| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: Elite 2025 EDGE Justin Hill has Committed to Alabama

You asked for a name or two of some 5 star missed evaluations.
You’ve got to realize that there’s a personal issue with some of these guys and 24and7. If you agree or see any validity in any thing he says, they’ll pounce on you too. Yes bama has had some misses, and if anyone else would’ve brought it up…… They may have agreed with it…..

Sander’s- Next to him, you will see I wrote maybe he should get a medical pass.

I also said that it doesn’t matter where these kids went, they would have been considered busts. If these rankings are based on potential, they didn’t come close to scratching the surface of what they could have been. They were missed evaluations and probably would have been missed by anybody. I understand Bama hit on far more than their share, but it doesn’t change the fact that these guys can’t be labeled successes.

Sanders isn't considered a bust when an outside circumstance caused it. Non-football injury to no fault of his own. More like taken from him.

You’ve got to realize that there’s a personal issue with some of these guys and 24and7. If you agree or see any validity in any thing he says, they’ll pounce on you too. Yes bama has had some misses, and if anyone else would’ve brought it up…… They may have agreed with it…..
I think the staff and the GOAT put far too much pressure on themselves to win the yearly recruiting trophy..We got a lot of #1 or #2 classes.. We got some great superstars out of it.. but we also got some major disappointments out of it too.. but that’s just football I guess.. I think it is a plus though that they are building a great recruiting infrastructure now… and the coaches can be the closers..

I think the staff and the GOAT put far too much pressure on themselves to win the yearly recruiting trophy..We got a lot of #1 or #2 classes.. We got some great superstars out of it.. but we also got some major disappointments out of it too.. but that’s just football I guess.. I think it is a plus though that they are building a great recruiting infrastructure now… and the coaches can be the closers..
A man, who is just now starting to text, is paying attention to recruiting rankings. Okay.

Which one? ESPN? 247? Did Saban prefer On3 over Rivals?

I believe you are misreading this.

I see a case where shit is thrown at the wall and there's a hope some of it sticks. IE: the very first names listed as 5 star busts where only one was a 5 star.

I get the sentiment of the post. I also question where it is grounded.

It's about like putting seeds in the ground in the spring and immediately dreading "they won't grow." That's without considering "I need to water, and feed the plant."

The recruiting department is being built. And at the same time people are already questioning evaluations when they haven't seen any and can't point to a player under this staff that was a bust.

I'm not saying they don't happen. I am saying this is a lot like someone dreading divorce on their wedding night.

Like the stories I've heard of Coach Bryant, half the fight is keeping guys out of the hands of others. They can't beat you if they ain't playing against you.

A man, who is just now starting to text, is paying attention to recruiting rankings. Okay.

Which one? ESPN? 247? Did Saban prefer On3 over Rivals?
Maybe all of them.. He wanted to win at everything.. That is what winners do..He took it personal every time he didn’t finish with the best team..He recruited even harder, the next year.. The man loved pressure..I’ve always watched recruiting since I can remember..No one ever tried as hard as Saban did..
Saban just removed himself from all this pressure, on a whim.. So we should all be concerned about him and his mental health..I hope for his sake and his family’s sake, it was not to soon..Retirements are the most dangerous thing for some people..

Maybe all of them.. He wanted to win at everything.. That is what winners do..He took it personal every time he didn’t finish with the best team..He recruited even harder, the next year.. The man loved pressure..I’ve always watched recruiting since I can remember..No one ever tried as hard as Saban did..
Saban just removed himself from all this pressure, on a whim.. So we should all be concerned about him and his mental health..I hope for his sake and his family’s sake, it was not to soon..Retirements are the most dangerous thing for some people..
He did not pay attention to recruiting sites and rankings. He didn't pay attention to news articles. Literally, lived inside of a world where he ignored everything about that world UNLESS Jeff mentioned it.

This I know for a fact. The only time he was informed of news was when Jeff thought it was prudent to mention. A guy ranking a CB in Texas isn't going to cross his desk; or his mind.

You know this. It's been front and center for a decade and a half. And now you chose to offer up a theory of something we've seen didn't happen?

He did not pay attention to recruiting sites and rankings. He didn't pay attention to news articles. Literally, lived inside of a world where he ignored everything about that world UNLESS Jeff mentioned it.

This I know for a fact. The only time he was informed of news was when Jeff thought it was prudent to mention. A guy ranking a CB in Texas isn't going to cross his desk; or his mind.

You know this. It's been front and center for a decade and a half. And now you chose to offer up a theory of something we've seen didn't happen?
If you know.. you know..so he never checked up even a little bit..Why so serious?..Cmon man it’s a chat..
I saw a man that took something personal from David Pollack.. You could see a fire lit on Saban on the TV screen…It set the tone for a whole year of his coaching..

