| MBB/WBB UPDATED: 2023-24 Bama Basketball Roster Tracker

Asking here because I simply do not know. Is Oats setting us up to be a new team each year, or are we just filling in our gaps with players until he can set up a program that consistently recruits higher level talent like Brandon Miller and JD Davison every year? I also understand the new times we are in and players are moving all of the time, so really just curious with people that know better than me.

Asking here because I simply do not know. Is Oats setting us up to be a new team each year, or are we just filling in our gaps with players until he can set up a program that consistently recruits higher level talent like Brandon Miller and JD Davison every year? I also understand the new times we are in and players are moving all of the time, so really just curious with people that know better than me.
I'd say both. Look at how long he had Miller and Davidson and you have your answer.

It definitely feels like he's adapting with today culture and this might be one of his strength to do stuff like that... If he can do this, odds he goes to NBA sooner than expected.
Other good coaches, like Oats, doing this has caused the end of Calipari's run at Kentucky. Now that other coaches are embracing the "one and done" kids, they've got options.

Well, do you think JQ made the right decision?

I do not understand why he left and what is going on with JQ. Seems like he had a path for another great year but if he does it will not be in T-Town. I wish him well and hope he accomplishes everything he wants to accomplish on the court and in life.

Is it not there at Bama? Something about him or the program?

From my understanding, Oats/Bama went as high as they were going to go. In a college sports world that has become a glorified auction house for athletes, there's going to be times when another bidder keeps throwing up their bid paddle.

Back
Top Bottom