| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

The old man in me is coming out. I was at Alabama during Bear's tenure. It seemed that players came to Alabama because they wanted to play for Bama. Now it just seems like a 'business decision'. Oh well, adapt or die.

It's not a fun evolution to watch, that's for sure. As a baseball fan, for years I've heard (we've all heard it)... that minor league games like A ball were becoming more enjoyable to pure baseball fans because they were not playing for tons of money... they were playing for the opportunity to get tons of money. That was always the way CFB was in a sense... and now, that's gone.

It's not a fun evolution to watch, that's for sure. As a baseball fan, for years I've heard (we've all heard it)... that minor league games like A ball were becoming more enjoyable to pure baseball fans because they were not playing for tons of money... they were playing for the opportunity to get tons of money. That was always the way CFB was in a sense... and now, that's gone.

And sticking with the baseball metaphor. Spending a shitload a money on Prima-Dona's hasn't really transtlated well to baseball Championships. I'd even say that it is poorly correlated at this point.

And time will burn away the chaff of programs than use money as the be all to end all at recruiting. I think it's already been exposed with Texas A&M of recent.

Turns out, character, discipline, mental toughness (CNS operating principles etc) are the things that matter for championships. What coach said that "Winners win because that's what winners do."?

Glad we have someone like that willing to speak up and that actually backs it up with his play.
Need a lot more of this. If Downs is on the unoffical leadership group he needs to come out and say the same thing. I know this is a lot to expect out of a true freshmen but hope he has it in him for Bama's sake and in the end he is going to do great things no matter where he is.

We are about to see how much influence and respect Booker/Milroe have througout the team. I would also hope ex players would be helping here.

Now with all that said, Deboer is the head man and he is going to have to ultimately earn his pay.

Another team meeting took place tonight. Not sure what transpired, seems like everyone was in attendance and in good spirits. I think the news is positive. Guys aren't going to show up to a team meeting this late if they plan on transferring likely so I'm thinking tomorrow is going to come and go with no news. We will likely hear about Downs rumors until the portal officially closes though even if he does nothing tomorrow. So buckle up and let's see what happens.

Another team meeting took place tonight. Not sure what transpired, seems like everyone was in attendance and in good spirits. I think the news is positive. Guys aren't going to show up to a team meeting this late if they plan on transferring likely so I'm thinking tomorrow is going to come and go with no news. We will likely hear about Downs rumors until the portal officially closes though even if he does nothing tomorrow. So buckle up and let's see what happens.
..................................................................................................................................................... yeah, let's not discuss this.

Unsure on that, but if he's scared of competition at that position then he should definitely leave. He's going to have competition here every year.
Just a comment from a kid, that has friends on the team…. It’s not about the competition, as much as he believes it’s a lack of belief in him. Now I don’t know if it’s true or not, just what one teenager told me…. Take it for what it’s worth

Proctor posted a pic on instagram today (I signed up for instagram, don't hate me) of himself in a Bama Jersey and a new NIL deal info. Do with this info what you will, but might be Courtney Morgan at work making sure he feels taken care of here.

What some call "bleeding," is roster management.

With class coming in for the fall, Bama would have over 100 kids on scholarship. We've been thinking 15-18 would move on. Amos makes #20.

They are going to hit the portal for a few guys. They have to make room.

Back
Top Bottom