Cherry picking here, but are you saying Trey Sanders was a bust? Shit! The kid had a car accident that came close to having a leg amputated?
These ratings and evaluations that are put out there are just going on potential. How could any staff know that the Brockermeyer kid would have such an issue putting on weight?
As far as Anoma, Alfano and a couple of others , I’ll say this from the HS side of things when it comes to recruiting. Colleges ask questions about off the field behavior, grades, attitude, etc. The problem is, counselors/administrators likely can’t disclose any possible “mental health” issues by law. @alabama mike please correct me if I’m wrong. There are some instances where the HS staff just isn’t completely honest or “well, they didn’t ask that question so why should I tell them anything like that”.
You are 100% correct brother. Thee are things about students that I am not even allowed to tell faculty and staff in the building because it is against the law.

Last edited:
If you know.. you know..so he never checked up even a little bit..Why so serious?..Cmon man it’s a chat..
I saw a man that took something personal from David Pollack.. You could see a fire lit on Saban on the TV screen…It set the tone for a whole year of his coaching..

If Saban took his notes from Rivals or 24/7, he never would have won a Championship. Go look at how their rankings shake out after the fact.

Most of those guys are the most unathletic judges of talent and sit at a round table slamming fists as if they truly mean something to the development of these kids coming up. They consider themselves scouts, but they are far from it. Probably more of a detriment to kids than they are at helping them if we're being honest. Could you imagine being 14-17 years old and an overweight un-athletic sweating guy calling you and texting you all the time to get the up to date on you and your decision so he can be the first to crystal ball you or write a tweet about what he knows? While also trying to infiltrate your family for information about you. They're glorified paparazzi if you ask me. Once you commit, then POOF, you mean nothing to them anymore. I pay attention of course because I like to see who commits and such, but I'm like the growing number here that has moved away from it being something I enjoy anymore and it's more in passing and what I see come across on Instagram.

We're sitting around the bar, just chatting. I say, "hey man, the world is flat." Are you not going to say, "ya know...we know it's not?" Same principle applies.

Bringing Pollack into this conversation? Come on, man. He said that to his face. That wasn't some random ranking or press clipping.

I believe you are misreading this.

I see a case where shit is thrown at the wall and there's a hope some of it sticks. IE: the very first names listed as 5 star busts where only one was a 5 star.

I get the sentiment of the post. I also question where it is grounded.

It's about like putting seeds in the ground in the spring and immediately dreading "they won't grow." That's without considering "I need to water, and feed the plant."

The recruiting department is being built. And at the same time people are already questioning evaluations when they haven't seen any and can't point to a player under this staff that was a bust.

I'm not saying they don't happen. I am saying this is a lot like someone dreading divorce on their wedding night.
I agree with you 100%. The point I was pointing to, is that there has been misses. Not many, but some. These guys saying there haven’t been misses are just thick headed.

We're sitting around the bar, just chatting. I say, "hey man, the world is flat." Are you not going to say, "ya know...we know it's not?" Same principle applies.

Bringing Pollack into this conversation? Come on, man. He said that to his face. That wasn't some random ranking or press clipping.
Not arguing here… I take it you know Saban on a personal level..Saban has never had the complete honor and pleasure of knowing me..😉😂.. I am a victim of 17 years of media, talking heads and other rags telling me “who” Saban is..They say he is a perfectionist, vengeful, strictly business, and will do what ever it takes to win..They tell all (that wil listen) losing at anything will light fires in him until he avenges his loses or shortcomings..I don’t hate those qualities at all!..

So you set the record straight.. Not a bad thing..I’m not hating..

I agree with you 100%. The point I was pointing to, is that there has been misses. Not many, but some. These guys saying there haven’t been misses are just thick headed.
At the same time he has a point. Back in '08 Scott was ranked as a 5 star in a few places. That ranking was justified based on his high school performances.

He then entered "this stage," and found himself a "tweener." It never was about his ability. The way the game was being played at that stage...he didn't have a "fit" in the offense.

I hate people pointing to Tyler Love who was never healthy.

Not arguing here… I take it you know Saban on a personal level..Saban has never had the complete honor and pleasure of knowing me.
I know someone who has a meal with Saban and his wife almost weekly. That has nothing to do with what I said.

I thought this was a well known thing.

Well tell him I would like an autograph for my son.
It is a she, her name is Terri...and she's in business with Terri...and ... weird, eh?

There are family members within the athletic department...not going to ask for anything.

I'd love a RFMT...you still have the logo of the fishing hook/script A?

Back
Top Bottom