| FTBL Updates on Bama players declaring for the NFL...

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
Players who can declare for the NFL Draft*
OT- JC Latham
WR- Jermaine Burton
RB- Jase McClellan
RB- Roydell Williams
DL- Tim Smith
DL- Justin Eboigbe
EDGE- Dallas Turner
EDGE- Chris Braswell
LB- Trezman Marshall
CB- Kool-Aid McKinstry
CB- Terrion Arnold
S- Malachi Moore

*This isn't the entire list of draftable players and also doesn't include players out of eligibility

Digging back into a pre-Christmas thread here with the latest scuttlebut (great word)...

As of now*... Latham, Roydell, McClellan, Burton, Turner, McKinstry, and Arnold are gone. Others are likely to jump too, but I haven't heard solid info on them to this point. Braswell, as of now, is planning on returning.

*a couple of these are subject to change based on multiple factors, including the final sit down with Saban following Bama's final game (he's already met with them once this month).

Digging back into a pre-Christmas thread here with the latest scuttlebut (great word)...

As of now*... Latham, Roydell, McClellan, Burton, Turner, McKinstry, and Arnold are gone. Others are likely to jump too, but I haven't heard solid info on them to this point. Braswell, as of now, is planning on returning.

*a couple of these are subject to change based on multiple factors, including the final sit down with Saban following Bama's final game (he's already met with them once this month).
Braswell is considered a fringe 1st early 2nd round grade at the moment. He may be going this year anyways.

Who I believe goes Pro:
Roydell
Latham
McClellan
Burton
McKinstry
Arnold
Tim Smith (Not seen much of a rise or drop, late round pick-up)
Turner
Braswell
Eboigbe

I think of this list all but Roydell would be drafted.

I think the rest would come back to raise their draft grades but there are some that could still jump ship.

Braswell is considered a fringe 1st early 2nd round grade at the moment. He may be going this year anyways.

He received a 3rd round grade. I think he'd likely improve on that some with testing, but if he returns, he has plenty of 1st round potential... which is what Saban advised him.

Man, I wish Arnold would come back. I'm thinking Top 5 pick if he came back. Where is he now, late first round? Could be the difference in $10-$20M?

He got some 1st round feedback... and while he could certainly still change his mind, he's already selected an agent which means it would be highly unusual to return at this point.

Sucks. He can do better for sure. Agents are terrible. I'm so happy for him though, because I was certain he was transferring two years ago and hated the thought of that. He stayed with the program and look at where he is at. You wish everyone had that kind of patience.

Sucks. He can do better for sure. Agents are terrible. I'm so happy for him though, because I was certain he was transferring two years ago and hated the thought of that. He stayed with the program and look at where he is at. You wish everyone had that kind of patience.

Hard to blame him in this case... and he's got Saban's blessing... he's not going rogue on it. Could the allure of NIL keep him another year? I don't think it's completely out of the question yet, but I'm not betting on it.

Hard to blame him in this case... and he's got Saban's blessing... he's not going rogue on it. Could the allure of NIL keep him another year? I don't think it's completely out of the question yet, but I'm not betting on it.

Oh no, I don't blame him. He deserves every good thing that happens to him. He's a fun/good dude. Hate to see him miss out on $20M though, but money in his pocket now is good.

Heard Milroe has made $1.5M this year, so gotta think Arnold ain't far behind.

Draft Leavers:

Dallas Turner
Chris Braswell
Koolaid
Terrion Arnold
Jermaine Burton
JC Latham
Will Reichard
Jase McClellan
Roydell Williams
Tim Smith
Justin Eboigbe
Malachai Moore

Those are about the only ones leaving for the draft I'd bet.

Possible Transfers out:

Dylan Lonergan
Eli Holstein
Malik Benson
Quandarius Robinson
Kristian Story
Seth McLaughlin (Probably will be beat out by someone in spring)

These are the ones I wouldn't be surprised to see go but could see some stay and some others go that we didn't think would take off. We shall see.

Draft Leavers:

Dallas Turner
Chris Braswell
Koolaid
Terrion Arnold
Jermaine Burton
JC Latham
Will Reichard
Jase McClellan
Roydell Williams
Tim Smith
Justin Eboigbe
Malachai Moore

Possible Transfers out:

Dylan Lonergan
Eli Holstein
Malik Benson
Quandarius Robinson
Kristian Story

These are the ones I wouldn't be surprised to see go but could see some stay and some others go that we didn't think would take off. We shall see.

Mentioned this in another thread, but after his 1st meeting with Saban in December, Braswell was leaning to staying. That is subject to change certainly.

Draft Leavers:

Dallas Turner
Chris Braswell
Koolaid
Terrion Arnold
Jermaine Burton
JC Latham
Will Reichard
Jase McClellan
Roydell Williams
Tim Smith
Justin Eboigbe
Malachai Moore

Possible Transfers out:

Dylan Lonergan
Eli Holstein
Malik Benson
Quandarius Robinson
Kristian Story
Seth McLaughlin (Probably will be beat out by someone in spring)

I hread he was staying at Bama? His brother is at Clemson.

Tim Smith and Deonte Lawson rumored to be returning for another year. Tim was rated as a 6-7th round selection. Looks to up his draft stock some more and Lawson just needs more seasoning I didn't see him on any board I've seen yet so UDFA would be likely his spot.

Back
Top Bottom