| LIFE We need to pray for the victims of Hurricane Helene

For anyone that knows, was that area (along with East TN) already inundated with water from recent rains/storms? I know these tropical systems can dump a ton of rain in a very short period of time (I've had the floating furniture before from them down near Mobile), but Helene was a pretty quick mover and it didn't really stop and sit on that area. I'm a little surprised at the amount of flooding that I've seen the past day or so... it led me to believe they may have already had some really wet soil, high creeks, etc. Or, is it just a case where lots of water rushed down the mountain streams and into the valleys and towns below?

An honest question here. And I ask because I’ve been tuned into sports all weekend and seen very little news. Has Biden even commented on this, what’s basically a humanitarian crisis, yet? Kamala? Have they provided decent resources? Or is it being left up to the governors of the states involved? And maybe it’s best they don’t get involved, other than approving a blank check for search and rescue, but I’m curious.

An honest question here. And I ask because I’ve been tuned into sports all weekend and seen very little news. Has Biden even commented on this, what’s basically a humanitarian crisis, yet? Kamala? Have they provided decent resources? Or is it being left up to the governors of the states involved? And maybe it’s best they don’t get involved, other than approving a blank check for search and rescue, but I’m curious.

Ok, just ran across this. Not a ton of details, but at least he’s aware of the situation (which seems like a joke, but isn’t in this case).

App State is a winner here. Opened all their stuff for people to eat, sleep...

Hey, cafeteria food isn't that great on a campus. Until it's free and needed.

An answer to my question from Saturday… apparently a shit ton of rain fell in the area, much more than I realized.

I'm no where near to that and I got soaked. It REALLY sucks. Tim is in town today and wanting to meet for lunch. But I'm trying to deal with insurance. The chances of me saying "phuck it" about noon and going to the bar to have a beer with Tim...getting pretty high.

Holy cow!!!!!

I fealt anxiety just watching this!!!

Saw a terrible story this morning, no video but ti had a photo... apparently a daughter, her child, and both parents were stranded on the roof of their house as it was being swept away. The daughter took a photo of the others while it all unfolded. Apparently, not long after she took the photo, the house gave way to the flood waters and current... the daughter was the only one that lived. Just heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom