| BSB/SB đźŹ† 🥎 Women's College World Series: Alabama Softball’s Season Ends with 8-5 Loss to Florida State

Looks like OU is going to take home another championship. Ugh. The clock is striking midnight for FSU. Id sure rather they won over OU. I like their coach more.
In the long run talent usually trumps luck. FSU just got on a hot streak in the WCWS and with good preparation and luck were able to get this far. Of course, it’s not over but I don’t see them coming back. However, I was hoping they would take down OU.

A (probably really inaccurate) guess at the starters next year...

C- Abby Doerr -or- Transfer
1B- Kaylee Tow#
2B- Savannah Woodard
3B- Aubrey Barnhart*^
SS- Bailey Dowling
LF- Jenna Johnson
CF- Dallis Goodnight*
RF- KB Sides#
DP- Kali Heivilin*

SP- Montana Fouts
SP- Lexi Kilfoyl
SP- Jaala Torrence
SP- Alex Salter*

#As of now, planning on coming back for extra year
*True Freshmen
^Could possibly play catcher

A bit of an update to this for those who care... obviously, Sides is transferring out, which was a surprise to me (and I think to the program). Tow has since confirmed she is returning.

Bama added Ohio State transfer Ashley Prange (IF) who has 2 years of eligibility left. She can play several different spots, which is attractive to Murphy. At the very least, she adds some really good depth.

Some likely big news is looming... Vol catcher Ally Shipman is also in the portal and is seriously considering joining the Tide. With Bailey Hemphill gone, UA has a big need behind the plate, and Shipman would certainly help fill that (defensive and offensively). She has a good relationship with Fouts already, which is helpful. Fingers crossed on this one that it gets done.

Back
Top Bottom