| BSB/SB 🥎 WCWS 2022: Alabama Season Ends in Tuscaloosa Regional Final)

A hitting coach isn't making these girls hit. A hitting coach isn't turning two hits into ten hits and eight runs. It's the indian, not the arrows. As I said weeks ago, this team is not a World Series team.

A hitting coach isn't making these girls hit. A hitting coach isn't turning two hits into ten hits and eight runs. It's the indian, not the arrows. As I said weeks ago, this team is not a World Series team.

The hitting coach is responsible for preparing and developing players at the plate and “circumstances” such as an opposing pitchers habits, flaws and etc.,etc., etc. I agree this is not World Series team but they are certainly not getting the coaching they deserve.

The hitting coach is responsible for preparing and developing players at the plate and “circumstances” such as an opposing pitchers habits, flaws and etc.,etc., etc. I agree this is not World Series team but they are certainly not getting the coaching they deserve.

They're supposed to be D-1 class athletes, cream of the crop to play at Alabama. In my eyes it takes very high skill to hit at that level, as well as IQ. You can teach scouting reports and such like you stated, but it's all on the player to have the ability, and with how little we hit, it makes me feel it's a player issue, not something a coach is fixing himself/herself. Those same players made a lot of errors in the field this year as well. Makes me really appreciate and respect what Bailey Hemphill did for the program.

They're supposed to be D-1 class athletes, cream of the crop to play at Alabama. In my eyes it takes very high skill to hit at that level, as well as IQ. You can teach scouting reports and such like you stated, but it's all on the player to have the ability, and with how little we hit, it makes me feel it's a player issue, not something a coach is fixing himself/herself. Those same players made a lot of errors in the field this year as well. Makes me really appreciate and respect what Bailey Hemphill did for the program.
IMO…our small ball slap/bunt philosophy doesn’t help much either.

I agree that the players have to take
some of the responsibility and am really with you on Hemphill. But what really sticks out to me is the difference in BA of Tow last year to this year.
2021 somewhere around 365. 2022 around 275.

Tough having to pitch a no hit shutout every time out to give your team a chance to win. Should transfer somewhere they can hit the ball and score runs.
Only thing with that today was 6 runs on 11 hits ain’t even close to a no hit shut out. 3-0 after the first inning.

Last edited:
I agree that the players have to take
some of the responsibility and am really with you on Hemphill. But what really sticks out to me is the difference in BA of Tow last year to this year.
2021 somewhere around 365. 2022 around 275.

Yep, pretty big difference. We do need help and something will need to change for us to get where we need to be to achieve that success we have become used to. I just throw my hands up, ha ha.

The game is on the SEC Network. Murphy has a batting line up that makes more sense tonight. Jenna Johnson started the game with a HR! Bama's up 1 - 0 in the top of the 2nd (we're the road team).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom