| LIFE Videos of the day...whatcha got?

This is for the hikers that may be among us.
This first clip is of the Wander women, who have thru hiked the AT and and are now hiking the CDT.
Three pretty tough old birds. They have documented their hikes on their youtube channel, The Wander Women.

These next two clips are about my favorite awbarn fan, She lives down near the barn and sadly attended school there and is one of their biggest fans. She is also a thru hiker who has completed the triple crown, having hiked the AT, the PCT and the CDT. She documented each hike on her
youtube channel, Homemade Wanderlust. Her name is Jessica Mills, aka " Dixie ". She is tough as nails.

This first clip is in Colorado on the CDT.

This clip is from her PCT hike. There is beautiful scenery in almost every clip. Perhaps only seen through the eyes and lens of a hiker.

It took me 16 years to complete the AT, not a thruhiker, just a 2,000 miler. The PCT is not in my sights, but 212 miles of it is as described as the John Muir Trail I plan to tramp. It's probably pushed to 2021 and perhaps 2022 based on work demands, but I intend to complete it ahead of the Milford Track and Patagonia. A man needs to know his limitations...

It took me 16 years to complete the AT, not a thruhiker, just a 2,000 miler. The PCT is not in my sights, but 212 miles of it is as described as the John Muir Trail I plan to tramp. It's probably pushed to 2021 and perhaps 2022 based on work demands, but I intend to complete it ahead of the Milford Track and Patagonia. A man needs to know his limitations...

Congratulations for your completion of the AT. That is quite the accomplishment even though it took you a number of years to complete.
That is pure dedication. Also, I will pull for you and hope you get to hike John Muir section of the PCT as you are hoping to do. I agree,
everyone should try to learn their limitations. It makes for a more exciting life.

I have spent a good amount of time in the woods when I was younger, usually fishing or hunting. But also used to go for long walks in the woods
just to get out of the house. I have never been a hiker per say, but did enjoy time alone in the woods. Due to my circumstances in my younger years, I was never able to commit the time to trail hike. There were these obstacles called working and making a living. I began to learn my limitations around 1999, when my lung function began to lessen considerably. Now, I just watch from the sidelines, so to speak.

I've hooked, plugged a ball, and driven something like that.

source.gif

Back
Top Bottom