| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: Elite 2025 EDGE Justin Hill has Committed to Alabama

It's better today than it has been in A LOT of Saban's years at this time.

I haven't looked at 247's composite...I'm guessing Micah's commitment pushed Bama to #2. The number of 5 stars currently committed to OSU will keep them at #1 until rankings are updated.
I agree with this, but our comfort with Saban was his legendary finishes. That being said, I'm still impressed with where we are.

Screenshot (75).png

FYI Wiltfong dropped this in BoL behind the paywall area.

He's way behind on the Cunningham prediction, Was going to laugh about it with @TerryP because he literally predicted it after Cunningham's tweets earlier so not much of a limb to go out on there buddy.

However, intel from my end also suggests Lockett is still very much in play for us. Not sure where Meadows stands since I have been fairly busy with helping my wife's parents move around and hosting a party at our house for our friends.

Kinda like I said with Cunningham....I like our chances with Lockett and 2 5-star legit guys will be very nice to have.

But looking at whole picture.
The whole picture is a top 2 class at present … AFTER losing the sport’s most prolific recruiter and best coach of all time. Yes, maybe they all don’t stay for 3-4 years, but that’s nothing you can’t also say about every other school’s commits. There’s absolutely nothing to be down about right now. You leave the Debbie Downer and Negative Nacy roles to me, dammit! 😜

So, after today. There's a high chance we land Ty Haywood, Dijon Lee, Caleb Cuningham, Kaliq Lockett, and others guys like Ty Jackson, Derek Meadows, and many more.

giphy.gif

The whole picture is a top 2 class at present … AFTER losing the sport’s most prolific recruiter and best coach of all time. Yes, maybe they all don’t stay for 3-4 years, but that’s nothing you can’t also say about every other school’s commits. There’s absolutely nothing to be down about right now. You leave the Debbie Downer and Negative Nacy roles to me, dammit! 😜

O goodness.....

But ur right every other program facing same.

Sometimes ....reality is a bitch...

Very impressed. To not have that southern/Alabama background...
This has never made any sense to me. I'll repeat; when have you seen a guy come out of that area of the country (Dakota's) and hasn't been able to relate to everyone?

Consider this. Take Lanning, a guy from the south, and put him in Oregon and no one is wondering if he'll be able to recruit. But, take a guy from the upper Midwestern plains, put him in the south, and he will struggle?

I can't find the logic.

This has never made any sense to me. I'll repeat; when have you seen a guy come out of that area of the country (Dakota's) and hasn't been able to relate to everyone?

Consider this. Take Lanning, a guy from the south, and put him in Oregon and no one is wondering if he'll be able to recruit. But, take a guy from the upper Midwestern plains, put him in the south, and he will struggle?

I can't find the logic.

I think it ties more to guys like Brian Kelly trying to fake a Southern accent to fit in. It's tough for a Yankee to come to the South and relate if they aren't cultured or truly educated. Think no different than Hillary Clinton saying she walks around with a bottle of hot sauce in her purse to a group of black voters. Pandering, of course, but shows lack of awareness and intellect. Had a co-worker from Nevada tell me she dated a guy from Georgia at one point and came to visit and his momma drove her around and she saw a lot of farms and my co-worker, who is black, called them plantations and said how backwards we were for those "plantations" still being in use. We're talking corn, cotton, and peanuts where machines do most of the work and row crop farms, but more than anything just showed how out of touch she was to the South and holding it to a standard she read about. People like that will struggle. Not saying DeBoer is that by any means, just stating I can see where some would/will struggle not being from here. Although money is the one thing that overrides it all anymore.

I can't find the logic.
Well. There is logic.
One...not knowing territory...
Two...not knowing high school coaches
Three...not know "southern"

Now ur right..upper midwest..or midwest..or rural west....
they relate... but who is being recruited...
Not a bunch of boys from oxford...fairhope...5 points... like Bear recruited

Recruiting now is national.... and it appears that is a strong point of Coach D. And staff
Identify. Contact. Sell. Bama has the national appeal

Its great. He has impressed me. Ready for season and see how his team performs. Which i fully believe will be as impressive.

I think it ties more to guys like Brian Kelly trying to fake a Southern accent to fit in. It's tough for a Yankee to come to the South and relate if they aren't cultured or truly educated.
I get the gist of what you are saying. The comparison from a guy who grew up in MA to a guy who grew up in the Dakota's?

Not saying DeBoer is that by any means, just stating I can see where some would/will struggle not being from here.
Which brings me back to my original point.

Let's take a different highway for a minute. When have you seen a coach who grew up in the Iowa area that didn't relate to everyone?

The examples you've pointed to are people who are trying to relate. What I'm saying is guys who grew up in that region relate, by nature.

I get the gist of what you are saying. The comparison from a guy who grew up in MA to a guy who grew up in the Dakota's?

Which brings me back to my original point.

Let's take a different highway for a minute. When have you seen a coach who grew up in the Iowa area that didn't relate to everyone?

The examples you've pointed to are people who are trying to relate. What I'm saying is guys who grew up in that region relate, by nature.

Yeah, I consider the Dakota's more like the South than I would say New York or Massachusetts like you stated.

I'm excited about DeBoer and it's fun to watch the clips you and others have posted that show his excitement at these events.

I'm excited about DeBoer and it's fun to watch the clips you and others have posted that show his excitement at these events.
"This is a dramatic shift in the football program, and the attitude in the building."

I don't mean this as "I told you so." Although, the things I've pointed to and said, "watch?" Social media and how they were going to use the medium.

There are so MANY things that have been misread, including by Bama fans, about the staff. Hell, I read earlier where Auburn fans were saying "Saban is still recruiting, it's not DeBoer."

I literally had a text from an LSU fan yesterday that said, "they weren't worried about Bama stealing recruits from their #1 class." And the commit's coming in the next few weeks? Phuck.

"This is a dramatic shift in the football program, and the attitude in the building."

I don't mean this as "I told you so." Although, the things I've pointed to and said, "watch?" Social media and how they were going to use the medium.

There are so MANY things that have been misread, including by Bama fans, about the staff. Hell, I read earlier where Auburn fans were saying "Saban is still recruiting, it's not DeBoer."

I literally had a text from an LSU fan yesterday that said, "they weren't worried about Bama stealing recruits from their #1 class." And the commit's coming in the next few weeks? Phuck.

Happy to hear that. A lot of Georgia fans felt it would be a cake walk with Saban gone and I've had to tell them "just wait and see" and not to count their chickens. I told them Byrne made a Nate Oats type hire, and that we're already seeing it with recruiting. Now their focus is "well he hasn't even coached a game yet", and I just said "Come And Take It".

View attachment 28060

FYI Wiltfong dropped this in BoL behind the paywall area.

He's way behind on the Cunningham prediction, Was going to laugh about it with @TerryP because he literally predicted it after Cunningham's tweets earlier so not much of a limb to go out on there buddy.

However, intel from my end also suggests Lockett is still very much in play for us. Not sure where Meadows stands since I have been fairly busy with helping my wife's parents move around and hosting a party at our house for our friends.

Kinda like I said with Cunningham....I like our chances with Lockett and 2 5-star legit guys will be very nice to have.
Good stuff, thanks.

You know @bamafan9201 , no offense, but sometimes I can't help but think you're from California. When I'm not paying attention, all I see is "90210".

Back
Top Bottom