| FTBL Who stays, who goes? [Updated with UA's Early Entry Press Conference]

All good w/ Moses. His health issues are more complicated than we probably know... he may feel like this is his best shot!

Someone in the same position to look out for - LaBryan Ray. Sure would be nice to have him back and healthy. A 5th year is a lot to ask though...

Just got a notice on my phone that Owen is coming back for his 6th year. Depth and experience on the OL is a good thing to have.

Maaaaan... That don't even sound right. I feel bad for these younger dudes... But if anyone deserves to have a season starting, it's Owens. He's been a rock solid backup for how many years?! RTR

Yes. This was a "0" year eligibility wise.

Sucks to be a HS Senior!

Only issue is, there is still the 85 scholarship limit (unless the NCAA makes a temporary change soon). So, while many will want to stick around at their respective school, there may not be "room" for them. If nothing changes on that end, there is going to be a log jam in the portal to go along with the "normal" transfers... the trickle down effect will help a lot of the non-power 5 schools. The UAB's of the world...

Only issue is, there is still the 85 scholarship limit (unless the NCAA makes a temporary change soon). So, while many will want to stick around at their respective school, there may not be "room" for them. If nothing changes on that end, there is going to be a log jam in the portal to go along with the "normal" transfers... the trickle down effect will help a lot of the non-power 5 schools. The UAB's of the world...
Returning SR. With exhausted eligibility are not counted toward the 85 cap.

the issue won’t be this year... butthe years following. The Jr that would turn Sr and then be exhausted in eligibility would still have a year. So then the 85 will get wonky. I haven’t read all the language, but maybe they are saying when the normal exhaustion would happen they no longer count to the 85, but still get their extra year.

Returning SR. With exhausted eligibility are not counted toward the 85 cap.

the issue won’t be this year... butthe years following. The Jr that would turn Sr and then be exhausted in eligibility would still have a year. So then the 85 will get wonky. I haven’t read all the language, but maybe they are saying when the normal exhaustion would happen they no longer count to the 85, but still get their extra year.

Ahh, I hadn't seen that. I was going off some stuff Cole Cubelic had said about a month ago. I may have misunderstood him? Was under the impression that any player coming back an extra year (Owens for example) went against the 85.

Back
Top Bottom