| FTBL Updates on Bama players declaring for the NFL...

Expected Braswell to declare, as much as some people said he got a 3rd or 4th round grade quite a few boards have him solidly in the 2nd round right now. As long as he has a good to decent combine and shows up on the pro-day a bit he should be looking at 2nd ground.

The only 2 surprises IMO are Braswell going after indicating he was going to stay (from a rock solid source)... but that happens at times and it's hard to blame him at all in this particular situation. Roydell Williams returning is a nice surprise based on some chatter from a couple weeks ago too. Moore was always very open to returning and he and his family have a ton of faith in Saban. Glad to see Tim Smith return too. And make no mistake, the world of NIL helps some here these days too.... it can be a real wild card in all of this.

The only 2 surprises IMO are Braswell going after indicating he was going to stay (from a rock solid source)... but that happens at times and it's hard to blame him at all in this particular situation. Roydell Williams returning is a nice surprise based on some chatter from a couple weeks ago too. Moore was always very open to returning and he and his family have a ton of faith in Saban. Glad to see Tim Smith return too. And make no mistake, the world of NIL helps some here these days too.... it can be a real wild card in all of this.
Happens, I like Roydell returning too, I honestly thought he was gone but I do worry this may signal the end of Justice Haynes or Jam Miller which would be a bit sad cause I had high hopes for Haynes and he looks to be the odd man out unless they run Haynes/Williams with Miller being the 3rd down situational back.

You're right about so much, bound to be wrong every once in a while!

I also believe Moore should've returned to up his stock, he's projected 6+ right now and a good season could at least jump that to 3rd to 4th round grade. Kinda the same here for Tim Smith.

Happens, I like Roydell returning too, I honestly thought he was gone but I do worry this may signal the end of Justice Haynes or Jam Miller which would be a bit sad cause I had high hopes for Haynes and he looks to be the odd man out unless they run Haynes/Williams with Miller being the 3rd down situational back.

I also believe Moore should've returned to up his stock, he's projected 6+ right now and a good season could at least jump that to 3rd to 4th round grade. Kinda the same here for Tim Smith.

Some of these are shaky limbs to go out on... especially this day in age. It's one reason I quit following recruiting close and rarely seek out info on those guys (save a handful that I may be really interested in from time to time like a Ryan Williams type). The easy ones to peg though are the Terrion Arnold situations where they have an agent selected already... I don't recall a Bama guy every returning after it got to that point, and it was at that point over 2 weeks ago.

Better give Haynes anything he wants. Miller, would hate to lose him, but give me Haynes and Richard Young.

Won't blame any players for wanting to leave for the NFL or where they can get more playing time, but I hope that we can bring in some mean and nasty sobs to play along the offensive and defensive line as well as improving our linebacker situation. Got to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Some of these are shaky limbs to go out on... especially this day in age. It's one reason I quite following recruiting close and rarely seek out info on those guys (save a handful that I may be really interested in from time to time like a Ryan Williams type). The easy ones to peg though are the Terrion Arnold situations where they have an agent selected already... I don't recall a Bama guy every returning after it got to that point, and it was at that point over 2 weeks ago.
Yea, when I was younger I was almost devastated when we lost recruits or didn't get a 5-star from another school. As I get older though I just don't care as much about the recruiting rumors/gossip. I'm happy if a kid comes to Bama and I do get attached on a few, Simpson, Mcintyre (Butchered that) those are two TN kids I watched play high school ball so I do have some favorites.

Back
Top Bottom