| PRO USFL Birmingham season thread

why are the games being played in Bham only?
I've seen the word "negotiations" bantered about in several articles. It leads me to assume there was a bidding process.

Other than that I've seen no explanation as to why all of the games are in B-ham.

NOTE: The playoffs are in Canton, I believe.

I've seen the word "negotiations" bantered about in several articles. It leads me to assume there was a bidding process.

Other than that I've seen no explanation as to why all of the games are in B-ham.

NOTE: The playoffs are in Canton, I believe.
Correct.... playoffs are in Canton. Conflict with the World Games schedule in B'ham is the reason. My understanding is they are getting the stadiums at no cost to them. Probably need to pay THEM to play at Legion Field. :laugh:

Everything I have heard points to money. They did not want to fold after one season and it is a lot cheaper to have everyone in one place than spread all over the country. That also allows more time for negotiations for actual places the teams are going to play in the long run. If TV ratings are good, that helps them negotiate better. Attendance is not going to be trumpeted very much I expect.

2022 USFL Week 2 Schedule:​

Friday, April 22

• Michigan Panthers at New Jersey Generals, 8:00 p.m. ET April 22 on USA Network

Saturday, April 23​

• Pittsburgh Maulers at Philadelphia Stars, 12:00 p.m. ET April 23 on Fox
  • Birmingham Stallions at Houston Gamblers, 7:00 p.m. ET April 23 on FS1

Sunday, April 24​

• New Orleans Breakers at Tampa Bay Bandits, 3:00 p.m. ET April 24 on NBC

I try watching the Maulers vs Stars game. I seen more fans at a pee wee game that what I saw in the stand. But this just tell us that the NFL has more money the brains! I don't see this going the full season.

I try watching the Maulers vs Stars game. I seen more fans at a pee wee game that what I saw in the stand. But this just tell us that the NFL has more money the brains! I don't see this going the full season.
I think the number of fans in stands is secondary. I think Fox & NBC are using this to fill programming. Kinda like a lot of the bowl games - low attendance but ESPN gets the program.

Haven’t watched any....
Who are sponsoring....commercials...

They have to be paying...and what is audience....

Yeah... @Secondand26 ....kinda like a bowl game between 5-6 teams.... except someone cares even for a 5-6 team
Well, I don't lose any sleep over who wins in the USFL, but I'd rather watch crappy football over MLB or NBA any day! (But that's just me!)
On a side note - I noticed that most of the Stallion games are on Saturday evening - trying to get the maximum crowd for the Saturday night game.

, but I'd rather watch crappy football over MLB or NBA any day! (But that's just me!)

Yep. Right on brother

But

Truthfully...... i dont watch any of those....

I am outside......enjoying life ..... people need more of that....

Tv time ...outside of CF....( some nfl....i watch the teams and not the overhyped players...who most I dont a rats ass about...) .....is movies....

Haven’t watched any....
Who are sponsoring....commercials...

They have to be paying...and what is audience....

Yeah... @Secondand26 ....kinda like a bowl game between 5-6 teams.... except someone cares even for a 5-6 team
Part of the deal is a certain percentage of the commercials are about Bham. I do know Woodfin didn’t have anything to do with any of this but you can bet your ass he’ll take the credit.

Back
Top Bottom