| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

People saying losing Amos is a huge loss and it’s poor roster management, what would you like for DeBoer and the coaching staff to do when a kid chases the money?

I’d say DeBoer and his staff have done a hell of a job with roster management, we’ve lost players sure, but that was going to happen the second it was announced Saban was retiring, but they’ve hung onto to a lot of talent

Not at all.

I thought I had treated you unfairly because you got on my nerves. In retrospect, I didn't think it was sound judgment.
Yeah, you missed me . . .

Like a hemorrhoid.

If you don't like what I have to say, it's your prerogative. I'm a get off my lawn type of guy. Going to say what I feel and not everyone likes it. Though, I have to admit I was confused by the whole link reroute thing.

You will need to tell me who, as a projected starter, has been culled.
I used the term culling based on your response that Bama “has to make room”. Amos was a projected starter.

It’s just a little off when
A projected starter or two deep player leaves
We get in our feelings
The response is we had to make room.

Figured if Bama was the one making room, it would be with older guys who haven’t progressed and didn’t have a shot at playing time.

People saying losing Amos is a huge loss and it’s poor roster management, what would you like for DeBoer and the coaching staff to do when a kid chases the money?

I’d say DeBoer and his staff have done a hell of a job with roster management, we’ve lost players sure, but that was going to happen the second it was announced Saban was retiring, but they’ve hung onto to a lot of talent
That is very true! What was our biggest weakness ?

I have a feeling that players who entered transfer portal in last few days will regret it....

Hoping someone can explain NIL deals to me in regards to if certain schools spend more money than others and how Alabama compares to other schools in terms of how much money they are spending compared to other schools. It just seems like FSU is throwing money around a lot more.

Hoping someone can explain NIL deals to me in regards to if certain schools spend more money than others and how Alabama compares to other schools in terms of how much money they are spending compared to other schools. It just seems like FSU is throwing money around a lot more.
I'll give you the basics because people could go on forever about NIL and such.

So the collectives that help supplement school deals with players, such as recruiting, transfers and keeping players on the roster are different from some NIL deals.

Some NIL deals are done by individuals wishing to sponsor basically athletes and get their brand name and merchandise out there more.

In Bama's case we're on the low end of the collectives but pretty high on the merchandising and brand name stuff because our players are famous, they get clicks and companies are willing to work with them. We are now starting up our collective side. Long story short, Saban didn't want the collective running rampant so he kinda throttled the whole thing a bit. Also, with Saban guys invested in their draft stock more than just the collective deals they could get.

In the future, I expect Bama ramping up the collective will probably put us in the top 3 in the SEC and possibly top 5 in the nation in collective money and generation. Time will tell but if the new start-up Yea Alabama collective is an indicator Bama fans are willing to give and in mass to help the team. This is all without big name boosters and donations being included.

So the collectives that help supplement school deals with players, such as recruiting, transfers and keeping players on the roster are different from some NIL deals.

Some NIL deals are done by individuals wishing to sponsor basically athletes and get their brand name and merchandise out there more.

In Bama's case we're on the low end of the collectives but pretty high on the merchandising and brand name stuff because our players are famous, they get clicks and companies are willing to work with them. We are now starting up our collective side. Long story short, Saban didn't want the collective running rampant so he kinda throttled the whole thing a bit. Also, with Saban guys invested in their draft stock more than just the collective deals they could get.

In the future, I expect Bama ramping up the collective will probably put us in the top 3 in the SEC and possibly top 5 in the nation in collective money and generation. Time will tell but if the new start-up Yea Alabama collective is an indicator Bama fans are willing to give and in mass to help the team. This is all without big name boosters and donations being included.
Thanks. Your explanation helped a lot

The terminology gets mixed, and I'm lazy about how I post about it myself, but there's NIL and then there's Collectives. For NIL, a player gets paid (supposed to) for using his Name, Imagine, Likeness.... doing ads for businesses, paid promotions, paid interviews, signing autographs, clothing deals, etc... It can literally be any number of things. Collectives are things like Yea Alabama, where fans/boosters/companies donate money into a pot that is then distributed by the school. Schools with tons of wealthy boosters (Texas, Texas A&M for example) have very healthy collectives. There's also schools that get a nice influx of money from companies... (UGA has Delta, Chick-fil-A, Coke... Arkansas has Walmart, JB Hunt, Tyson...). Schools like Alabama don't really have a big corporate backing, nor do they have an abundance of mega wealthy boosters, so they rely heavily on the average fan to donate.

The other part is, different schools have different strategies in how they distribute the money. Texas and Texas A&M for example, throw a ton of money at guys, and there are significant differences in how much some guys get compared to others... like an MLB roster. Other schools, (and Bama falls in this bucket) go with a more sustainable and "fair" approach of mostly giving guys a standard amount. And again, that's from the collective. The players have no real limit on what they can earn with NIL as long as it is approved by compliance. So when Jalen Milroe and Terrion Arnold came up with the LANK apparel idea in the NIL Advantage Center at the stadium (a classroom like area used by athletes to build and enhance their NIL opportunities), they were free to earn however much they could on it. Toward the end of the year, they began to share profits with the entire team when customized apparel became an option. But for example, Milroe could sign a deal with a dealership or a restaurant, advertise for them, and make more money (like he did with Rhoback). Some NIL deals are pretty small in the grand scheme of things, but others pay really, really well.

Didn't see your reply... Mine took forever to type because the dog kept insisting on going outside (which requires me to go with him)...

Back
Top Bottom