| MBB/WBB UPDATED: 2023-24 Bama Basketball Roster Tracker

Don't think it's about money. Supposedly the new guys are playing better in practice... and he probably felt like he won't see significant playing time.

Well, he’s apparently being promised better money… so at the very least, money has a role in it. That’s the nature of this beast now though, in every major sport. Maybe at some point there will be a correction that settles this stuff down a little, but I’m not even really counting on that anymore.

Teams with one word names like Davidson, Xavier, and some of those tiny bracket busters ...some of those schools have some REAL Ballers… now we can give them the stars and the moon all legal like…😉

I meant Oats should be searching..
I don't get this post at all. If there's one thing that can't be questioned is how Oats has elevated this program in terms of evaluating talent and developing them.

I don't get this post at all. If there's one thing that can't be questioned is how Oats has elevated this program in terms of evaluating talent and developing them.
We want to win baby… go out get the best!!.. it’s legal now!!.. let’s go!!… we want championships now!!

Haven’t you ever watched some of the smaller schools that have athletes that play like men possessed… have you ever asked yourself why arent they at Alabama right now?.. Why are they at a little no-name school?…Bama can give those kids facilities, money, and more prestige…

Well, he’s apparently being promised better money… so at the very least, money has a role in it. That’s the nature of this beast now though, in every major sport. Maybe at some point there will be a correction that settles this stuff down a little, but I’m not even really counting on that anymore.
This is a lot like the movie, Crash. (If you haven't seen it, do it tonight.)

Crash is one story: that contains a bunch of other stories hung together by a thin thread.

JQ hitting the portal isn't a shock. It was unexpected as to how it happened. But ...

Money, and a few other things ... just, "boom." There it was.

That my understanding.

On that note, from my view ...

He was looking at reduced minutes but not because he was being "passed by." I've heard people point to Estrada and say JQ was passed: they don't play the same role. No, bring the same threat is a better way to put that. CNO has a few guard combinations he can floor.

I'm told to watch what he is taking at his new school with the suggestion it won't be the same as Alabama. I know what they were insinuating but I don't know how required progress is measured with grad students.

It's my opinion he needs to look overseas. A decent year at his next school and he should be able to grab that opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom