.... and I still do, but there's a guy I forgot to mention named AJ Rice, from Madison, Alabama. This guy is an extremely undervalued linebacker in this class. Very instinctual backer, love the way he uses his eyes to diagnose a play down and make plays. Love the way he plays the run, really good at using his hands to shed blockers and sift through traffic to make tackles at the line of scrimmage. And where he's at in this stage of his career.... he's already a pretty fundamentally sound linebacker. Doesn't really make a ton of those small mistakes like false stepping, or not shooting his hands inside the blocker correctly. That being said, he still needs to be developed up and become a more polished player. Extreme upside/potential. Whether or not we land Walker, Winters, Mikhail.... whoever. I want this guy in our class, take his ass away from Mississippi State. Also, I'm fairly certain that he's related to Monty Rice. From the same place, and have very similar builds in height/weight.... it be a big coincidence if they weren't.

Last edited:
Maybe photoshop? When he did not just go ahead and sign things did not seem right at least to me. Setup by the Barn after shovelling lots of cash? Grandstanding? This would be something they would do to make a splash to generate momentum. They got a little bit of that talk getting in the top 10 during the early signing day. It is old hat for Bama to recruit at an elite level but not the Barn so it would be major news and they would market the crap out of it - Took two big names from the GOAT.

View attachment 26675
From Auburn secrant…. TODAY
I'm pretty sure he visited Auburn on the 17th of December or at least he made a twitter comment with a video of him at an Auburn game, this picture could've been taken around that time and just released now or whatever. I'm not gonna get too high or too low on getting or losing a signing from an 18 year old kid. If the Barn wins the signing, they'll be pretty stacked at WR. Unfortunately, they won't have anyone to throw to them. All of them could be transferring by this time next year, ala A$M

Building a CFP level program...just got easier with a 12 team cfp format.

Long way from building a 4 team format....

12 team format...Bama would be 100% in all cfps....

And probably if cfps were in play when ns first came to bama...would have been in all but two......07 n 10

Back
Top Bottom