| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ With the A&M loss, Bama finishes the season 16-2 in conference play

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 2/2 Alabama men's basketball team has a chance to set a program record for most Southeastern Conference wins during the regular season in its final game, as the Crimson Tide faces No. 24/21 Texas A&M. The matchup, set to tip off at 11 a.m. CT on CBS, features the top-two teams in the SEC standings with the Tide at 16-1 and Texas A&M at 14-3.

The Tide is coming off its second SEC regular season championship in the last three years under head coach Nate Oats and will enter next week's SEC Tournament as the No. 1 seed.

The Alabama-Texas A&M matchup features two of the top-six scorers in the conference led by Alabama's Brandon Miller scoring an SEC-best 20.3 ppg in league games and Texas A&M's Wade Taylor IV (No. 6, 16.3 ppg).

The Broadcast​

Saturday's game is set for an 11 a.m. CT tipoff and will be aired on CBS with Brad Nessler (play-by-play) and Jay Wright (analyst) on the call.

The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play) and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

Going to need a big game from Clowney, Bediako, and possibly Pringle (if he gets PT). This is going to be a physical and overhyped game. Buzz is also the only coach in the league Oats hasn't beaten.

This game is pretty meaningless now that Alabama has locked up the SEC Regular season, but I'd like to think the team has the opposite approach. Every game should mean something and be a litmus test for what's to come in the post season. Also, this team has won three straight games I think they played poorly in (especially in the first half). I hope this can be the start of a really good shooting streak for the team to carry them into the NCAAT.

I wouldn’t expect too much from this bunch today. I hope I’m wrong but they have already wrapped up the regular season SEC championship and no matter what happens today or in the SEC tournament they will be seeded no lower than a 2, still probably a 1, in the NCAA tournament.

How do you only score 15 points in almost one half? Very poor shoointg for the 4th game in a row but this is probably the lowest so far certainly i the 4 game stretch. Only 4 FG's total. One 3 pointer. Going to have to start with effort on the D end to try and give some easy buckets or FT's..

How do you only score 15 points in almost one half? Very poor shoointg for the 4th game in a row but this is probably the lowest so far certainly i the 4 game stretch. Only 4 FG's total. One 3 pointer. Going to have to start with effort on the D end to try and give some easy buckets or FT's..

Add a turnover every other series...Sloppy, sloppy game from Bama

I dunno if it's a fatigue thing or what but our team just hasn't looked in sync in a while. We really need some time off to figure our stuff out, not sure a win here helps them figure it out either.

I wouldn’t expect too much from this bunch today. I hope I’m wrong but they have already wrapped up the regular season SEC championship and no matter what happens today or in the SEC tournament they will be seeded no lower than a 2, still probably a 1, in the NCAA tournament.

I meant to respond to this before the game started, so now I'm gonna sound like Captain Hindsight, but we need this game big time. We have shot horrid from three the last two or three weeks, and we need to get out of this slump before tournament ball kicks in.

After looking at the first half that crappy shooting has continued and even if we lose this game we better figure it the heck out as we are a week or so away from tournament time. Sears can't hit to save his life, and neither can anyone else for that matter. We don't look like the same team lately, even though we've gotten some wins, we will be sitting ducks in the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament if we don't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom