| FTBL Updates on Alabama players that are entering the transfer portal...

What some call "bleeding," is roster management.

With class coming in for the fall, Bama would have over 100 kids on scholarship. We've been thinking 15-18 would move on. Amos makes #20.

They are going to hit the portal for a few guys. They have to make room.
I’m sorry but Amos looked to be heck of a starter next year. Poor roster management if that’s what you want to call it.

You may be looking at this incorrectly. 25 initials no longer apply. There is no such thing as "lean year."

It's all about the 85 roster.
On that note, by my Calculations we're at 83 if Ryan Williams signs back with us. We can still add 2 more, and I think we're likely going to nab that 2024 Edge Decommit from UW which would put us back at 84 again after signing day stuff wraps up.

Maybe.. just hate seeing so much potential leaving us every year

We're going to see it more and more with the Era of the Portal and NIL probably have to bring in 25+ every year in recruiting to keep the numbers correct. This year we've brought in 26 + 3 transfers = 29. If Ryan Williams and Noah Carter sign that's 31 this year alone. We've already talked about that they're likely adding a few more transfers so that number will likely creep up. That's kinda what we're looking at every year from now on, 25+ players recruited per year whether it be through the portal or highschool.

Back
Top Bottom