| RECRUIT Alabama commit (WR) Ryan Williams updates thread

I was told the Barn offered 16 mil for 4 years. And Bo Jackson give his dad a job at his company and a truck. So we’ll see what happens.
16 mil for 4 years is QB money to be honest IF they are throwing that kind of cash at all. If they are throwing that at a WR, then what were they throwing or promising to all of these QBs in the portal? You would think the first QB offered would've jumped! Instead, they lose Ashford to the portal and Freeze is now touting Thorne as the most experienced QB in the SEC. I have to call bullshit on those numbers, but the truck and job wouldn't surprise me one bit.

16 mil for 4 years is QB money to be honest IF they are throwing that kind of cash at all. If they are throwing that at a WR, then what were they throwing or promising to all of these QBs in the portal? You would think the first QB offered would've jumped! Instead, they lose Ashford to the portal and Freeze is now touting Thorne as the most experienced QB in the SEC. I have to call bullshit on those numbers, but the truck and job wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Wasn't going to bring it up because I don't ever want people here to feel they can't post what they hear, be it rumor or not... but auburn doesn't have that kind of money to throw at a player, much less a WR. They can still offer him more than Bama, but not to that degree. And besides the amount, the 4 year thing is a bit of a giveaway.

Wasn't going to bring it up because I don't ever want people here to feel they can't post what they hear, be it rumor or not... but auburn doesn't have that kind of money to throw at a player, much less a WR. They can still offer him more than Bama, but not to that degree. And besides the amount, the 4 year thing is a bit of a giveaway.
You're right! @kbama15 I hope you didn't take that personal. I definitely didn't mean it. Barners though! They are full of SHIT!!!

That's not sustainable. If you're giving money upfront then you're renting the players out for 1 to 2 years....

I don't disagree. Very few are going with UA's long game approach with this... and auburn may adjust, but they also need an influx of talent right now too, and to get some of those guys, they are going to have to get up off the wallet.

Like I said that was what I was told. But y’all are right Saban don’t recruit money hungry players. Nolan comes to mind. But he’s enjoying visits so hopefully he’ll see his worth at Bama and sign.

It did seem ridiculously high. But I know that tiger unlimited has signed with some big money company. Can’t remember the name. But I do know they have poured a lot of $$$ into it.

In the business world I have seen companies that are in bad shape financially do some desperate things to get money to show up on the books. Rebates. accelerated payments, advances etc.... Just get the revenue to show up on the books to influence the stock prices. Eventually it comes back to burn them, This is how I see these programs that are spending recklessly. Barn will sacrifice their first born to get a big time recruit from Bama. Make a marketing splash. I do not trust them period....

In the business world I have seen companies that are in bad shape financially do some desperate things to get money to show up on the books. Rebates. accelerated payments, advances etc.... Just get the revenue to show up on the books to influence the stock prices. Eventually it comes back to burn them, This is how I see these programs that are spending recklessly. Barn will sacrifice their first born to get a big time recruit from Bama. Make a marketing splash. I do not trust them period....
When your bar is to beat Bama, this is what you get. I still scratch my head on the Freeze hire. Trick pony that will be all offense with a defense thats swiss cheese.

When your bar is to beat Bama, this is what you get. I still scratch my head on the Freeze hire. Trick pony that will be all offense with a defense thats swiss cheese.

I swear I think I'm the only person around these parts that thinks Freeze is a really good coach... but I hope the rest of you (and there's a LOT of you) prove my ass undeniably wrong...

Back
Top Bottom