| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: Elite 2025 EDGE Justin Hill has Committed to Alabama

There is a lot of people that just didn’t have the attitude or work ethic we needed on this team.. they not only couldn’t play to our standards but other teams as well..A lot of those people were used to being handed everything..Maybe 4 and 3 stars would develop better..

That's anyone though. When you look at Five Stars across the board you see an extremely high failure rate. Five star ratings mean they will be a first round draft pick in most rankings, so we all know that is most definitely not the case, so it happens in the industry, not just at Alabama.

That's anyone though. When you look at Five Stars across the board you see an extremely high failure rate. Five star ratings mean they will be a first round draft pick in most rankings, so we all know that is most definitely not the case, so it happens in the industry, not just at Alabama.
We will see how this goes since we have a robust recruiting staff..less pressure and burn out on field coaches..more contact and evals with players..

Well Agyie Hall, Duron Carter, Eddie Black and Jamil Burroughs for some..a lot just didn’t develop..
Hall: 4 star on ESPN and 247.
Carter was a three star on Rivals; not ranked on ESPN or 247.
And again, Burroughs was not a five star player as well.
I meant Eddie Williams.. E. Black is a friend of mine.. oops..😅
I was about to say, "who the hell is Eddie Black?!?!"

Williams was a five star ranked player. In his time at Bama, he was doing well on the field.

So, you got one of four right...and then got that one skewed.

Brockermeyer
Brooks
Tim Smith
Kennedy (iffy on 5 star status)
Alfano
Trey Sanders( maybe a medical pass)
Scooby Carter
Anoma
Kaho
Not a good list.

Brockermeyer struggled to gain weight.
Brooks he lasted long but had injuries and didn't seem be consistent
Tim Smith I'm not sure if I would include him
Kennedy maybe
Alfano was a basket case
Sander... Injuries
Carter immature
Anoma look at schools he has attended and left. We didn't miss on him

Kaho basket case.

Not a good list.

Kennedy maybe
Alfano was a basket case
Sander... Injuries
Carter immature

Kaho basket case.
I think that’s what they’re talking about. They where all misses, whether it’s size, weight, mental gymnastics, or anything else. They were misses. On the other hand BAMA has had many, many more HITS than misses under Saban…. As a matter of fact, I think BAMA has had more HITS than any other programs over that period of time….
So I can see both sides of this conversation..

Last edited:
I think that’s what they’re talking about. They were all misses, whether it’s size, weight, mental gymnastics, or anything else. They were misses. On the other hand BAMA has had many, many more HITS than misses under Saban…. As a matter of fact, I think BAMA has had more HITS than any other programs over that period of time….
So I can see both sides of this conversation..
Bama had more miss? You make the statement because we follow Alabama. What about Georgia? Ohio State? USC? Oregon? We don't hear about who left the program and etc.

As a matter of fact, I think BAMA has had more HITS than any other programs over that period of time….
When it comes to the NFL, several years that was a better rate than combined teams.

Is it fair to wonder if the evaluation skills of a new coach? Hell yes.

Is there a reason to question the eval skills of the staff being put together? I've yet to see one mentioned.

@24and7 Question.

The two teams that were in the title game this year had rosters built by Courtney Morgan. Where did he miss on an eval?

It's my opinion that some of you guys need to sit back and watch. The infrastructure of the recruiting department is changing. I'm about to stop saying this and let you guys just freak out.

They are creating three different departments, overseen by one, guy. A GM.

I hope we can talk football soon. Wommack's defense...watched that for a bit.

The two teams that were in the title game this year had rosters built by Courtney Morgan. Where did he miss on an eval?

It's my opinion that some of you guys need to sit back and watch. The infrastructure of the recruiting department is changing. I'm about to stop saying this and let you guys just freak out.

They are creating three different departments, overseen by one, guy. A GM.

I hope we can talk football soon. Wommack's defense...watched that for a bit.
Had not had a chance quite yet. What's your initial takeaway???

Not a good list.

Kennedy maybe
Alfano was a basket case
Sander... Injuries
Carter immature

Kaho basket case.
Haha you’re killing me. You asked for 5 star busts, get a list of them, and then make an excuse for all of them. Doesn’t matter what school they went to, these are busts.

Haha you’re killing me. You asked for 5 star busts, get a list of them, and then make an excuse for all of them. Doesn’t matter what school they went to, these are busts.
Cherry picking here, but are you saying Trey Sanders was a bust? Shit! The kid had a car accident that came close to having a leg amputated?
These ratings and evaluations that are put out there are just going on potential. How could any staff know that the Brockermeyer kid would have such an issue putting on weight?
As far as Anoma, Alfano and a couple of others , I’ll say this from the HS side of things when it comes to recruiting. Colleges ask questions about off the field behavior, grades, attitude, etc. The problem is, counselors/administrators likely can’t disclose any possible “mental health” issues by law. @alabama mike please correct me if I’m wrong. There are some instances where the HS staff just isn’t completely honest or “well, they didn’t ask that question so why should I tell them anything like that”.

Cherry picking here, but are you saying Trey Sanders was a bust? Shit! The kid had a car accident that came close to having a leg amputated?
These ratings and evaluations that are put out there are just going on potential. How could any staff know that the Brockermeyer kid would have such an issue putting on weight?
As far as Anoma, Alfano and a couple of others , I’ll say this from the HS side of things when it comes to recruiting. Colleges ask questions about off the field behavior, grades, attitude, etc. The problem is, counselors/administrators likely can’t disclose any possible “mental health” issues by law. @alabama mike please correct me if I’m wrong. There are some instances where the HS staff just isn’t completely honest or “well, they didn’t ask that question so why should I tell them anything like that”.
Sander’s- Next to him, you will see I wrote maybe he should get a medical pass.

I also said that it doesn’t matter where these kids went, they would have been considered busts. If these rankings are based on potential, they didn’t come close to scratching the surface of what they could have been. They were missed evaluations and probably would have been missed by anybody. I understand Bama hit on far more than their share, but it doesn’t change the fact that these guys can’t be labeled successes.

Back
Top Bottom