| NEWS Projecting Alabama's Depth Chart, Post-Draft Decisions: Defense- SI's Bama Central

The secondary was, by far, the most cohesive and effective part of the defense last year. I was happy to hear that the coordinator for the secondary was returning. that is a big deal.

DE Byron Young (47)/Christian Barmore (58), Phidarian Mathis (48) ** Chris Braswell, Will Anderson could see playing time**

DT DJ Dale (94), Phidarian Mathis (48), Stephon Wynn Jr. (90)Timothy Smith, Jamil Burroughs will play, Jah-Marien latham probably redshirt.*

DE LaBryan Ray (89), Justin Eboigbe (92), Braylen Ingraham (52)** see the note above**

SLB Chris Allen (4), Jarez Parks (23), Drew Sanders/Chris Braswell <-- Why is Chris Braswell listed here? He's projected to be DE?

MLB Dylan Moses (7), Shane Lee (35), Markail Benton (36) ** I agree with this*

WLB Joshua McMillon (40), Christian Harris (8), Jaylen Moodey (42)/Ale KaHo (10) I think McMillion will be moved to OLB.

JLB King Mwiikuta (30)/Ben Davis (1), Kevin Harris II (44)

CB Patrick Surtain II (2), Ronald Williams, Marcus Banks (26) <--- Surtain could move to Star, allowing Williams to start. No way we bring in JUCO to sit for a year.**

CB Josh Jobe (28), Jalyn Armour-Davis (22), Scooby Carter (11)/Brandon Turnage (14)

FS Jordan Battle (6); Eddie Smith (25)

SS Daniel Wright (3), DeMarcco Hellams (29)

Star Patrick Surtain II, Jalyn Armour-Davis (22) <--- You had Surtain listed twice at CB and Star. Unless you meant to say when they move to Nickel and Dime package...

SPECIAL TEAMS

P Skyler DeLong (10)/Will Reichard (16)/Ty Perine (99) <--- Skyler is gone. Just waiting for him to move on. Reichard will do FG only. Perine will be starting punter.

FG/KO Will Reichard (16), Joseph Bulovas (97)

Holder Mac Jones (10) <-- This will change. I think we will see a dedicated playkicker holder... Tauila or Bryce is likely.

LS Thomas Fletcher (45)

PR Jaylen Waddle (17)

KR Jaylen Waddle (17)/Brian Robinson Jr. (24) <- Don't think we will see Waddle back there.

Two things we all have to remember.... OLB competition wil be fierce and we will see surprise moves there. Kristian Story will likely see playing time as 2 deep. Kid is that good.

I specifically remember you and I begging Golding to blitz him more. We could all see it, some were saying it wasn't our scheme, but I know you and I saw it needed to happen a lot more than it actually did.

It appeared that we just sit there and played vanilla over and over. If you're going to allow the better teams to drag you down the field then why not get after their azz by attacking them instead of being attacked. Once the Feb NSD is in the books and two weeks later Pete is still the guy then we're stuck with him.

DE Byron Young (47)/Christian Barmore (58), Phidarian Mathis (48) ** Chris Braswell, Will Anderson could see playing time**

DT DJ Dale (94), Phidarian Mathis (48), Stephon Wynn Jr. (90)Timothy Smith, Jamil Burroughs will play, Jah-Marien latham probably redshirt.*

DE LaBryan Ray (89), Justin Eboigbe (92), Braylen Ingraham (52)** see the note above**

SLB Chris Allen (4), Jarez Parks (23), Drew Sanders/Chris Braswell <-- Why is Chris Braswell listed here? He's projected to be DE?

MLB Dylan Moses (7), Shane Lee (35), Markail Benton (36) ** I agree with this*

WLB Joshua McMillon (40), Christian Harris (8), Jaylen Moodey (42)/Ale KaHo (10) I think McMillion will be moved to OLB.

JLB King Mwiikuta (30)/Ben Davis (1), Kevin Harris II (44)

CB Patrick Surtain II (2), Ronald Williams, Marcus Banks (26) <--- Surtain could move to Star, allowing Williams to start. No way we bring in JUCO to sit for a year.**

CB Josh Jobe (28), Jalyn Armour-Davis (22), Scooby Carter (11)/Brandon Turnage (14)

FS Jordan Battle (6); Eddie Smith (25)

SS Daniel Wright (3), DeMarcco Hellams (29)

Star Patrick Surtain II, Jalyn Armour-Davis (22) <--- You had Surtain listed twice at CB and Star. Unless you meant to say when they move to Nickel and Dime package...

SPECIAL TEAMS

P Skyler DeLong (10)/Will Reichard (16)/Ty Perine (99) <--- Skyler is gone. Just waiting for him to move on. Reichard will do FG only. Perine will be starting punter.

FG/KO Will Reichard (16), Joseph Bulovas (97)

Holder Mac Jones (10) <-- This will change. I think we will see a dedicated playkicker holder... Tauila or Bryce is likely.

LS Thomas Fletcher (45)

PR Jaylen Waddle (17)

KR Jaylen Waddle (17)/Brian Robinson Jr. (24) <- Don't think we will see Waddle back there.

Two things we all have to remember.... OLB competition wil be fierce and we will see surprise moves there. Kristian Story will likely see playing time as 2 deep. Kid is that good.

Braswell and Will Anderson are both guys who would be OLBs in a base defense, but play as DEs with their hand on the ground when the defense is in the 4 man fronts (so, the majority of the snaps)

It appeared that we just sit there and played vanilla over and over. If you're going to allow the better teams to drag you down the field then why not get after their azz by attacking them instead of being attacked. Once the Feb NSD is in the books and two weeks later Pete is still the guy then we're stuck with him.
Golding isn't going anywhere. He's locked in for 2020 season.

Back
Top Bottom