| FTBL A question for the HARDCORE...

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Porter said:
Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Do you hardcore fans feel more enjoyment from the fact that BAMA seems to have turned the corner and is well on it's way to the top, or are you more satisfied with the fact that our 2 biggest rivals are falling apart at the seams? Most would say both, but if you had to pick one, which would it be?

UT and the Barn are both imploding and I for one have been visiting their sites more than ours just to witness their absolute misery. I admit, I'm addicted. If BAMA had one loss and was ranked 15th, I would still be happy.

I guess I'd have to choose BAMA on top, but I couldn't blame anyone who enjoys our rivals' misery more! And just in case you guys haven't been over to visit our friends, let me link you to some heartwarming reading:http://www.huskerjournal.com/southeast.html

I don't care one way or the other what happens to Tennessee. As for auburn, I enjoy seeing them lose in every sport they compete in, but I spend absolutely no time worrying with them or concerning myself with them. All energy I spend on auburn, is spent making fun of them. Alabama is the team I root for, the team I follow, and the only team I care to really talk about. I'm thrilled with how things are going in Tuscaloosa right now, and I don't give rat's arse what is going on in auburn or Knoxville. Those guys were an afterthought on their best days.

Porter, I believe you will be in the minority. Enjoying the misery of someone that you hate is a CFB tradition. Very interesting train of thought, however.

I'm with Porter here...and, taking it one step further it bothers me to see a lot of threads on Bama forums about what happens at our rivals schools.

That said...

I still have to stand by the fact of having some respect for UT. Fulmer? Different story.

There are some good things that come from rivals schools. Sadly, they have been very hard to find in the last few years.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Altie, thanks for reminding me of why I hate them the way I do. And you only hit on a couple of the dastardly things they've done to us.

No problem, Chuckie. And yes, that is just one of many, many twisted things they have done.

TerryP said:
I'm with Porter here...and, taking it one step further it bothers me to see a lot of threads on Bama forums about what happens at our rivals schools.

That said...

I still have to stand by the fact of having some respect for UT. Fulmer? Different story.

There are some good things that come from rivals schools. Sadly, they have been very hard to find in the last few years.

Terry, currently at AUneck U., there is upheaval occurring and I don't see it as anything unusual for rival fans to be discussing it.

Now, if the board became a non-stop AUneck discussion forum as their boards are about Alabama, that would be kind of pitiful.

But, come on, current events of a magnitude such as are occurring down there warrant a little bit of word of mouth on this board don't they?

Alabama fans shouldn't be obsessed. But, they shouldn't really bury their heads in the sand and not utter a cross word out of some bizarre notion of being honorable or classy to fans who routinely stab you in the back, should they?

CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

That said...

Terry, currently at AUneck U., there is upheaval occurring and I don't see it as anything unusual for rival fans to be discussing it.

Now, if the board became a non-stop AUneck discussion forum as their boards are about Alabama, that would be kind of pitiful.

But, come on, current events of a magnitude such as are occurring down there warrant a little bit of word of mouth on this board don't they?

Alabama fans shouldn't be obsessed. But, they shouldn't really burn their heads in the sand and not utter a cross word out of some bizarre notion of being honorable or classy to fans who routinely stab you in the back, should they?

It's been kept to a minimum here Altie but that is because the mods have done a good job of moving a lot of the smack kind of threads over to the fark zone.

I started hearing about these problems down there before spring ball...so, in a sense, it's old news.

Now, the events over the past week (the firing and the loss to Arkansas and Vandy) are definitely worthy topics. But, one thread suffices for me. ;)

Again, like Porter, I may be in the minority there.

TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

That said...

Alabama fans shouldn't be obsessed. But, they shouldn't really burn their heads in the sand and not utter a cross word out of some bizarre notion of being honorable or classy to fans who routinely stab you in the back, should they?

It's been kept to a minimum here Altie but that is because the mods have done a good job of moving a lot of the smack kind of threads over to the fark zone.

I started hearing about these problems down there before spring ball...so, in a sense, it's old news.

Now, the events over the past week (the firing and the loss to Arkansas and Vandy) are definitely worthy topics. But, one thread suffices for me. ;)

Well Terry, I wish you would have shared your findings. As we went into the season, I knew UT would be down, but I really believed that AU would be decent.

Being here in Houston its the LSU fans (Katrina refugees) that I'm sick of. So watching them lose by 30 was great. However after saying that I do wish we would have been the ones to give them the beating.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Porter said:
Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Do you hardcore fans feel more enjoyment from the fact that BAMA seems to have turned the corner and is well on it's way to the top, or are you more satisfied with the fact that our 2 biggest rivals are falling apart at the seams? Most would say both, but if you had to pick one, which would it be?

UT and the Barn are both imploding and I for one have been visiting their sites more than ours just to witness their absolute misery. I admit, I'm addicted. If BAMA had one loss and was ranked 15th, I would still be happy.

I guess I'd have to choose BAMA on top, but I couldn't blame anyone who enjoys our rivals' misery more! And just in case you guys haven't been over to visit our friends, let me link you to some heartwarming reading:http://www.huskerjournal.com/southeast.html

I don't care one way or the other what happens to Tennessee. As for auburn, I enjoy seeing them lose in every sport they compete in, but I spend absolutely no time worrying with them or concerning myself with them. All energy I spend on auburn, is spent making fun of them. Alabama is the team I root for, the team I follow, and the only team I care to really talk about. I'm thrilled with how things are going in Tuscaloosa right now, and I don't give rat's arse what is going on in auburn or Knoxville. Those guys were an afterthought on their best days.

Porter, I believe you will be in the minority. Enjoying the misery of someone that you hate is a CFB tradition. Very interesting train of thought, however.

Don't get me wrong... seeing their house of cards fall down brings a smile to my face, but in no way does it compare to the joy I have for our team's success. When things are going well at UA, and things are as they are supposed to be in the college football world, UA will be king of the mountain, and auburn will be the pack mule near the bottom. That is just the natural order of things. I don't get too excited or wound up about it... it is what it is.

Im just glad bama is winning. I dont care if the other guys r winning or not cause when we beat them it will take care of that.

TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
TerryP said:

That said...

Right there with you. Guess I join the minority as well. While I do enjoy watching most Aubrun fans squirm, I have a few that are good friends and actual decent football fans...so I hate watching them suffer. I usually concentrate on what Bama is doing and less on what happens with Aubrun. Beat them at the end of the season and it helps ease the pain of the past 7 years or so. Think I detest Tubby more than the actual school.

Kc said:
TerryP said:

Right there with you. Guess I join the minority as well. While I do enjoy watching most Aubrun fans squirm, I have a few that are good friends and actual decent football fans...so I hate watching them suffer. I usually concentrate on what Bama is doing and less on what happens with Aubrun. Beat them at the end of the season and it helps ease the pain of the past 7 years or so. Think I detest Tubby more than the actual school.

Well add me too. I only care about what Alabama is doing, whether I like a rival losing or not. I'll even carry it further to posting on forums. A Bama forum is for discussion of Bama football and Bama related sports. That's why I take my rival talk to the SEC boards, because that's where it belongs.

i love watching tn and auburn lose. but i love the fact that bama is starting to become a dominant team again. but we shouldn't start bragging just yet. Cause our house of cards could start to fall again if we get to full of ourselves.

I like it when the viles and barners are good, but we are better. That being said, after enduring several boatloads of crap from viles and barners when there was turmoil in our football program, there is definitely a side of me that is enjoying their discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom