| FTBL A question for the HARDCORE...

Chuck-E-Cheeze

Verified Member
Do you hardcore fans feel more enjoyment from the fact that BAMA seems to have turned the corner and is well on it's way to the top, or are you more satisfied with the fact that our 2 biggest rivals are falling apart at the seams? Most would say both, but if you had to pick one, which would it be?

UT and the Barn are both imploding and I for one have been visiting their sites more than ours just to witness their absolute misery. I admit, I'm addicted. If BAMA had one loss and was ranked 15th, I would still be happy.

I guess I'd have to choose BAMA on top, but I couldn't blame anyone who enjoys our rivals' misery more! And just in case you guys haven't been over to visit our friends, let me link you to some heartwarming reading:http://www.huskerjournal.com/southeast.html

Alabama all the way. After reading a few things on both Auburn and Tennessee it kind of loses its luster. Part of that is not having played them yet. If we beat them both I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of it. Just keep winning Bama! :)

I post mainly on a Tenn board........Its become very dull cause they all want Fulmer out...no banter to speak its just "yeah we are terrible" Who we gonna get to replace Fulmer speak

It has to be the fact that we're winning in the right way. I wouldn't say we turned the corner just yet, no matter how bad our rivals look...I still have to wait out until November. So I'll take the watching us win option.

I have to speak from the heart on the performance of our team so far this season. Not sure if this is the thread to do a small rant on, but it's sparked some inspiration. I grew up in a era of Alabama football where fans have witnessed the worse times in Alabama's storied history. I've stuck through it all and haven't gave up hope, even in the biggest moments of devastation. The feeling I get discussing Alabama Football now is almost surreal in a sense. Speaking with older Alabama fans I've come to realize this is what it must feel like to be a true Alabama fan of old. Now that I've 'tasted' it, I can tell you I want the whole thing. Whether not the season ends like we want it, I'm enjoying this football season more then any I've ever witnessed.

When Saban gets this program where it needs to be (playing for championships every yr), those "rivals" will become less and less relevant. I believe that the dominance over UT has already begun, and once that happens with AU, our "utter disdain" for them will become, once again, just good 'ole fashion hate.

Having said that, I am enjoying watching the ships sink. But by far my focus is our own resurgence.

HiTide said:
When Saban gets this program where it needs to be (playing for championships every yr), those "rivals" will become less and less relevant. I believe that the dominance over UT has already begun, and once that happens with AU, our "utter disdain" for them will become, once again, just good 'ole fashion hate.

Having said that, I am enjoying watching the ships sink. But by far my focus is our own resurgence.

Well said!

Yeah i agree, it's nice to see the other teams experience what we went through while we are having a great season so far. They never hesitated to kick us while we where down so im going sit back and enjoy their problems while i watch the tide roll.

Diehard BAMA fan all the way. Enjoying our success and watching "the process" unfold has been an enjoyable thing to witness. That being said, our rivals falling apart is more so of just icing on the cake for me.

Would you want to be the big bully in the neighborhood who picks on the sick little kids or the neighborhood bully who picks on the other bullies?

I want the other teams in the SEC to be competitive when we play them - as long as we are the big bully. :D

HiTide said:

Yeah, put me down for one of those too. Well said - it's like you read my mind. :D

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Do you hardcore fans feel more enjoyment from the fact that BAMA seems to have turned the corner and is well on it's way to the top, or are you more satisfied with the fact that our 2 biggest rivals are falling apart at the seams? Most would say both, but if you had to pick one, which would it be?

UT and the Barn are both imploding and I for one have been visiting their sites more than ours just to witness their absolute misery. I admit, I'm addicted. If BAMA had one loss and was ranked 15th, I would still be happy.

I guess I'd have to choose BAMA on top, but I couldn't blame anyone who enjoys our rivals' misery more! And just in case you guys haven't been over to visit our friends, let me link you to some heartwarming reading:http://www.huskerjournal.com/southeast.html

I don't care one way or the other what happens to Tennessee. As for auburn, I enjoy seeing them lose in every sport they compete in, but I spend absolutely no time worrying with them or concerning myself with them. All energy I spend on auburn, is spent making fun of them. Alabama is the team I root for, the team I follow, and the only team I care to really talk about. I'm thrilled with how things are going in Tuscaloosa right now, and I don't give rat's arse what is going on in auburn or Knoxville. Those guys were an afterthought on their best days.

BamaHeat said:
Would you want to be the big bully in the neighborhood who picks on the sick little kids or the neighborhood bully who picks on the other bullies?

I want the other teams in the SEC to be competitive when we play them - as long as we are the big bully. :D

I see what you are saying, but it wouldn't bother me a bit to see our rivals reduced to the likes of Rice or UTEP. Serves 'em right!

Good topic, Chuck-E-Cheeze. For me, there is a sublime satisfaction to see so many smug, antagonistic, pompous, evil fans of our rival's suffering.

Especially the AUneck fanbase. They are not normal in the way that most football fans are normal. Their football lives revolve 24/7 around Alabama as much as it does AUneck U. It is a type of disease that they have developed over the years.

They have intentionally attempted to harm the Crimson Tide program over the years and have absolutely reveled and cried tears of pure enjoyment over our troubles with the NCAA and on the field.

They have proactively and purposely started malicious rumors out of pure and unadulterated hatred. They have foisted and promoted harmful statements about our players, team, coaches, etc... and have made many calls to the NCAA.

They have haunted, stalked, tracked, and harassed anyone associated, even in a secondary way, with the U of A.

One example would be the criminal organization of tracking parties they arranged over on the AUneck Scout board concerning the Hoover schoolteacher who they imagined was helping Hoover players cheat their way into 'Bama.

Pictures of this teacher's children, her license plate, her home phone # and address were placed on their board by several of the fans assigned to stalk her and her children.

And, honestly, this is only one small example of the craven hatred that drives them to dangerous lengths.

Yes, I wish them the most turmoil and strife as possible, just as they have done us. I enjoy it immensely and hope it never ends.

Do I allow it to overcome me and not allow me to enjoy Alabama football as they allow it to overcome them. No way. If Auburn were to go on a 50 game winning streak starting this Saturday, it would be unfortunate, but it would not ruin my enjoyment of Alabama.

Alabama will always matter more and be much more important, but I have no qualms with the happiness I feel over their current implosion.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:

I do not mind seeing The Barn or UT fall as long as it is to another SEC team, and the same goes for all the other programs in the SEC. I don't like the Idea that schools like Ms.ST. and the Razorbacks to weaken the SEC by loosing to outside competitors. It is great to have our in house Rivalries but remember We are still all Representatives of the strength of the SEC. In short don't kickem when there down unless they are playing "THE TIDE", then all is fair in Love and War.

Porter said:
Chuck-E-Cheeze said:

I don't care one way or the other what happens to Tennessee. As for auburn, I enjoy seeing them lose in every sport they compete in, but I spend absolutely no time worrying with them or concerning myself with them. All energy I spend on auburn, is spent making fun of them. Alabama is the team I root for, the team I follow, and the only team I care to really talk about. I'm thrilled with how things are going in Tuscaloosa right now, and I don't give rat's arse what is going on in auburn or Knoxville. Those guys were an afterthought on their best days.

Porter, I believe you will be in the minority. Enjoying the misery of someone that you hate is a CFB tradition. Very interesting train of thought, however.

HiTide said:

That's well said i agree, but i like to watch our rival's die a long slow death kinda like a rat in a rat trap.

BamaHeat said:

I wanna be the bully that everybody hates. I wanna be the bigest badest nightmare they ever thought about and i wanna come back for more.

Back
Top Bottom