| LIFE Videos of the day...whatcha got?

The bear talk on the phone photo thread reminded me of this video… a hellacious grizzly matchup…

Totally unrelated...saw a red fox this morning when I was out biking. Didn't have my phone. For a fox, he was pretty big. One of those funny things in life when you're telling the cashier at the 7-11 to come outside and "check this out" ... Hwy 78 outside of Wannamaker Park. Wow. It was cold enough this morning you could see the breath coming out of his nose. Gotta admit...still got chill bumps.

Totally unrelated...saw a red fox this morning when I was out biking. Didn't have my phone. For a fox, he was pretty big. One of those funny things in life when you're telling the cashier at the 7-11 to come outside and "check this out" ... Hwy 78 outside of Wannamaker Park. Wow. It was cold enough this morning you could see the breath coming out of his nose. Gotta admit...still got chill bumps.

Always cool seeing a fox. When first moved to Northport, I'd see some on a semi regular basis around the neighborhood... but so much clearing has gone on for growth in the last 5 years or so, I haven't seen one since. A good friend lives about 3/4 a mile from me (as the crow flies), mostly separated by woods... There's still some that roam near him as they snack on the occasional chicken in his yard... He hates them... but I love them. Was told by a wildlife biologist once that seeing a fox is a very good indicator that the area ecosystem is doing really well.

Back
Top Bottom