| FTBL A defensive line of...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I

imported_Porter

Brandon Deadrick - Josh Chapman - Zo Washginton

-or-

Brandon Deadrick - Zo Washginton - Alfred McCullough

...will give some opposing offensive lines a headache. It has been a LONG time since I've been this excited about the 3 deep along the defensive front.

Porter said:

-or-

...will give some opposing offensive lines a headache. It has been a LONG time since I've been this excited about the 3 deep along the defensive front.

Don't forget about CODY. RTR

Bama Bard said:
Porter said:

-or-

I'm not, that's why I said 3 deep. :D

Hopefully the LB position/play will gel soon. If that happens, then we will see the true potential of the DL. If not, we'll be hearing about the lack of sacks from the DL come October.

Porter said:

-or-

It's been WAY too long since we have been able to say that.

I'd Like to see:

DT-Dareus, McCullough, Square
NG-Cody, Chapman, Washington
DE-Deaderick, Greenwood, Davis

or

DT-Deaderick, Greenwood, Davis
NG-Chapman, Cody, Washington
DE-Dareus, McCullough, Square

Just for fun, I would like to see this 2-deep on the OL:

LT-Smith, Mike Johnson
LG-Caldwell, B. Jones
C-Cardwell, Vlachos
RG-M. Davis, Pharr
RT-Love, D. Davis

Porter said:
Bama Bard said:
Porter said:

-or-

I'm not, that's why I said 3 deep. :D

LOL

Porter said:

-or-

I we have Chapman, Washington, and Mt. Cody at Nose; and Washington, and McCullough on the right; and Deadrick alone on left; that's not great.

As shown, Deadrick has no fresh legs rotating him out and Zo is just bouncing between Nose and right.

What's the fix?

LBS said:
Porter said:

-or-

I we have Chapman, Washington, and Mt. Cody at Nose; and Washington, and McCullough on the right; and Deadrick alone on left; that's not great.

As shown, Deadrick has no fresh legs rotating him out and Zo is just bouncing between Nose and right.

What's the fix?

I'm just talking about the optimal lineup. Guys like Marcel Dareus, Luther Davis, Bobby Greenwood, and Terrence Cody will add some good depth. Dareus is a monster who will play more and more as the season wears on.

I really hope the DL puts some pressure on the opposing QB this year. I want to see a scrambling QB for once, besides winning...there is not a better feeling then a sack. Maybe a INT too...or a fumble recovery late in the game...

Tider27 said:
I really hope the DL puts some pressure on the opposing QB this year. I want to see a scrambling QB for once, besides winning...there is not a better feeling then a sack. Maybe a INT too...or a fumble recovery late in the game...

I hear you!!! We got more sacks last year and even got a safety on Houston, but most of them came from Gilberry. Rashad and Kareem were interception artists, but I wanted to see a few "Pick 6's." The closest we came to that was one of Knight's interceptions in the LSU game and I don't think we scored a TD off of that one. That's another thing we need more of--Red Zone TDs.

Porter said:
LBS said:
Porter said:

-or-

What's the fix?

I'm just talking about the optimal lineup. Guys like Marcel Dareus, Luther Davis, Bobby Greenwood, and Terrence Cody will add some good depth. Dareus is a monster who will play more and more as the season wears on.

I have seen you state how good Dareus is several times. Where have you seen this and can you explain how please? I just would like to know.

Back
Top Bottom