| FTBL 2023-24 COACHING CAROUSEL UPDATE

Teams
OUT
In
ANALYSIS
TAMU
Jimbo Fisher
Mike Elko
Fisher was fired after posting a 45-25 record in six seasons with the Aggies. He's owed over $77 million to be paid out through 2021.
Michigan St.
Mel Tucker (cause)
Jonathan Smith
Tucker was fired in September amid allegations of sexual harassment. He was 20-14 in four seasons with the Spartans.
Miss State
Zach Arnett
Jeff Lebby
Arnett was fired after posting a 5-6 record with the Bulldogs in his first full season after taking over for the late Mike Leach.
Northwestern
Pat Fitzgerald (cause)
David Braun
Fitzgerald was dismissed after an investigation revealed a culture of hazing within the program. He was 110-101 in 17 seasons leading the Wildcats.
Boise
Andy Avalos
Avalos was let go after 10 games in the 2023 season. He was 22-14 in three seasons leading the Broncos.
SDSU
Brady Hoke (retired)
Sean Lewis
Hoke was 39-30 in two stints with Aztecs (2009-10, 2020-23). He was 104-90 overall as a head coach with stops at Ball State (2003-08), Michigan (2011-14) and as an interim coach at Tennessee (2017).
Syracuse
Dino Barber
Fran Brown
Babers, 62, has been at Syracuse for eight seasons, posting an overall record of 41-55 with two bowl appearances.
New Mexico
Danny Gonzales
Fired
Indiana
Tom Allen
Curt Cignetti
Fired
Duke
Mike Elko
Elko hired at TAMU
UL Monroe
Terry Bowden
Fired, just like his Dad
Houston
Dana Holgorsen
MTSU
Rick Stockstill
UC Davis
Dan Hawkins
Oregon St
Jonathan Smith
Trey Bray
Indiana
Curt Cignetti

Last edited:
Said a couple or 3 weeks back that the Raiders had the lead for Harbaugh... that is obviously no longer the case, but it was at the time. Harbaugh's agent is tight with both Tom Brady and Mark Davis. That matters because Brady is an advisor for sorts to Davis, and Brady is very high on Harbaugh (both UM guys obviously). Brady is likely going to get minority ownership in the Raiders soon, so both he and Harbaugh's agent were pushing Harbaugh there. One hangup was the control that Harbaugh wanted... he had already stated that as coach, he planned to draft McCarthy in round 1 for example. Word is, Davis didn't want to pay that much and give him complete control. So... the Chargers became the frontrunner. They have the roster that Harbaugh likes the best and they've indicated that they will give him control and pay him the huge salary demand. If the deal falls through, Atlanta is still in play... Harbaugh is a fan of owner Arthur Blank for starters. And Blank will pay him. The door isn't completely closed on UM, but him remaining in Ann Arbor would mean that he didn't get the money and/or control he was seeking in the NFL. He's going to get paid either way though... Word remains, Sherrone Moore is who Harbaugh wants to replace him. Unless UM pulls a fast one, that seems to be a very safe bet.

That’s right, and don’t forget it. What did I say that was inaccurate? Please correct me. Usually you correct people on the fly. What did I say that wasn’t accurate?
So, I'm going to end the whole conversation. It wasn't about who's right or wrong. You have been a prick with how you've handled the conversation. You spent lot of time writing long ass paragraph, trying to prove that you were right. You don't know how to let things go. You are entitled to what you think may be going on, and I simply disagreed with you on it and you would not let it go.. and then you made a prick comment: " That's right, and don't forget it." Who the @$#$ you think you are talking to people like that. This board is my favorite place to hang out, because we can shoot breeze, we can talk shit, we can troll, but at end of the day, we are all friends. So I strongly advise you to stop commenting on this subject and let it go... This is my last warning to you.... I'm trying to be nice and letting you know that I'm done with you being jackass... CHILL OUT. This goes for Bamafan as well.

If ya'll don't like it.. hit the fucking ingore button!

So, I'm going to end the whole conversation. It wasn't about who's right or wrong. You have been a prick with how you've handled the conversation. You spent lot of time writing long ass paragraph, trying to prove that you were right. You don't know how to let things go. You are entitled to what you think may be going on, and I simply disagreed with you on it and you would not let it go.. and then you made a prick comment: " That's right, and don't forget it." Who the @$#$ you think you are talking to people like that. This board is my favorite place to hang out, because we can shoot breeze, we can talk shit, we can troll, but at end of the day, we are all friends. So I strongly advise you to stop commenting on this subject and let it go... This is my last warning to you.... I'm trying to be nice and letting you know that I'm done with you being jackass... CHILL OUT. This goes for Bamafan as well.

