| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Overwhelms South Alabama in 56-Point Victory

B

Bama News

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 22/22 Alabama men's basketball team will host the third game of its four-game homestand to start the 2023-24 when it faces South Alabama at 7 p.m. CT Tuesday night inside Coleman Coliseum.

The Crimson Tide has won 17-straight games at Coleman Coliseum, which ranks as the fifth-longest home winning streak in Division I, winning by an average of 24.8 points per contest.

Alabama is ranked No. 22 in both the AP and USA Today Coaches Poll, the 21st consecutive week ranked inside the top 25.

The Broadcast

Tuesday's game is set for a 7 p.m. CT tipoff and will be aired on the SEC Network+ with Roger Hoover (play-by-play) and Richard Hendrix (analyst) on the call.

The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play) and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

Up 47 - 23 at the half. Defense looking a lot better than the 1st 2 games. It looks like we have more pure shooters too. That helps when a couple hit the skids.

7-12 3pts and only 5 turnovers.

Last edited:
Didn’t get to see the Bama game, but this Kentucky game was exciting. At least in the 1st half. UK was on fire until halftime then extended the lead to 14 just after the half. Coach Cal was touting his frosh and how any of them could go on a solo run at any time. Then they had to play half court offense in second half and have continued to just go down and play 1on1 ball shooting 3’s. I bet they’ve had 10 air balls. They are down 2 with 33 seconds to go. They have such good athletes but all they want to do is shoot 3’s.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 22/22 Alabama men's basketball team overwhelmed the South Alabama Jaguars 102-46 Tuesday night in Coleman Coliseum. It marked the third consecutive 100-point game for the Crimson Tide to open the 2023-24 campaign, the first time that has occurred since 1956-57.

Mark Sears led four Alabama (3-0) players with a game-high 17 points, while freshman Sam Walters added 16 off the bench, Nick Pringle (12) and Mohamed Wague (10) also contributed double figures as all 13 UA players who saw action scored at least two points.

The Jaguars (1-2) were led by Maxwell Land scoring 15 points.

Head Coach Nate Oats Postgame Comments

"That was a lot more like what we are trying to get on the defensive end. I thought our effort was significantly improved from everybody on the team. Thought some guys really stepped up … I think I think we've gotten 23 threes up every single game. We'd like to get a few more off as long as we're shooting it. But we've been pretty efficient. Offensively, our guys had us down for 1.52 points per possession which is about as good as you're going to see anywhere. This was not a super high possession game, I think we had us down for 67 possessions, so not that many possessions to score 102 points. I thought we played hard no matter what the score was. Overall, I am happy with our effort. We need to get one more great defensive game against Mercer Friday night going into that Thanksgiving tournament in Destin."

7-12 3pts and only 5 turnovers.
Just dawned on me...

This is another area where I look at stats differently than most. 🤷‍♂️

Points per possession. It's been good, to great, the last two games leading up to last nights contest. It improved last night...I'd have to look again, but I want to say it was 7-8 points better.

Downshift. Three games, 100+ posted on the scoreboard, but against whom?

Game one in Destin is Ohio State, right? That'll be a better gauge.

Back
Top Bottom