| PRO USFL Birmingham season thread

Part of the deal is a certain percentage of the commercials are about Bham. I do know Woodfin didn’t have anything to do with any of this but you can bet your ass he’ll take the credit.
Sooooooo...what the hell is to do in Birmingham.
That they advertise for....that somebody says..."wow, i wanna spend a weeks vacation there".....
Guess...i need to watch commercials to find out....

That they advertise for....that somebody says..."wow, i wanna spend a weeks vacation there".....
I guess it depends on what you like to do.... Plenty of good golf courses in the area and they do have some top notch places to eat. You could always go to the southside or down around Bessemer/Ensley and the likes if you want to have that near death experience kinda rush. :p

I guess it depends on what you like to do.... Plenty of good golf courses in the area and they do have some top notch places to eat. You could always go to the southside or down around Bessemer/Ensley and the likes if you want to have that near death experience kinda rush. :p
If the Bright Star is still there, Sit in The Bears booth for dinner.

Bham actually punches above its weight for restaurants. Frank Stitt has played a big role in that, but there are great places all around. Plenty of good live music venues, too.

Go to Barber Motorsports, one of the best motorsports museums in the world. On a smaller scale, the Mustang museum in Odenville is on my list, haven't been there yet. American Village and The Southern Museum of Flight are both pretty unique experiences.

Highlands Bar and Grill and Bottega are top notch for sure.
Yes.

Growing up, all I wanted was to stay away from Bham, just wanted to stay in what, was then, the country in Chelsea. Then, when we moved back there from Wetumpka, we built in a little bit of the county just outside Mtn Brook near Liberty Park and in the Cahaba Heights Community School District (before Vestavia annexed it). We had the two boys then, we joined the Y in Homewood, got a season pass to the zoo, found a good church and had a really good three years there before moving to Georgia.

Yes.

Growing up, all I wanted was to stay away from Bham, just wanted to stay in what, was then, the country in Chelsea. Then, when we moved back there from Wetumpka, we built in a little bit of the county just outside Mtn Brook near Liberty Park and in the Cahaba Heights Community School District (before Vestavia annexed it). We had the two boys then, we joined the Y in Homewood, got a season pass to the zoo, found a good church and had a really good three years there before moving to Georgia.
Mine was always a bunch of rednecks from Walker County going to the ‘ham for a Barons, South Star, Bulls, Stallions or some rock concert in the BJCC. Then life happened and it was me and the family going to one of the said establishments for for a family night out. The Bright Star had always been one of our favorites. I had an ankle rebuilt in the old Lloyd Nolan hospital back when you could walk the sidewalks on that side of town. :)

Mine was always a bunch of rednecks from Walker County going to the ‘ham for a Barons, South Star, Bulls, Stallions or some rock concert in the BJCC. Then life happened and it was me and the family going to one of the said establishments for for a family night out. The Bright Star had always been one of our favorites. I had an ankle rebuilt in the old Lloyd Nolan hospital back when you could walk the sidewalks on that side of town. :)
You'd need that re-built ankle nowadays so you could run on that side of town!

I remember moving to Bham in December 1985, and it snowed the first night we were there. Stayed on Southside and ate at Silvertron for dinner and Bogues for breakfast. We love Bham.

USFL SCHEDULE - WEEK 3
Saturday, April 30
MatchupTime (ET)TV/MobileTickets
Tampa Bay at Houston4:00pmFOX
Birmingham at New Orleans8:00pmFOX
Sunday, May 1

MatchupTime (ET)TV/MobileTickets
Pittsburgh at Michigan2:30pmUSA
New Jersey at Philadelphia8:00pmPeacock

Great game Houston vs Tampa 27-26 in the last 10 seconds. I find my self getting hooked on these games. Looking forward to the Stallions vs New Orleans. Tonight.

Its a bridge until Bama plays in the fall.

Friday, May 13

Michigan Panthers
Michigan
Tampa Bay Bandits
Tampa Bay
Final
Saturday, May 14

New Orleans Breakers
New Orleans
New Jersey Generals
New Jersey

3:00pm ET
FOX
Buy Tickets
Sunday, May 15

Birmingham Stallions
Birmingham
Philadelphia Stars
Philadelphia

12:00pm ET
NBC
Buy Tickets
Pittsburgh Maulers
Pittsburgh
Houston Gamblers
Houston

4:00pm ET
FOX
Buy Tickets

I have great memories of B'ham,,, growing up in little Bon Air we did a field trip to the zoo in the early 60's. then after we moved to Fla we would make fall trips up to Legion Field to see the Tide so many times! Taking girls to walk around Vulcan park, staying with friends in Leeds,,,so many, many great memories...by the way guys, I remember going to a mall that was a two level mall, in south B'ham, is that now where the Gallaria is or was that in a different place.

Back
Top Bottom