| OT Yes. You can call me a pervert here. This is a "DAYUM" situation.

So, this is a "wow." I would think as much time as you spent in the forest you would have learned to shoot a bow. Assumptions, ya know?

Really dont see " shooting a bow" and being in woods/forest connection...

Wasnt a hunter...( but hunted some)....

Be surprised...most foresters....that i have known...are not hunters...( or hikers..)...or use forest for their primary recreation

@50+yeartidefan Ya got me thinking.

I've spent more time shooting my bow this year than I have shooting at the range. I haven't been hunting. Just shooting.

But.

Have you seen those fake deer targets? I'm threw the eye ball at 25 yards. I'm through the head at 50. I can hit the heart at 100.

But. I don't like venison. Years ago I was drinking Yeagermeister with a guy that was smoking venison. Threw up. I haven't touched either, since. This is summer of '94, maybe? It was on Folly Beach...another place I try to avoid. But I don't. It's the only beach in this area that has "real people." Versus, Isle of Palms, etc.

But...if you think about it....may not surprise you....

When i go on forest now...20+ years retired...i still see... "work". Things that need to be done...projects... instead of just ...the beautiful forest
Context and perspective.

I laugh when the bull gators growl at night when I'm on the water at 2 AM. Yeah. I am definitely mental.

Get this. Shrimp baiting season starts in September. You are allowed 48 quarts...the cooler, right? I'd have to go look to be sure...bet ya I've got close to 20 lbs of shrimp in my freezer. I mentioned the red drum the other day. Out of season...but got some good ones that are 19" or more. Were, 19" or more.

I have no idea how much bass I have in the freezer. 10-12 lbs.

I'm heading out in the next day or two for King Mackerel. Spanish Mackerel. It's August, It's the season. I'll grab a dozen of those and it's in the freezer.

Now, this is leaving aside the conversation we 're having about going shark fishing.

View attachment 28453View attachment 28453

I still archery hunt. This is my best deer to date. Took him back in 2012 (my beard ain't brown no mo) in southern Illinois. Public Land. 158-5/8" with 16 measurable points. He was right at 250 pounds.

An absolute stud.
I don't hunt although I could. There are deer within a mile from the house. I saw a trio out the other night when I was out biking.

I like the bow because it's a work out. It's fun. But, it's a work out.

I like the bow because it's a work out. It's fun. But, it's a work out.
Definitely. I usually start practicing now. I will shoot 20 times or so and as it gets closer to the season and my muscle memory is good I only shoot 5-10 times a day. 4-5 days a week. Typically in the tree you only get one shot. Got to make it count the first time.

Definitely. I usually start practicing now. I will shoot 20 times or so and as it gets closer to the season and my muscle memory is good I only shoot 5-10 times a day. 4-5 days a week. Typically in the tree you only get one shot. Got to make it count the first time.
A barrel of hay. Literally, just around the corner of my house.

Doug. This guy is weird. WEIRD. Wears kevlon all the time.

Then again, his brother runs the chapter of the Hell's Angels in Berkeley County. So, you say. Aight. It's all good. Just want to shoot for a minute or two.

Back
Top Bottom