| LIFE Thought for the Day

I saw this at a tire store last week.

Workers Needed:

Please do not apply if you oversleep, have court often, do not have a babysitter every day, have to get rides to wok later than our workday begins, experience flat tires every week, have to hold on to a cell phone all day, or will become an expert at your job with no need to learn or take advice after the first day. Must be able to talk and work at the same time. Must also remember to come back to work after lunch. Should not expect to receive gold stars for being on time. If you qualify, leave your name and number.

The manager might be married to a teacher.

The manager might be married to a teacher.
@alabama mike There's a story here; entertaining to me.

Newsweek picked the story up in 2022 and linked it to a different "store" with an image. I found it interesting that their story started off with the tone "this is what Covid brought" knowing they were off: way off.

I first the the ad before the Newsweek article. It tracked back to Linkin and was from the spring of '16 or '17. One of their site authors took the time to critique the ad and break down how it causes fear (as one example) in the work place.

I'd bet a search will yield a half of a dozen results: just use the ad itself.

Here's a thought for the day..and it is linked to the Easter post I made.

The main character shrinks in the background here. Several do. It's not about them. I know these folks and it's interesting to watch.

It's not about me.

Weird thought today. But it literally happened.

"If you come to my door and knock..if I hear ya, come in. Let's eat. " The lady I said it to...she was just funny.

That's a verse in the Bible.

Others
Others

Lord, help me to live from day to day
In such a self forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayer shall be for others.
Help me in all the work I do
To ever be sincere and true
And know that all I'll do for you
Must needs be done for others.
Let self be crucified and slain
And buried deep ‑ and all in vain
May efforts be to rise again
Unless to live for others.
And when my work on Earth is done
And my new work in Heaven begun
May I forget the crown I've won
While thinking still of others.
Others, Lord, others
Let this my motto be.
Help me to live for others,
That I may live like Thee.

Charles Meigs

Quiet is no certain pledge of permanence and safety. Trees may flourish and flowers may bloom upon the quiet mountain side, while silently the trickling of rain-drops are filling the deep cavern behind its rocky barriers, which, by and by, in a single moment, shall hurl to wild ruin its treacherous peace.

James Garfield

Back
Top Bottom