| FTBL Depth Chart predictions

Shoot your shot

QB
Mac Jones, Bryce Young

RB
Najee Harris, Brian Robinson or Trey Sanders, Roydell Williams or Jase McClellan

WR
Devonta Smith, Javon Baker, Thaiu Jones-Bell

WR
Jalen Waddle, Xavier Williams, Traeshon Holden

WR
John Metchie, Slade Bolden

TE
Carl Tucker, Major Tennison

TE
Miller Forristall, Jahleel Billlingsley, Cameron Latu

OT
Alex Leatherwood, Tommy Brown

OG
Landon Dickerson, Javion Cohen

C
Emil Ekiyor, Darrian Dalcourt/Chris Owens

RG
Deonte Brown, Pierce Quick

RT
Evan Neal, Amari Knight

DE: LaBryan Ray, Byron Young, Braylen Ingraham

NT: DJ Dale, Phidarian Mathis, Ishmael Sophser/Stephon Wynn

DT: Christian Barmore, Justin Eboigbe, Tim Smith

OLB: Ben Davis, Drew Sanders, King Mwikuta/Jarez Parks

OLB: Chris Allen, William Anderson, Kevin Harris, Chris Braswell

ILB: Dylan Moses, Shane Lee, Ale Kaho

ILB: Christian Harris, Josh McMillon, Jaylen Moody, DeMouy Kennedy

CB: Patrick Surtain, Marcus Banks, Jaquez Robinson

CB: Josh Jobe, Ronald Williams, Jalyn Armour-Davis

STAR: Brian Branch, Malachi Moore

S: Daniel Wright, DeMarco Hellams, Brandon Turnage

S: Jordan Battle, Eddie Smith, Kristian Story

@NickelDoubleDog
The one area were I say, "there is no depth chart" is at linebacker this season. Out of those guys you've mention we could see six of them getting a "starting nod" this season: it's all about packages there and they're still jostling for positions in the rotations.

RB
Najee Harris, Brian Robinson or Trey Sanders, Roydell Williams or Jase McClellan
Trey is still 'nursing' a new nicks and bruises. By kickoff this is likely how we'll see it depending on how he's feeling.

OG
Landon Dickerson, Javion Cohen

C
Emil Ekiyor, Darrian Dalcourt/Chris Owens
As of Saturday's practice/partial scrimmage Dickerson was still at center and it looks like he'll remain there at least for the first part of the season. While Dalcourt is still "developing" they're swinging Owens outside (tackle) and playing him inside (center) as well.

S: Daniel Wright, DeMarco Hellams, Brandon Turnage
There's still a battle here for that starting nod. Hellams has had a great fall camp.

@NickelDoubleDog
The one area were I say, "there is no depth chart" is at linebacker this season. Out of those guys you've mention we could see six of them getting a "starting nod" this season: it's all about packages there and they're still jostling for positions in the rotations.

Trey is still 'nursing' a new nicks and bruises. By kickoff this is likely how we'll see it depending on how he's feeling.

As of Saturday's practice/partial scrimmage Dickerson was still at center and it looks like he'll remain there at least for the first part of the season. While Dalcourt is still "developing" they're swinging Owens outside (tackle) and playing him inside (center) as well.

There's still a battle here for that starting nod. Hellams has had a great fall camp.

Who is at guard where most expected Dickerson to be?

FWIW, Kendall Randolph looks like he's still the guy they bring in with a TE number on his jersey, but is essentially just a 6th OL in those specific packages.

I read some really good things on Javion Cohen - like he could be a starter potentially this year at OG (assuming Dalcourt can't win the C spot, which would allow Dickerson to play OG)

I read some really good things on Javion Cohen - like he could be a starter potentially this year at OG (assuming Dalcourt can't win the C spot, which would allow Dickerson to play OG)
Barring injury, I don't see him taking over for Brown or Ekiyor. If Dalcourt wins the center position before the years' out that means Cohen would be, at the earliest, fourth in the rotation with Dickerson and Brown starting at guards.

Barring injury, I don't see him taking over for Brown or Ekiyor. If Dalcourt wins the center position before the years' out that means Cohen would be, at the earliest, fourth in the rotation with Dickerson and Brown starting at guards.

I think Brown is elite. Nobody in the conference is better at OG. Ekiyor I am not sure of yet, but hope he can step up and be solid.

I thought Dickerson was reportedly better at OG, but he did fine at C last year. I'm sure Flood and Saban will find the best 5.

FWIW, Kendall Randolph looks like he's still the guy they bring in with a TE number on his jersey, but is essentially just a 6th OL in those specific packages.

I like when we do this. Randolph is a really good fit for that role... He moves well

I thought Dickerson was reportedly better at OG, but he did fine at C last year.
Saban has said a few times "he's most natural at guard." How that's to be interpreted? 🤷‍♂️ Ekiyor doesn't even look like the same guy as he did last season.

Often we'll see a writer talk about a lineman and say "he'd start for (insert your number) number of teams in the conference." To me, it's crazy thinking about Owens being delegated a sixth man role in a swing position. He, literally, could start for a vast number of teams across the collegiate landscape.

Saban has said a few times "he's most natural at guard." How that's to be interpreted? 🤷‍♂️ Ekiyor doesn't even look like the same guy as he did last season.

Often we'll see a writer talk about a lineman and say "he'd start for (insert your number) number of teams in the conference." To me, it's crazy thinking about Owens being delegated a sixth man role in a swing position. He, literally, could start for a vast number of teams across the collegiate landscape.

How are some of the young guys developing? I heard good stuff on true frosh Cohen that I mentioned. But what about Pierce Quick, Tommy Brown, or Amari Knight? Any of them looking like future starters?

Back
Top Bottom