This is not a forum to troll on, brother. If you want to troll, find a new home, please. This is a forum to share opinions and ideas. Usually a place where people's opinions can be disagreed with but at the same time respected. I don't mind your opinion of the coaching thing, and I may ultimately be wrong on this because I don't have true sources just a gut feeling on the matter but you could also equally be wrong on the subject. @Rolltide24 is just pointing out you're being very defensive/snippy about my responses and fairly arrogant in the way you handle things. I'd take a few moments to step back and re-assess the situation and realize we just have a difference in opinion and maybe neither of us is right. Maybe he goes back to Michigan for all we know and just enjoy the time on the boards without the need for undermining other people's opinions.

I totally got your side of the argument throughout the process of our discourse but you gotta understand, I'm not trying to be "right" and I never claim to be "right" all the time. In fact I've been wrong this week on these boards twice already. Usually my sources are pretty darn accurate but when you ask a very subjective question you get subjective answers. In retrospect we both could've handled this better but I'm letting you know I don't think differently of you for having a strong opinion. I do however, have different opinions than you at times.

This is not a forum to troll on, brother. If you want to troll, find a new home, please. This is a forum to share opinions and ideas. Usually a place where people's opinions can be disagreed with but at the same time respected. I don't mind your opinion of the coaching thing, and I may ultimately be wrong on this because I don't have true sources just a gut feeling on the matter but you could also equally be wrong on the subject. @Rolltide24 is just pointing out you're being very defensive/snippy about my responses and fairly arrogant in the way you handle things. I'd take a few moments to step back and re-assess the situation and realize we just have a difference in opinion and maybe neither of us is right. Maybe he goes back to Michigan for all we know and just enjoy the time on the boards without the need for undermining other people's opinions.

I totally got your side of the argument throughout the process of our discourse but you gotta understand, I'm not trying to be "right" and I never claim to be "right" all the time. In fact I've been wrong this week on these boards twice already. Usually my sources are pretty darn accurate but when you ask a very subjective question you get subjective answers. In retrospect we both could've handled this better but I'm letting you know I don't think differently of you for having a strong opinion. I do however, have different opinions than you at times.
you missed the whole point of what I'm saying.... I"m hitting the ingore button. Done talking to you.

Said a couple or 3 weeks back that the Raiders had the lead for Harbaugh... that is obviously no longer the case, but it was at the time. Harbaugh's agent is tight with both Tom Brady and Mark Davis. That matters because Brady is an advisor for sorts to Davis, and Brady is very high on Harbaugh (both UM guys obviously). Brady is likely going to get minority ownership in the Raiders soon, so both he and Harbaugh's agent were pushing Harbaugh there. One hangup was the control that Harbaugh wanted... he had already stated that as coach, he planned to draft McCarthy in round 1 for example. Word is, Davis didn't want to pay that much and give him complete control. So... the Chargers became the frontrunner. They have the roster that Harbaugh likes the best and they've indicated that they will give him control and pay him the huge salary demand. If the deal falls through, Atlanta is still in play... Harbaugh is a fan of owner Arthur Blank for starters. And Blank will pay him. The door isn't completely closed on UM, but him remaining in Ann Arbor would mean that he didn't get the money and/or control he was seeking in the NFL. He's going to get paid either way though... Word remains, Sherrone Moore is who Harbaugh wants to replace him. Unless UM pulls a fast one, that seems to be a very safe bet.
Got damn! Felt good to ingore peopel.

Now back to this conversation. I firmly believe he'll ends up with charger before the week is out. Now, I'm not sure if it's good idea for him to have a full control of the roster, because the last person who did that.... is no longer a coach.

You get to say when it’s ended?

What long ass paragraphs have I written regarding this topic? None until now.

And that comment you point out was a response to your wise comment of “OK sure whatever you said”. I get the feeling you like to dish it out but then have trouble taking it in return. I returned the same respect that I was given…

Why would any member on here care or regard a warning from you? What threat are you implying? Very odd.

I’ve been here twice as long and you and fully understand what this board is for. You have proven you like to call out and argue some members’ thoughts or theories and usually in a manner that’s not tactful or respectful and sometimes combative. We don’t need that.

😂😂😂
Pot me introduce you to a friend!!😂😂😂

So what's the policy with all the kids who want to hit the portal now that the semester is well underway?
So far what I've heard is Feb 1st is the cutoff date for the transfer to be in effect before spring. Some guys may get waivers, some may not. We shall see how many want to transfer. They're hiring within house once he leaves anyways so they may not deal with as many as we had overall.

I know some people said January 24th was the cutoff for some schools so not sure if it's different depending on the school or if the feb 1st deadline is the one that's upheld.

Back
Top Bottom