Jaylen Waddle- Jr - Gone
Brian Robinson - Sr - Stay
Kendall Randolph - RS Jr - Stay
Carl Tucker - Gr - Gone
Major Tennison - RS Jr - Stay

Defense

LaBryan Ray- RS Jr - Gone
Christian Barmore - RS Soph - Gone
Dylan Moses - RS Jr - Gone (Wish he would stay)
Chirstopher Allen - RS Jr - Stay
Josh Jobe - Jr - Gone
Daniel Wright- RS Jr - Gone
Patrick Surtain - Jr - Gone
Phil Mathis - RS Jr - Stay
Joshua McMillon - RS Sr - Stay
Jaylen Moody- Jr - Stay
Ben Davis- RS Sr - Stay
Ale Kaho - Jr - Stay

Specialty

Charlie Scott- Gr - Stay
Thomas Fletcher - Sr - Stay
Joseph Bulovas- RS Jr - Gone

If Josh McMillon stays for a 7th year, that would be absolutely amazing! 😂

Offense
DeVonta Smith - Sr - Gone
Alex Leatherwood - Sr - Gone
Deonte Brown - Sr - Gone
Chris Owens - RS Sr - Stay
Landon Dickerson - Sr - Gone
Miller Forristall - RS Sr - Stay
Najee Harris - Sr - Gone
Mac Jones RS Jr - Gone
Jaylen Waddle- Jr - Gone
Brian Robinson - Sr - Stay
Kendall Randolph - RS Jr - Stay
Carl Tucker - Gr - Gone
Major Tennison - RS Jr - Stay

Defense

LaBryan Ray- RS Jr - Gone
Christian Barmore - RS Soph - Gone
Dylan Moses - RS Jr - Gone (Wish he would stay)
Chirstopher Allen - RS Jr - Stay
Josh Jobe - Jr - Gone
Daniel Wright- RS Jr - Gone
Patrick Surtain - Jr - Gone
Phil Mathis - RS Jr - Stay
Joshua McMillon - RS Sr - Stay
Jaylen Moody- Jr - Stay
Ben Davis- RS Sr - Stay
Ale Kaho - Jr - Stay

Specialty

Charlie Scott- Gr - Stay
Thomas Fletcher - Sr - Stay
Joseph Bulovas- RS Jr - Gone

I don't know why Daniel Wright would leave? Does he think he's gonna get passed over, so might as well? Does Ben Davis stay to get another degree? Maybe a BIT more playing time? Sanders is already passing him, right? Why does Labryan Ray leave? Frustration? Surely not to get paid. All of these should come back, AS SHOULD JOBE, if they want to improve their draft status. Jobe might be a 2nd rounder if he leaves, but still a bit raw. P Mathis will play his way to a good draft spot by coming back. I also wish Dylan would stay, but I agree he will probably go. Hate to see Barmore go, but he and Surtain are the only losses on D that really hurt me.

Lots of losses on offense but the RB position will be good, and PERHAPS the entire right side of the line, including the center, will return? I know Neal can be the left tackle, but he doesn't have to move to assure first round status after next year - look at Jedric Willis. Then we'd only have to plug in a new left tackle (key position, of course) and a left guard. We will have Bryce and Tyson, with Milroe coming in early. We'll have Billingsley and, hopefully, Forristall, along with Tennison. There will be good WR competition with Bolden and Metchie leading the way, and X Williams and Javon Baker trying to hold off the other great competition.

I don't know why Daniel Wright would leave? Does he think he's gonna get passed over, so might as well? Does Ben Davis stay to get another degree? Maybe a BIT more playing time? Sanders is already passing him, right? Why does Labryan Ray leave? Frustration? Surely not to get paid. All of these should come back, AS SHOULD JOBE, if they want to improve their draft status. Jobe might be a 2nd rounder if he leaves, but still a bit raw. P Mathis will play his way to a good draft spot by coming back. I also wish Dylan would stay, but I agree he will probably go. Hate to see Barmore go, but he and Surtain are the only losses on D that really hurt me.

Lots of losses on offense but the RB position will be good, and PERHAPS the entire right side of the line, including the center, will return? I know Neal can be the left tackle, but he doesn't have to move to assure first round status after next year - look at Jedric Willis. Then we'd only have to plug in a new left tackle (key position, of course) and a left guard. We will have Bryce and Tyson, with Milroe coming in early. We'll have Billingsley and, hopefully, Forristall, along with Tennison. There will be good WR competition with Bolden and Metchie leading the way, and X Williams and Javon Baker trying to hold off the other great competition.
Who stays and who goes in the TE position group will be interesting. What if Arik Gilbert lands in Tuscaloosa? Supposedly Bama’s very much in the hunt. Having Gilbert and Billingsley on the field at the same time would definitely stress defenses. Talk about matchup nightmares.

-I wasn't sure Jobe would be back as the season went on, but I'm fairly convinced that he should now. That would be a big win for next year's secondary which would basically return the entire secondary besides Surtain.

-Barmore is GONE! Enjoy that pay day, big fella!

-Ray may actually have to come back... He scuffled to stay healthy once again towards the end of the season.

-Moses is in the interesting one. I really have no idea how that plays out. Gut says he should go, but the $ would be so much better after a good year

-Would love to see Kendall Randolph come back and get a shot at one of those permanent OL spots. He's been a good player for us in that blocking TE and spot tackle role. Not sure where he fits into next year's depth chart, but would assume he could push for snaps

-Brian Robinson.... He's shown flashes but could certainly up his draft stock with a bigger role. That being said I don't quite see him ever being that bell cow, and he's healthy and productive now. 5th year RB's not exactly a priority, but he could be an exception with the low mileage

So really, the question marks to me are Jobe, Ray, and Robinson... Everyone else seems more predictable. JMO!

Other than that, it seems pretty cut and dry. Losing some great seniors on offense, but have a lot of young talent coming back on D. Next year's secondary should be a strength with Battle, Branch, Moore, and probably Jobe back. Battle should be a 1st round lock, with Jobe in that convo. Christian Harris will have a chance to make a huge leap... And Young will be that DL with big time draft potential. Mathis has become a really good player as well... With him and Dale in the middle, that's a solid bunch. Anderson, Allen, and Sanders off the edge will be a scary group! RTR

RTR

-I wasn't sure Jobe would be back as the season went on, but I'm fairly convinced that he should now. That would be a big win for next year's secondary which would basically return the entire secondary besides Surtain.

-Barmore is GONE! Enjoy that pay day, big fella!

-Ray may actually have to come back... He scuffled to stay healthy once again towards the end of the season.

-Moses is in the interesting one. I really have no idea how that plays out. Gut says he should go, but the $ would be so much better after a good year

-Would love to see Kendall Randolph come back and get a shot at one of those permanent OL spots. He's been a good player for us in that blocking TE and spot tackle role. Not sure where he fits into next year's depth chart, but would assume he could push for snaps

-Brian Robinson.... He's shown flashes but could certainly up his draft stock with a bigger role. That being said I don't quite see him ever being that bell cow, and he's healthy and productive now. 5th year RB's not exactly a priority, but he could be an exception with the low mileage

So really, the question marks to me are Jobe, Ray, and Robinson... Everyone else seems more predictable. JMO!

Other than that, it seems pretty cut and dry. Losing some great seniors on offense, but have a lot of young talent coming back on D. Next year's secondary should be a strength with Battle, Branch, Moore, and probably Jobe back. Battle should be a 1st round lock, with Jobe in that convo. Christian Harris will have a chance to make a huge leap... And Young will be that DL with big time draft potential. Mathis has become a really good player as well... With him and Dale in the middle, that's a solid bunch. Anderson, Allen, and Sanders off the edge will be a scary group! RTR

RTR

wouldn’t shock me to see miller forristall back.

Depends on his cause. If it’s to be a coach one day, yes another year with Saban is very helpful. I doubt he’s a highly sought after TE for the NFL either way.

I don't know man. He did some impressive shit this year... That versatility is pretty rare, plus he's tall as shit.

Most dudes who start for a National Championship team have NFL aspirations... Not 6 years of the college grind lol

I don't know man. He did some impressive shit this year... That versatility is pretty rare, plus he's tall as shit.

Most dudes who start for a National Championship team have NFL aspirations... Not 6 years of the college grind lol
I think he’s projected 6th round at best. Most 6th rounders don’t make the cut. Just depends on what he wants. He can make the same money or more if he stays another year and get more experience with Saban if he’s thinking a coaching route... or maybe he’s fine with using his degree and getting a job. I really don’t know... but it would not be shocking if he stayed.

I think he’s projected 6th round at best. Most 6th rounders don’t make the cut. Just depends on what he wants. He can make the same money or more if he stays another year and get more experience with Saban if he’s thinking a coaching route... or maybe he’s fine with using his degree and getting a job. I really don’t know... but it would not be shocking if he stayed.

How much more upside does he really have? Go to the NFL and make the minimum ($480,000) and hope you can stick around long enough to sign a second contract.

How much more upside does he really have? Go to the NFL and make the minimum ($480,000) and hope you can stick around long enough to sign a second contract.
Which is why I said I would not be shocked if he stays. His NFL payout is going to be the same be it this year or next... however there are advantages to learning coaching systems if he stays... if he’s interested in that route. I have no idea if he is...

BTW... he would be a long shot to make the roster, let alone to a second contract.

It’s just an opinion. You’re free to have a different one. Neither of us would/could know where he stands on his future.

Which is why I said I would not be shocked if he stays. His NFL payout is going to be the same be it this year or next... however there are advantages to learning coaching systems if he stays... if he’s interested in that route. I have no idea if he is...

BTW... he would be a long shot to make the roster, let alone to a second contract.

It’s just an opinion. You’re free to have a different one. Neither of us would/could know where he stands on his future.

What I'm saying is staying another year doesn't really help him. It will just put wear and tear on his body. He can try the NFL and if it doesn't work out come back and be a GA.

Alabama defensive back Eddie Smith announced Wednesday that he is entering his name in the NCAA transfer portal. As of Wednesday, Smith’s name is not yet listed in the database.

The 2017 recruiting class was The Goat but the 2018 class while we have some really good players we have way too many misses

Alabama 2018 Football Commits (247sports.com)

Anoma, Wynn, Delong, Hatcher, Jordan Davis, Ford, Parker, Saivion Smith

Kaho and Latu are marginal contributors at best

Back
Top Bottom